Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Hurricane Sandy

Anybody living in the path?
Get your supplies, keep your head down, and let's all hope it won't be as bad as they say.
Good Luck!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Stay safe everybody, and see you at the other end.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayMouser View Post
Anybody living in the path?
Get your supplies, keep your head down, and let's all hope it won't be as bad as they say.
Good Luck!
I just lost electric power for one day. Otherwise, I and my family came out unscathed. There were many trees that fell over during the storm. A friend of mine in Toms River was fortunate in having two trees missing his house when they fell over. Falling trees have caused damage and death in the area.

Many people in coastal communities are having issues with flooding and lack of power.

Communities in southern parts of New Jersey were harder hit by Sandy.

Weather was not too bad today, but it will take some time for everything to come back to normal.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

I had the interesting and fairly unique experience of avoiding the hurricane by flying over it as it approached our area (DC/Maryland) and flying to a place where it had already been (Florida). And by the time I got back home it was long past. Fortunately we were largely spared of any real devastation and my heart goes out to those folks in NJ and NY who got hammered and lost homes and lives and had their world turned upside down. If you can donate goods or money or time to help please do so. There are organized efforts out there for that.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote