FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2004, 05:42 PM   #61
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
America's good because we wouldn't name any town "Cockermouth."

*snicker*

Sween: if you post anything besides "why people love the USA" then you'd be spamming. If you want to bash the US, there are plenty of threads for you to enjoy doing that in.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:04 PM   #62
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
*snicker*

Sween: if you post anything besides "why people love the USA" then you'd be spamming. If you want to bash the US, there are plenty of threads for you to enjoy doing that in.
ive allready told you i like basketball! Nowt wrong with my towns name
Old 03-29-2004, 07:19 PM   #63
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
what so we are omly allowed to say how good you are? you fool
In this thread - yeah. There are plenty of threads here to criticize, complain, hate the US in. There are many from 2 years ago you can post in too.

But this thread isn't to complain about the US - it's to see if anyone actually likes the US and for them to post in here. It is also not to talk bad about other countries.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:13 AM   #64
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Not in any particular order:
Jazz
Rock
the NFL
Thoreau and Emerson
"When Lilacs Last in the Court-yard Bloomed"
Keeping the West free from the Soviet Union.
"This Land is Your Land"
"The Battle Hymn of the Republic"
1966-1969 Camaros

and, of course

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness..."

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:12 AM   #65
Janny
The Blobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayMouser
Not in any particular order:
Jazz
Rock
the NFL
Thoreau and Emerson
"When Lilacs Last in the Court-yard Bloomed"
Keeping the West free from the Soviet Union.
"This Land is Your Land"
"The Battle Hymn of the Republic"
1966-1969 Camaros
'This Land is Your Land' Is that the Guthrie original or are any of the covers what makes America great?
You seem also to have omitted Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, and possibly most importantly, Zonker Harris, professional suntanning champ from Doonesbury comics.

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:11 AM   #66
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
Nowt wrong with my towns name
omg, Sween... please.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:28 AM   #67
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
In this thread - yeah. There are plenty of threads here to criticize, complain, hate the US in. There are many from 2 years ago you can post in too.
it's kinda like those threads where you only say good things about pj's movies then?

another good thing about the US... hamburgers and french fries!!
Old 03-30-2004, 03:21 PM   #68
Janny
The Blobbit

Dammit Ruinel there's nothing wrong with Cockermouth! It's quaint and English... ish... anyways... you never see that in your hometown's name. I thought that bus driver was really dirty for seeing something kinky in 'Broadstairs'.

Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to the small and arrogant oligarchy of those who happen to be walking about. ~ Mercutio... erm, GK Chesterton.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:52 PM   #69
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Anybody here been through Intercourse? Um the city in Pennsylvania that is. Been through it once or twice myself. Lots of Amish there. In fact I went through there once with an old girlfriend of mine and I guess I went a little fast because she complained and said the next time we go through Intercourse I need to slow down so she can enjoy it more before its behind us. To which I replied well thats fine why dont we just turn around and go back through Intercourse again till yer satisfied. Course I had to stop for gas first...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:25 PM   #70
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Janny
Dammit Ruinel there's nothing wrong with Cockermouth! It's quaint and English... ish... anyways... you never see that in your hometown's name. I thought that bus driver was really dirty for seeing something kinky in 'Broadstairs'.
I'm not the one who first said it. Honest!
Old 03-30-2004, 04:27 PM   #71
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Anybody here been through Intercourse?
Of course... oh.. the city... oops... no.
Quote:
Um the city in Pennsylvania that is. Been through it once or twice myself. Lots of Amish there. In fact I went through there once with an old girlfriend of mine and I guess I went a little fast because she complained and said the next time we go through Intercourse I need to slow down so she can enjoy it more before its behind us. To which I replied well thats fine why dont we just turn around and go back through Intercourse again till yer satisfied. Course I had to stop for gas first...
Intercourse and gas don't mix though... not a good thing to be full of gas when going through Intercourse.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:55 AM   #72
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Now, I can't speak for my compatriots, but just because I'm from Canada doesn't mean I don't like a lot of things about your country.

America's a nice place. The cities I've visited are resplendent in their own unique ways, and vibrant with things to do. I particularly like the seafood restaurants on the piers of Boston, Seattle and San Francisco.

You spend a lot on your military so we don't have to. That's sweet of ya.

You have legislated protections of the separation of church and state. The more consistently they are applied, the better.

Baseball.

From the historical standpoint, it's important not to trivialize the accomplishments of the United States simply because they look all big and brutish today. Let's look at Japanese and West German redevelopment, for example. That is not a bad thing.

I won't make judgments about Americans as a people; I don't think it's fair to either compliment or bash them universally, because as is the case in any other country, there are smart and nice Americans, and dumb and mean Americans. I've met some smart and nice ones, and I like them.

You speak English. Okay, so it's a mildly twisted form of English in some cases, but it's English. This is good.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:54 PM   #73
Janny
The Blobbit

Quiddit IronParrot!! We were having a nice childish and fascinatingly euphemistic (IR! ) discussion on place names!

Old 03-31-2004, 04:41 PM   #74
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Conan O'Brien

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:16 PM   #75
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
Why cat-lovers love the USA

Maine Coon cats are a distinct breed of cat developed in the USA. They are large, long-coated and come in a variety of colors. They have large feet with fur tufts between the toes which enable them to walk on top of deep snow (sort of like snowshoes). They also have very laid-back personalities and often tip the scales at twenty pounds or more.

Another genetic trait that has been passed on to cats in the USA is polydactylism -- meaning "many toed" cats. It originated among plain old farm cats in the eastern US and has spread throughout the years to other parts of North America. If you have a cat with six or seven toes, you can bet it's ancestor came from New England!

And more reasons to love the USA:

Ice cream in every flavor immaginable!
Baseball games on summer days.
The Great Lakes!
New Hampshire and New Mexico (so very different and so very beautiful!)
Great Lakes lighthouses!
PT Cruisers...

I'll shut up now!

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...
Beruthiel's cat is offline   Reply With Quote