Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 01:49 PM   #21
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Change done.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 09-02-2005 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:09 PM   #22
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Number 9, (as in "Revoluton No. 9) reporting for duty... that's me, Viniglaen - Viv for short. Sorry I'm a bit late, was busy out catburglaring... So, where's Wikkie?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 08-30-2005, 05:08 PM   #23
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

OOC:

Don't know, but he pm'd me yesterday ... had some fighting talk!

Witch king: suggest we stick with Pm's: i can't be doing with that other stuff. too much effort!

Tessar: what is your character by the way? it wasn't clear.

IC:

"Hush-Hush! and hurry!"
fluted Beautiful Boomerang again flying high above the tumultulous Moot woods ... shadowy wings flapping eerily across the full moon ...

below the moot woods were filling: an assortment of wraiths, Mods and even a rogue Mod wandered there...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-30-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:14 PM   #24
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Be careful, all ye wraiths, of those Mods - they can be double-edged swords, and one never knows whose "side" they're actually on. This is the DARK side here; no namby-pambying around. If someone goes for Lily's alluring sexiness, they are considered CONQUERED by the dark side; no fence-sitting will be tolerated.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:23 PM   #25
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

at that very momment Beautiful Boomerang landed on the fence ...

OOC: what about VIV?

btw the odd reply IN-character please ... there are Mods around ...
Old 08-30-2005, 05:30 PM   #26
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

What do you mean what about Viv? I AM Viv! Who did you think was talking before??

Old 08-30-2005, 05:55 PM   #27
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

OOC post:

Quote:
If someone goes for Lily's alluring sexiness, they are considered CONQUERED by the dark side; no fence-sitting will be tolerated.

so... what about Viv?

IC: hears an owl hoot, a finger being sliced and a wolf howls medically at the moon...
Old 08-30-2005, 05:58 PM   #28
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I'm not sure I get it, but - BB, are you trying to flirt with me, or something? If so, it's not going to work; my heart is set on Mor. Need a bandaid for that finger, my friend?

Old 08-30-2005, 06:17 PM   #29
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well as for the the owl - this RPG is in the woods of moot middle earth .. so an owl seems like a good scene setter in the moonlight - can't think what put into my head - anyway this ahem RPG tis the battlefield for the calling all nazgul thread (currently under the eminent juristiction of the RPG Mods ... hello by the way ...

*hints at dangers of not being in character occasionally ... HINT HINT ... *

Valandil, our roaming rogue MOD is the finger-slicer - see earlier post

six, nee Five is a wolf... thus for some odd wolfie reason decided to howl at the moon ....

what about Viv refers to your post about LIL' .... so, what about Viv?

Am i flirting with you? ... *blows kiss* ... nay, that's valandil's influence on me i guess ...

Tis hard being a 60 year old heir to the throne ...

where's khamul by the way?
Old 08-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #30
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
...Valandil, our roaming rogue MOD is the finger-slicer - see earlier post...
No - SON of 'Finger-Slicer' - if my other post was unclear.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:38 PM   #31
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Well, Son of Finger Slicer - are you one of us, or what? It's lovely here on the dark side; join us, join us!

Old 08-31-2005, 04:21 AM   #32
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
No - SON of 'Finger-Slicer' - if my other post was unclear.

well, isn't it a family business?

Finger-slicer & Sons, established since the dawn of Man (and possibly beyond ...)

Valandil, you do have to keep the family name and traditions going y'know...

Lotesse: our rogue Mod must keep his cards open ... for the drama y'know...

*sends flowers to both Lotesse and to Earniel - will Valandil get angry and try to grow the family business 'while you wait' in the Woods?*
Old 08-31-2005, 05:02 AM   #33
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
btw grey wolf, i didn't ask for a new thread, i advocated polite requests to re-open the old one ... but no harm done .... well done!
Well done? I try to find a solution for the first thread between graduating and working a whole weekend and then I find you lot going behind my back and open an identical thread? Well done indeed, nice show of respect to your moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Oi... I may have gotten myself in deep trouble with Eärniel... in a COUPLE ways!
You're not exactly helping now either. It'll be the plastic gecko for you next...

Quote:
well as for the the owl - this RPG is in the woods of moot middle earth .. so an owl seems like a good scene setter in the moonlight - can't think what put into my head - anyway this ahem RPG tis the battlefield for the calling all nazgul thread (currently under the eminent juristiction of the RPG Mods ... hello by the way ...
So it is an RPG. I would have prefered a straight answer directly and not a whole page later. Since you finally have decided to make this thread an RPG, it will get treated like one, meaning: go off topic and it will be closed. No chat, take that to the Teacup cafe or PM. Valandil, I trust you will keep an eye on that as well.

Also, this thread is in no way going to determine whether the orginal thread is reopened. In fact by making this thread before the first one was sorted out you have taken away the reason for reopening it. Moderator decisions are not meant to be circumvented or ignored when they do not suit you.

PM me if you have any comments on this, do not post them here.

Sorry for the interruption, you can continue the game.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:13 AM   #34
Valandil

OOC: I agree totally with Earniel that this thread should not have been started like it was. Having 'insider information' - I will share with you that Earniel was giving this thread a chance to be an actual RPG - and not just chit-chat or a circumvention of her earlier decision. Ill-advised or not, I decided to jump in and give you a chance to make a Game of it. So... if we're on, let's play the game. If we're not - I fully support the closing of this thread as well and letting both it and the other sink into the abyss of "Forgotten Misbegotten Misplaced non-RPG Threads Started in the RPG Forum".

Got it?

OK - IC:

Valandil sat at his favorite table at his favorite outdoor pub in Tharbad. It was beside the Greyflood River, which flowed steadily behind him - and very near the bridge, which was just downstream. It was also close to the riverfront house he had moved into, along with his entourage (some of whom were with him now - his Chancellor, his Tutor - and his friends Ray and Marty). He was reading the latest issue of "Palantir Gazette" - dated earlier this year - 50 Third Age. It was late on a Friday afternoon and the sun would soon be setting, but he was trying to find some way to take his mind off his classes... and girls. Or to think about the girls... he wasn't really sure.

Officially, he was in Tharbad to study - USAT (University of Southern Arnor at Tharbad). He had a rather heavy load: Ship-building I, Bridge-building II, Commerce, Embalming III and Wine-tasting. It was just early September, but he was already behind, and there was probably no way his 'keepers' would let him go to the big game tomorrow. Royals were expected to do the best in everything - but truthfully, even being in Tharbad, like reading the paper - was just meant to be a distraction.

Oh - he had really embarrassed himself that spring. His mother always wanted to go visit "Uncle" Elrond, so they had gone there once more. Only this time, in addition to having to endure his rather obviously aged mother making eyes at the Half-Elven, he had espied Celebrian... WOW! Of course he was quite taken (even her mother was HOT!), but she was quite cold toward him. He thought she'd've been more appreciative - she and his folks were like "Homeless Elves" (though not Houseless) - and they could have all come back to Evendim with him (where they said they had once dwelt - why couldn't they just say 'lived'?).

Well - you may know how this one came out. Turns out they were all making an 'arrangement' about Elrond and Celebrian - so Valandil and his mother, after a bit of an embarrassing scene, had slipped away and headed back for home. But he had been listless the rest of spring. Finally - in summer he decided to come to Tharbad and enroll for graduate-level classes in the Fall. But he chose Tharbad because of the stories about Nin-in-Eilph - and the mysterious Elf Maiden who was said to live there. His mother had insisted on him bringing enough 'advisors' to keep him under a pretty tight watch, but he had still managed to slip out a few nights before classes began, to go to the place of swans. He even thought he had seen her once... but he wasn't sure - had his eyes only been fooling him?

And then the rest of the students had begun to arrive. The campus was abuzz with the word that the High King was studying there, and most of his classmates were tripping over themselves to try to make his acquaintance. And the girls... eye-yie-YIE!

Anyway - if this would be strictly study, it would be a long 2 months before the 4-month Yule Break (followed by a month of Spring Semester, a month of Spring Break and then the second month of Spring classes). The moon would be a little past full. It would be dark at first, but later there would be light to see by. He wondered if he could slip out again, before the moon rose - and then make his way back across the river.

A butterfly came fluttering about, breaking his thoughts. First he just watched it, then tried to catch it, but failed. This seemed to anger the thing so it danced madly around his face. He swatted at it, missing again (to the amusement of his companions) and then watched it fly away, toward the river. "Sigh," he thought. "Well - summer is ending and your days won't be much longer anyway, my pretty friend."

The serving girl came out with hot fresh bread and apple cider. The place began to fill up and the other patrons - a mix of students and townies - kept making furtive (what IS 'furtive' anyway?) glances his way. Perhaps it was time to leave.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Last edited by Valandil : 08-31-2005 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:03 AM   #35
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Valandil,

IT IS JUST GREAT! Wonderful opening!

I have only one suggestion, now that I know a lot more about RPG's than I did four months ago: I believe you have to open the main RPG thread. Something like "Nazgul in arnor" or "Valandil and the Wraiths" or "Where is the Ring?" or whatever the name of the story is.

And the present thread (Calling all...) will be for discussion on the RPG.

Now some thoughts I have on the matter:
I think you have picked a very interesting PERIOD.
At this time Sau has freshly disappeared from our lives, and nobody weeps for him . As for us, wraiths, we have freshly recovered from a half-age of Sau's brain-washing and "having no will of our own". We are now free and we can FEEL and THINK and ENJOY LIFE again! Sounds GREAT!!!!

And WE HAVE 9 RINGS!!!
Here I advise to accept that WITH THE RINGS THE NAZGUL ARE CAPABLE OF BEING FULLY VISIBLE AT WILL (OR FULLY INVISIBLE; CLOTHES AND ALL).That is not 100% canon, but it doesn't contradict canon.

SO WE CAN LOOK LIKE NORMAL MORTALS. (Extremely handsome mortals if I say so myself , as mid-second age Numenoreans must look). Wikkie, as a King of Numenor, looks especially stunning .

So, back to the tale. We have learned that Isildur took the Ring and went North and got killed. But we have to learn WHERE THE RING IS. Nobody thinks it is lost. It may be either in Rivendell, or in Lorien or in Annuminas.
Valandil is likely the owner. But we have to check it. So we send a group of wraiths (GIRLS first!!!) to befriend Val. He will have a full choice:
fiery sexy readhead Lily, quiet and serious pure-blood numenorean Gorgie and tomboyish Vivvie. I think one has a good chance to become the Queen???

Valandil, Are Girls admitted to Tharbad Academy as students?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:08 AM   #36
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

TO BB!!!

BTW, will you play Wikkie, Butterbeer?? Please!!
I think you are the best choice, unless Olmer will join us, which is quite ... ah well...

And again , Wikkie must not be called "Wikkie". It is a later Angmar-period name. What should he be called?

Ciry? (Short for Tar-Ciryatan?) Or most likely, some fake name, made especially for Arnorians? I propose Angmorion/Angmarion (or just Angmar?)or something like that.
Actually nobody in Arnor had heard of Angmar yet, so it could be fine.

And who will be MOR (NO 4) for you, Vivvie?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 AM   #37
Valandil

(OOC) OK - I'll change the set-up between 12 and 24 hours from now.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 08-31-2005, 11:12 AM   #38
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
Valandil,

IT IS JUST GREAT! Wonderful opening!

I have only one suggestion, now that I know a lot more about RPG's than I did four months ago: I believe you have to open the main RPG thread. Something like "Nazgul in arnor" or "Valandil and the Wraiths" or "Where is the Ring?" or whatever the name of the story is.

And the present thread (Calling all...) will be for discussion on the RPG.

Now some thoughts I have on the matter:
I think you have picked a very interesting PERIOD.
At this time Sau has freshly disappeared from our lives, and nobody weeps for him . As for us, wraiths, we have freshly recovered from a half-age of Sau's brain-washing and "having no will of our own". We are now free and we can FEEL and THINK and ENJOY LIFE again! Sounds GREAT!!!!

And WE HAVE 9 RINGS!!!
Here I advise to accept that WITH THE RINGS THE NAZGUL ARE CAPABLE OF BEING FULLY VISIBLE AT WILL (OR FULLY INVISIBLE; CLOTHES AND ALL).That is not 100% canon, but it doesn't contradict canon.

SO WE CAN LOOK LIKE NORMAL MORTALS. (Extremely handsome mortals if I say so myself , as mid-second age Numenoreans must look). Wikkie, as a King of Numenor, looks especially stunning .

So, back to the tale. We have learned that Isildur took the Ring and went North and got killed. But we have to learn WHERE THE RING IS. Nobody thinks it is lost. It may be either in Rivendell, or in Lorien or in Annuminas.
Valandil is likely the owner. But we have to check it. So we send a group of wraiths (GIRLS first!!!) to befriend Val. He will have a full choice:
fiery sexy readhead Lily, quiet and serious pure-blood numenorean Gorgie and tomboyish Vivvie. I think one has a good chance to become the Queen???

Meaning this one? TNaC -CAN II will be the discussion thread, OK.

Then we'll have to rename the other thread (the original one: Calling all Nazgûl) The Nazgûl Campaign won't we?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:57 PM   #39
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis

I'd like to be a student; I think it's high time Viniglaen got a complete education anyway, instead of spending her entire un-life sneaking around being a catburglar. She needs a change of pace and some new options.

Old 09-01-2005, 05:52 AM   #40
The Witch-King of Angmar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

Ah Excellent, we are almost assembled. Can All Nazgûl please email me at luke_frywalker@hotmail.com telling me what number they would take up in our fellowship. First 9 to email me will get in, maybe we could take on others after that.

Thankyou my loyal Nazgûl, the nine of Sauron will rise again!

I'm an Xbox Guy!
Xbox Guys
Closed Thread