Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 05:05 PM   #201
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

(edit - no longer relevant )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 09-08-2005 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:07 PM   #202
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Well, Rian, I propose you to come to my palace tomorrow morning (after we have a night drink and talk with Ray and Marty) and get hired.

Meanwhile, you can post on how you have read the AD, and how you are musing on it. And introduce your bio and character.

I am looking forward to have you very much. You will be terrific as Lil's housekeeper. Please, post right away.

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-08-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:09 PM   #203
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

oh, I"m not sure I'm up to handling the entire household yet!

*is very nervous because she's new at this*

Maybe I'll invent a main housekeeper character ... I'll have to think about that ... I want my character to have time for little side adventures, so I'll have to think of a job that has breaks ... any suggestions?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 09-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #204
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I think the housekeeper idea's ideal, because think about it - a household's chief housekeeper knows ALL the secrets and goings-on, there is so much opportunity there to do all sorts of sub-plots and mischief, even outside of the actual household.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-08-2005, 05:13 PM   #205
Rían

(blank post)

Last edited by Rían : 09-10-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #206
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I think the housekeeper idea's ideal, because think about it - a household's chief housekeeper knows ALL the secrets and goings-on, there is so much opportunity there to do all sorts of sub-plots and mischief, even outside of the actual household.
well, I guess as the main housekeeper, I won't deny myself some time off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Well, Rian, I propose you to come to my palace tomorrow morning (after we have a night drink and talk with Ray and Marty) and get hired.
Great!
*gets her resume ready*

Old 09-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #207
CrazySquirrel

oh, double post

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-08-2005 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:23 PM   #208
Rían

(BB, your PM box is full!)

*goes off to read the rpg notes from the beginning*

Old 09-08-2005, 05:26 PM   #209
Rían

do bios go on the discussion thread?

and what's an AD?

(sorry for my ignorance!)

Old 09-08-2005, 05:34 PM   #210
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Biogs can be integrated into how you post your bit of story, like "she brushed her long blonde hair out of her dark eyes, her lean athletic body imperceptively moving to the beat of the band's music. her background in teaching classical dance had ingrained within her a certain natural rhythm, and coming from (wherever) she was naturally endowed with a certain (whatever)" and stuff like that. Then, later if you feel like it, you can paste pics of what your person looks like here in Discussion, plus add anything you feel like here, like I did about Viniglaen's eyes.

and AD, I don't know what that is, except perhaps "Anno Domini?" or, After Dinner? All Done? Aardvark Doughnuts? Hmmm, not sure about that one...

Old 09-08-2005, 05:37 PM   #211
Rían

I think I'd prefer an Apple Doughnut over an Aardvark one!

CS mentioned something about reading an AD, that's what I was asking about.

I made my first post! *bites her nails*

Old 09-08-2005, 05:39 PM   #212
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
do bios go on the discussion thread?

and what's an AD?
Bios as such should go to the discussion thread, but once approved, it is nice to include them in an appropriate conversation or description in the main thread. The idea is to let the main thread stand on its own. I have posted my bio in the discussion thread, and I am planning to repeat my story to Ray and Marty this very night, in my palace.

Ad is the advertisement I have posted in the local newspaper:"Noble household looks for an experienced, discreet and orderly housekeeper. Recommendations needed. "
You can describe how you found it, read it and how you think about applying for the job. In all this you can easily and smoothly tell your story.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:41 PM   #213
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

VERy nice, Rian! So, what will she do today? Will she get hired by Lilly at the mansion? Will Viv try and pick her pockets? (No, not really! Viv doesn't usually bother normal citizens; she goes for the uber-rich and mega-powerfuls, the ones who have things like Nice Shiny Ruling Rings)

The tension mounts!

Old 09-08-2005, 05:52 PM   #214
Rían

well, um, right now she has to ...

pick up her kids at school! (at least in RL)

the RPG RÃ*an will sit in the tree for awhile, I guess

thanks for the explanation, CS (do you go by CS, or what?) - that helps a lot. I'm starting to catch on...

Old 09-08-2005, 06:06 PM   #215
CrazySquirrel

CS will be fine, Rian. Nice post indeed.
Have a good evening.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:07 PM   #216
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

...words fail me at this point .... i kid you not.

BLIMEY o'reilly! .. i only logged on for a second ... and well over an hour later (nearer 2!) i get to finish this thread ... what with pm's and etc ...

... still haven't read the rpg yet! (makes a change, heh? )

well, there seems, as has been made apparent, to have been a misunderstanding ....

welcome Rian! ... told you it wouldn't take up much of your time! ....

what was originally in post 200 btw?

well, normally (who said normally here??? ) you introduce your character in terms of introduction and background in the rpg itself as an integral part of your rpg post .... to establish for all your character ... i agree with lotesse, your position there Rian, can, if you want it to, be a key figure ... knowing much of what goes on ... up to you entirely where you grow and take the character but if you wish you could be pivotal in shaping events through your position .... and inevitable interaction with other characters ...

.. events here are NOT cast in stone .. we are entirely character driven ...

exciting heh?

CS:

...oh boy my brain is reeling! ... enough for just now, see you later on when i have had time to take a breather

best all BB
Old 09-08-2005, 07:13 PM   #217
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I have an idea, you guys! How about let's have a game rule that we are not allowed to put red smilies (frownies? grimace-ies?) anywhere in our game. I think it's a good idea. BB, maybe we could eradicate post 199's red frownies, so it looks less agro around here. My own post 200 is a goner, no longer relevant. It wasn't mean or anything, but it's simply irrelevant now, so...

Old 09-08-2005, 07:21 PM   #218
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

That's what is called a hot thread! You are away 24 hours and you get 3 pages to read. Very good posts in the main, All.

Liked the pictures. Lilly is a sex-bomb, Viv is cute!
Marty is a killer. I loved the portrait.

Gor is very beautiful, CS, thank you. But she does look like an evil witch. Who's portrait was that originally? I am afraid Gor will have problems attracting Val looking so cold and cruel But perhaps she is looking at Lilly...

Five must be more oriental. A young Omar Sharif? But we can let Doc GW choose for himself. Val seems fine to me, but too serious.
Khamul? can you get a picture, TD?
Earniel?

Rian, I am glad you are with us. Being Lilly's servant must prove really trying, believe me, I have known her for well over a millennium.
I hope you didn't mean "being in both words" literally, as being an elf or a half-elf does not give you an access to the spirit-world. Only Calaquendi elves, like Glorfindel, are at home there.

It seems I have nothing new to post today, instead I will edit my old posts to fit the following ones.

Don't forget, Val, you have to meet with the Chancellor on Sunday Evening. There will be an official introduction and a small reception aftrwards.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:27 PM   #219
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Gor - Yes, YES, a young Omar Sharif is SPOT ON!! That's almost exactly how I'd always pictured him.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:33 PM   #220
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Why, RÃ*an, this must be the first time I see you in this forum! Glad to have you here all the same. Don't worry, just relax, you'll pick up the rhythm soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
Khamul? can you get a picture, TD? Earniel?
Will draw you one, I have this pet peeve about using other people's drawings for my characters without permission. Must be having spent too much time on Elfwood. So I'll draw it myself *looks in RÃ*an's direction* after a certain T-shirt design gets inked, of course.