Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-12-2003, 01:50 AM   #1
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Inheiritance

the dragon riders existed a century ago, they were wiped out by the evil king, Galbatorix, who hated them with all the malice in the world. The dragons themselves have gone into legend, and myth. But one, dragon egg survived. And one rider remains. They must find eachother and take over the empire and the evil King, Galbatorix. okay, I stole this plot from a book, my charactar is,
name:Eragon
race:human
appearance:brown hair, brown eyes, strong, but not burly
background:Eragon lives with his Uncle and cousin outside of a small town. His mother and father died when he was a boy, he doesn't know alot about them. He is the only dragon rider left, though he has no idea.
dragon: Saphira has blue/violet scales, and deep, big beautiful saphire eyes.

about dragons: the dragons were taken by the riders and formed an alliance, each rider had its dragon and loved it with his/her heart. The dragons lived forever, or untill thier rider died. The dragons gave thier riders everlasting life. also, the dragon and its rider could communicate with thier minds, but had to be relatively close, about 3 leauges.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 02:00 AM   #2
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
I'll join you Pip!!

Name:Andrithanalei (Andrith for short)
Race: Human
Weapons: A blade named Terren, with her family crest, a silver leopard embriodered on it. Daggers and bow the same way, and arrows of course.
Animals: A black horse named, Panawin (Pan) and a large silver leopard.
Description: Long, waist length black hair, one blue eye, one puple, full, heart shape lips, tall, slender, and is very attractive for a human.
Personality: Short tempered, quick with a sword, and ALWAYS ready to fight.
History: No knows it except for her, she's buried the past behind her, and for very good reasons might I add. dun-dun-dun
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 02:15 AM   #3
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

yay! thanx lady! ok, i'll start some back-up history junk.

Eragon lept over a log and peered around a tree. The deer herd was waiting just a few yards away. He slowly took out his bow and fit an arrow into the string. But before he could shoot the doe, a blast occured and he was thrown back. The herd was startled and swiftly ran deeper into the forest. He stood up and stepped into the clearing that the blast had made. Sitting right in the middle was a polished blue stone, about a foot long. He causiously poked the stone with the end of his bow and jumped back. Seeing that nothing happned he warily touched the stone. Nothing happned. Eragon picked up the stone. It was light for its size. He decided to take it home. He didn't get any meat, but maybe this stone was worth something. He headed back over the mountains and back to his home.

late that night he arrived at his little farm outside the borders of Carvahall, a small town. He climbed into bed and fell fast asleep. in the early morning hours, about 4 hourse before dawn a heard a squeak. He dissmissed it and rolled over. But there was another squeak. He reluctantly got up and looked around his room. He found nothing. He was about to go to sleep when he heard it again. Eragon looked around the room, then he noticed the blue stone was moving, rattling the nightstand on which it set. It rolled off ad landed on the ground. He jumped up and stared at the stone. A small piece slowly lifted from the smooth surface. Then bigger pieces were removed. A small shapely head popped out from the stone. It let out a soft squeak, and looked at him contently. The creature weasled its way out of the stone and sat at Eragon's feet. It was a dragon hatchling. That wasn't a stone, is was an egg.

Old 10-12-2003, 06:44 AM   #4
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

How is this game related to Middle-earth? It sounds more like Pern to me.

All RPG's here must have a connection to Middle-earth.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:22 AM   #5
Eärloth
Elven Warrior

Okay then

Name: Banuien
Race: Nandor
Sex: Female
Status: visiting the isle of wherevertheheckthisevildragonhaterdudeis from her homeland (Middle-earth) - is determined to save the last of the goodwilled dragons
Height: 6'3
Hair: Black, plaited & ends @ the bottom of her ribs (am I explaining myself correctly?)
Eyes: Greenish blue; arched eyebrows
Clothes: Green tunic with golden tree sewn on the front; brown-green boots & pants.
Weapons: curved sword, 5 throwing dirks, hatchet, longbow & quiver of arrows.
Jewellery: long necklace of mithril; emerald sits at the breast.

Telperinai pennar niei rossenen,
iéni únótimai be m?*ri Aiaro!
Man erca óre nio ettuccuba?
S?* mapuba Ulmo ciria ma
be findi-falla; Baradis mentuba
i Elestel i en tulia me
Annúne pella, nimpei srestanai
or helle cúna, helle rácina.
Nan merin minia lóte elanar
an sire cenin Ennor tellabe.
Namárie! Autame Balinórena,
Ennórelo autai! Namárie!
Eärloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 10:48 AM   #6
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Now connected to Middle-earth, how convenient. ::laughs:: Hey, Pip, would it be possible for me to join? I know it's a little late sort of, but I would like to. I know there's only one rider and dragon, so I'll just be a friend or something I suppose, since I can't be one. Let me know if it's all right.

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 12:29 PM   #7
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
ooc: Okay, not to be rude, but DRAGONS were at one time in middle earth, and I find this an extremely attractive one at that.

ic:
*flashback*
Andrith wondered the small forest of her land aimlessly, pondering to herself. The oddest little thing had happened that morning. A small silver kitten had gotten into her house somehow, and had crept onto her bed the night before. When she awoke her mother was cursing, and calling it a rat.
Now, though, as she walked through the wood, the kitten, (which turned out to be a leopard cub) followed silently behind her, playfully jumping at the autumn leaves that, in his mind, were falling from heaven.
"No, Isil, do not hesitate, we must...I mean, I must," She corrected, feeling stupid talking to a cat, yet finding it easy all the same. "...I must...what was I doing again?" she asked him, not realizing that she had said it aloud.
"Going to find an herb for your mother...I believe it was called, Arthiana, but I could be wrong." Isil said, rubbing up against her legs as he spoke.
Andrith stood in shock. Her kitten could talk! This small furry thing understood her! And at the moment, she felt such a powerful bond with the cat that nothing could possibley break it. Never in her entire years.
*end flashback*

Andrith's pretty mismatched eyes opened to see a large circle of seven willows surrounding her, protecting her. Isil, her large silver leopard lay at her side, and she suddenly realized where she was, and what she was doing there.
I fell asleep here, in Lorien forest, after orcs chased me away from Rivendell. Oh gods, please dont let something awful being happening in the world of middle earth. She thought, dreadfully standing up, and waking Isil. "Blessed be, Isil, we are safe for the moment." Andrith whipsered as Isil's grey-blue eyes grew wide with fright. He looked more wild then usual.
He let out a small sigh of relief, and sprawled back out on the ground.
This is a Holy place. She thought solemnly.

be back later. byez for now.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 01:15 PM   #8
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

thanx earloth! sure you can join akamai! its not too late at all!
ic: Eragon slowly reached out his hand to touch the dragon. His skin reached its scales, but he jumped back with a surprized yelp. A silvery mark ion his palm had appeared. The pain left him, so he tried again. He gently stroked the dragon's head without any pain. He lifted the dragon in his arms and furtively snuck out of the house, grabbing some meat on his way out. He ran to the forest hoping no one saw him. He stopped in a clearing, and made a little hut for his dragon up in a tree. He placed the it in its makeshift home and gave it some meat. Eragon turned around to go home. He felt the dragon's saphire eyes burning into him, but he marched on. He came back every morning and fed i, and talked to it. The dragon would often glide down beside him and listen to him. Eventually the dragon could hunt for itself, catching rabbits and small animals. Eragon put the dragon in the tree and turned aroung. <Eragon> he heard. He tured around to find the dragon staring at him intently. <Eragon> the dragon was speaking to him, in hs mind. He turned and ran back home.

The next day he came out in the morning as he did everyday. <Eragon> it said. <is that all you can say?> Eragon asked. <yes> it replied. great, now it has a sense of humor! <Now I suppose I have to name you!> said Eragon. <yes> Eragon thought of all the names he had heard in old stories, <Ohilor, the brave?> he suggested. <no> <Jiranos> <no> <Borne, the old> <no> why was it rejecting them all. Then it hit him. <You're a she!> <yes> she said rather aggrevated. <are you Saphira?> <yes> She snorted with happiness.

Old 10-12-2003, 06:25 PM   #9
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Oh, this is soooo not fair Pip! Can their be other dragons please? I won't post my diescirption yet just in case their can't be but won't you please consider it please? Becasue how else would everyone keep up with you? And if this King could kill all of the dragons and their riders how are you supposed bet him with only only one? Please think about it??
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 06:26 PM   #10
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: Oh if only there were one more dragon! Lol, oh well. Lady Arwen, I absolutely fell in love with your idea with Isil, so I sort of took it. i hope you don't mind. Haem doesn't talk though, he just follows. He's gotten Siuahn out of her share of scrapes... almost like a self-appointed guardian. Let me know if it bothers you though...

___

Name: Siuahn Aistos
Age 15
Eyes: Light gray, almost white <pupils just a shade darker, not the normal black> Looks as if she should be blind
Hair: Reddish-bronze, shoulder length straight hair. Bangs fall at about her cheekbones
Frame: Average weight, lean w/ well toned muscles. 5’7”ish. Some freckles on her face, though hardly visible on her darker tanned skin.
Weapons: Some basic magic elements. Nothing special. Broadsword-held over her shoulder, against her back in its sheath. <name - eleutheros>
Background: Siuahn ran away from her home when she was old enough to realize her fathers beatings were intolerable. Has been on her own for nearly three years, passing through villages and scrounging up enough change with her odd-jobs to make a living. Her mare, Asteros, she brought with her from home, stealing her from her fathers’ stables, and Haem, the wolf that is nearly always seen in her company is just a straggler that has taken to following her.
Personality: Has a shadowed look about her, almost evil, but not intimidating. Hates most men, but is willing to give them a chance, and only one. Incredibly sarcastic, but a good and loyal friend once she trusts the person enough.
Clothes: Whatever she can afford, hehe

Old 10-12-2003, 07:41 PM   #11
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

sure! I'm not going to steal all the fun! sorry, I should have thought about that! you can have a dragon!

ic: After two months, Saphira had not been discovered. She had grown, in stature and in mind. Her shoulder was taller than Eragon's, but she was not full grown by any means. Everyday he spoke to her, telling her the meanings of words, and of the world. <Death is a poison> she said. <I caught an eagle today, but I let him go. He didn't deserve death.> Eragon smiled, she wasn't an animal anymore, she was a person, and his friend. <I am going into town today, so I won't be back untill late.> He said, standing up and stretching his limbs. <Very well.> she sighed, curling up under the tree.

Once he had entered the town he made his way to Brom's house. Brom was the storyteller of the town. He knocked on the door, which was answered by the old man. "What do you want, Eragon?" He grumbled. "I have some questions." replied Eragon. "Of course you do," said Brom sarcasticly. But he allowed Eragon to come in. He motioned for the boy to take a seat. "Now, what are you inquiring about this time?" Brom asked lighting his pipe. "Dragons and the riders." said Eragon. Brom looked up from his pipe, staring at the boy. "Well, I suppose we must start at the begining." Brom sighed. "The dragons have been around for years, and years beyond count. The dragon riders were formed to keep all of middle-earth safe. The riders were trained from when they were young, about your age. The dragons were not merely given to them, but the dragons chose thier rider. you see, when a dragon lays an egg, it is ready to hatch. it waits untill it senses thier rider, the one they are supposed to be with. It will only hatch in the precense of the rider they choose." Eragon thought, 'Saphira chose me, over anyone!' He smiled. "One rider, who was very strong and well thought of, went to battle in which all his friends and thier dragons were slaughtered. His dragon's heart was pierced by an arrow. Distraught, he asked for another dragon, but was no permitted one. That night he snuck into the hatchery and stole a hatchling. This man was Galbatorix." Eragon gaped, thier evil king was a dragon rider? "but that was a long time ago!" said Eragon. "The dragon riders live forever, or until they are slain." Eragon didn't like the idea of living forever. "Thank-you, Brom." Eragon offered his hand, Brom shook his hand, but tore off his glove and twisted his arm back, lifting up his palm, exposing the silvery oval. Eragon yanked his hand back. "Where is she?" Brom asked. "I-I, don't know-" studdered Eragon. "You know what i mean! You got that mark from touching a dragon hatchling!" Brom demanded. Eragon hung is head. "She is in the woods behind the farm." Brom smiled. "I will not share your secret." said Brom. Eragon smiled, he believed the old man. He slipped his glove back on and went out the door. "What is her name?" asked Brom. "Saphira." Eragon replied. Brom stared blankly as Eragon left the house.

ooc: sorry bout the long post,

Old 10-12-2003, 07:45 PM   #12
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: *sniffles* I want one! I want one! (wow I sound like a little kid... Oh well.) If i can I promise to be good and friendly and I'll replace the wolfy thingy with one. Come on, Pip! You know you love me! lol

Old 10-12-2003, 07:51 PM   #13
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

sure! go ahead! I love you Akamai! hee hee, make it cool! you can do a little bit of background or something if you wanna.

Old 10-12-2003, 07:55 PM   #14
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: I love you too Pip! thank you! ^_^ yay yay! But I have to go for a little while... So I'll post a new bio (got some new ideas) and then I'll get to writin'! I love you! lol, thank you!

Old 10-12-2003, 08:15 PM   #15
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
OOC:Alright thanks Pip! Don't worry the only idea of yours I plan on stealing is the mark on your thing.

Name:Terinyan(Terin for short)
Village:In the frozen land of Nador( I hope everyone got the jke there).
Description:Pants that fit loosly and bloose(sp?) with a jerkin over it. Leather boots. Dirty blonde hair green eyes and about 5'6''. Carries a sword with no special name.
Bio:I'll post bout the dragon later. My history, I don't have any special rank in my village but my parents aren't popers. I've lived there all my life and so have my mother and father.
Dragon:Has snowy white scales and icey blue eyes because he was born in a frozen land. Not the nicest dragon but certanly good in battle he is about 3 years older than Saphire. His name is Cermante(the e is not silent and I call him Cream sometimes).

I'll go into more detail and post something else when I have the time. Anyway I was thinking all our charcters could meet in a feild after we have practiced flying. LA56 you could see us from above and come wandering over or something like that.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 08:18 PM   #16
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Name: Siuahn Aistos
Eyes: Light gray, almost white <pupils just a shade darker, not the normal black> Looks as if she should be blind
Hair: Reddish-bronze, shoulder length straight hair. Bangs fall at about her cheekbones
Frame: Average weight, lean w/ well toned muscles. 5’7”ish. Some freckles on her face, though hardly visible on her darker tanned skin.
Markings: Plain tribal black tattoos that cover most of her arms and back, and a few on her face
Weapons: Some basic magic elements. Nothing special. Broadsword-held over her shoulder, against her back in its sheath.
Background: Siuahn ran away from her home when she was old enough to realize her fathers beatings were intolerable. Has been on her own for nearly three years, passing through villages and scrounging up enough change with her odd-jobs to make a living.
Personality: Has a shadowed look about her, almost evil, but not intimidating. Hates most men, but is willing to give them a chance, and only one. Incredibly sarcastic, but a good and loyal friend once she trust the person enough.
Clothes: Whatever she can afford, hehe
Dragon: Nyaki sports midnight black scales, though her underside is bronze, as well as her wings. Her eyes are a harsh and calculating Bronze color to match her wings, though they hint at a hidden kindness

Sorry that post is so long o.o Didn't realize it would be.

Old 10-12-2003, 08:28 PM   #17
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

thats fine fim, in fact, everyone should probably do that!

Old 10-12-2003, 08:42 PM   #18
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Siuahn stepped out of the tavern into the crisp morning air with the pouch at her hip jingling cheerily at each step. Pouring drinks for the late night crowd paid surprisingly well in this town. Scrubbing at one eye and yawning, she headed for the north gate, towards the mountains. Nyaki was waiting for her, near the base of those frigid peaks. <Hurry, would you?> Siuahn let a small smile creep to her lips at the familiar sound of the dragon's voice in her head.
____
Nearly a year ago, Siuahn had come across a jet-black, polished stone, and of course, had taken it with her. Her mother had always said Siuahn had a strange affinity for unusual objects. It turned out that the stone was not a stone at all, but rather a dragon egg. Nyaki had since then been at Siuahn's side day in and day out during all her travels.

Even after only a few short months, the pair had grown to be close friends. Siuahn could've sworn she'd known Nyaki for her whole life. At least, she wished she had. It would've made her life so much easier.
____
Pulling herself from her thoughts, Siuahn untied the veil that hid her eyes from view as she reached the hills at the foot of the mountains. No one lived out this far from the village, which was one of the reasons she'd chosen this place to camp. It was far safer here, than say a few miles in. She couldn't risk Nyaki being seen. Not in this kingdom anyway...

Last edited by Akamai Deredal : 10-13-2003 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:57 PM   #19
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

thats good akai!

ic: Eragon walked down the street, thinking about everything Brom had said. His ears pricked, as he heard someone talking in an alley. It was like no other voice he had ever heard. It was deep, and raspy, yet smooth and convincing. "Where did he find it?" it said. another voice replied, it was that of a local butcher, "In the forest somewhere." Eragon stopped by the alley and listened. "What was his name?" asked the raspy voice. "Eragon." he was terrified. 'Why are they looking for me?' he thought. Then his heart dropped to his stomach. Saphira. He ran past the lley, and saw two black cloaked figures and the butcher. He ran past them and fought his way home. He ran as fast as he could, or faster. He passed the farm and stole into the forest. <Saphira!> he called with his mind. <yes> she flew down out of the tree. He touched her shoulder and gave her images of the people. Her saphire eyes filled with rage. She grabbed Eragon by is shirt and put him on her back. She powerfully beat her wings and they rose into the air. Eragon shreiked with fright, looking over the edge. He felt vomit coming up his throat. He buried his face in Saphira's rough scales. They seemed to be flying forever. the freezing wind burned his cheeks. They finally landed in an opening, it was the same place Eragon had found the egg. He tumbled off of her. He cried out in pain, hot blood poured down his legs. He lifted his pant's leg up only to see the skin on his knees had been rubbed off by Saphira's rough scales. <Murderers> she said. <Why did you bring me here?> he asked painfully. <they were going to kill you> she replied. <take me back! I have to warn my family!> he dropped his head heavily on the snowy ground. <not yet> He stared at her. With one mighty swish of her tail she cleaned the area of snow. She ifted him up and set him on the dry ground. She laid down beside him, stretching her wing over him for shelter. Eragon reluctantly fell into a fitfull sleep.

Old 10-12-2003, 10:03 PM   #20
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

OOC: Hey Pip, ole buddy ole pal... What happens now? Should Eragorn and Siuahn meet up here or something? <Sorry I'm being so stupid, lol, but I'm having a hard time thinking right now...> -_-