Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #1
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

The two RPs are sort of ‘fanfics in progress’. The first one my wife and I started with the fall of Osgiliath, and the tale is told from the perspective of two main original characters. One is an ardent Eldacar supporter that works at organising resistance in Gondor, and the other is an up and coming officer in the Gondorain navy whose loyalties are to Gondor. Anyway, getting back on topic, I have read that line in Appendix A, but never considered it being physically in the middle of the river. We wrote it as being carried off by Castamirians but were intercepted by soldiers loyal to Eldacar on the bridge and it was lost in the river. I see a lot of video game graphics and game inspired artwork that puts it on an island on the east side of the bridge.

As for who else joined in, the Castamirians invested heavily in Umbar and likely had dealings with some tribes of Harad. The easterlings were still recovering from the beating they took when Gondor and Rhovania defeated them not long before.