Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2001, 10:45 AM   #1
Strange-Looking Lurker
Elven Warrior

The Frodo and Sam thread countinuded

Did I spell that right? I doubt it. Who cares?

Anyway, here we can keep talking about....ummm...whatever it was that we were talking about in that thread! If y'all don't want to, that's fine and no problem: I've been know to debate things to death.

Ok, here we go.

"It is hypocritical to behave as a Christian, and in the same breath condem another for not sharing your belief. "

You seem to think for some reason that Christianity is tollerant of other beleifs. It's not. Christianity claims to be the one and only way. All other ways are false and of the devil. Christ is the only way to heaven. That's what Christianity says. It is very Christian like to say that another beleif is wrong.

"No person on this planet has the right or power to judge another by saying they are going to hell for a belief or practice that differs from that persons norm. "

I am not judging you. I am telling you that God will judge you. Big differance. I totally agree that I don't have the right to judge you.

"Only God can say who will go to hell, and who won't. "

Exactly!

"This is judging others, and is in direct contradiction with the Bibles teaching. "

Christ said that he is the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh to the father but by him. Christ taught that all other ways are false. Christ was not tollerant. He cannot tollerat sin. That's what makes the differance between you and me. We're both sinners. Neither of us deserve live in the presence of God. We both have earned death by our sins. The thing that makes us differant is that the blood of Christ has washed me clean. You haven't let him. Am I in anyway better than you? No. Do I look down on you? No. It's just that i have trusted and you haven't.

"There is no one on this forum, or on this planet that can say another is going to hell, and then say you are a Cristian, or a God fearing person. "

Ok, take this for example. You are going to die. When, I don't know, but you will die. Does this mean that I will kill you? No. Does this mean that I have decided you will die? No. It simply means that I know that everyone will die.

Here's another statement. You will go to hell if you don't trust in Christ. Did I decide you would go to hell? No. Did I decide that you must trust Christ to escape? No. It's just that I know it to be so. When I say that you wll die, it doesn't mean I have made it so. And when i say you must trust Christ or go to hell, it doesn't mean I have made it so. That's just the way it is.