Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The One Ring Musical
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2002, 01:34 PM   #1
Brimvalir
Elven Warrior

Treebeard on Broadway ???

Is this musical currently on broadway ?? if not where is it playing and how much are tickets ??? is it coming to LA any time soon ??

All that is gold does not glitter nor are all those who wander lost......
Brimvalir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 02:47 AM   #2
hama

On Broadway? No not yet...not in production anywhere. This project is still in development as stated elsewhare on the sight. While we have some interested parties, we have not actually secured a producer. If the show does get produced I am certain LA will be part of the pre or post Broadway tour schedule.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:18 PM   #3
TomFoolOfATook
Hobbit

Treebeard Schedule

As soon as it starts touring - post a schedule of city's and dates on the moot - ty
Pieces of Eight
Treasure filled with emphtiness
dont let it turn your heart to stone
TomFoolOfATook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 12:34 AM   #4
hama

From your mouth to God's ears...or at least the theater gods. Believe me, even if and when we secure a producer and they set up some fancy schmancy website for the show, yours truly, the writer, will never forget the support and kindness of Ben, Darth Tater and the Tolkien Trail community. Tolkien Trail will always be the first and best source of info on the show. That I promise.
Old 05-10-2002, 10:00 AM   #5
Agburanar
Elf Lord

That'd be good. Best be sure it doesn't turn into a One Ring the Musical only site, the rest of the trail must not whither and die!

ROLLING STOCK, WE'RE ROLLING STOCK!!
Agburanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 08:45 PM   #6
hama

Rest assured that Tolkien Trail will never become dominated by The One Ring. There is too much great stuff here for that. Also, Ben controls the content of the site as he should. I really was just offering or promising that the information would be available to Tolkien Trail before it was available anywhere else. I leave it up to the administrators here to do with the information what they will...if it ever comes to pass.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:40 AM   #7
Diaxion
Elven Warrior

Gandalf

I'm a little to worried about it being a musical because making it a musical is not what Tolkien is about. I think it should be a play with some songs, but those songs should just come from the book. It has to stay true to Tolkien.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:00 AM   #8
hama1
Elven Warrior

Diaxon,

I am glad you are worried. Any true Tolien Fan should be. But why should it stay a play with some songs? A musical is much better suited to convey the power and emotion of the work than is a play. As far as the songs coming for the book, I am sorry but Tolkien is a great writer...but lyricyst? He leaves much to be desired. BTW...have you read the script or the synopsis here?
hama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 10:03 PM   #9
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

any more updates on how much closer this play is to being produced anywhere?

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 09:00 PM   #10
hama1
Elven Warrior

I hate to admit that there are no updates. I have been so busy this summer with work and re-working scripts for a local theater company's fall/winter season that I have not had time to really push The One Ring project. Having said that, I have to thank you. Your post has made me realize that I have let too much time pass.
hama1 is offline   Reply With Quote