Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The One Ring Musical
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-15-2001, 10:03 PM   #1
Serena
Hobbit

Musical

I think this is cool! I'd always wondered if they were going to do that. If you need someone who can sing, act, and is a Lord of the Rings fan, than just gimme a yell. (Probably not gonna happen, but, hey, I can dream.)

If possible, could you post actual manuscripts, so I know what the tune is for the songs? Thanks!
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 11:53 PM   #2
hama

Wecome Serena and thank you for your interest. I was actually down in New York the last couple of days talking to some people about singing on the demo recording. Hey, you never know. At the moment I do not have any of the musical transcripts stored on disc so it may be a while before I can post anything. Maybe I can look into scanning some of the lead sheets. However, as we are working on the demo cd (See "some music for this misical") it is my hope that we will be able to post some of the music as MP3 files.
hama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 07:33 PM   #3
Serena
Hobbit

Thanks

Cool. Even if you could post some of the mp3 files, that would help me too -- I could just learn them by ear. I'm really interested in this, and I'm glad to see someone doing a musical of LOTR.
Old 10-20-2001, 02:16 AM   #4
hama

Obviously you read music...do you play...piano? Do you sing as well? What is your voice range? With His Words is a major league big female ballad....
Old 10-26-2001, 05:37 PM   #5
Serena
Hobbit

Singing

Yeah, I sing, and play piano. I actually go to a school for the arts, where I study vocal music. I can sing just about anything, I've got a pretty wide range.

I could give it a try -- but I live in Canada, so I can make no promises on getting to anything.

This is so cool!
Old 10-28-2001, 11:56 PM   #6
hama

Serena,

I think it is so cool that you are so excited about this project. I know people get a little freaked about "direct" contact via the internet. I would be happy to send you some of the lead sheets of the music from the show via "snail mail" if you are interested. Perhaps through a teacher at your school might be appropriate. Let me know if you are interested.

Brad Marston
Old 11-11-2001, 04:43 PM   #7
Serena
Hobbit

That would actually be alright. I think it would be faster if you sent them to me by e-mail, though. (I'm impatient.) Let me know at Sarah_Dawn_A@Yahoo.com

Thanks a lot!
Old 11-13-2001, 12:20 AM   #8
hama

Serena,

I'll have to scan some of the lead sheets onto disc and then send them to you. I'll email you or post here when I have that done.
Old 01-03-2002, 02:40 AM   #9
AngieBaggins
Hobbit

Hi!
Ok, i know i'm probably horrible for trying to get dibs on this, but could you send me some sheet music through the internet as well?? i can't play the piano and i don't go to some sort of arts school but i can dance. I dance jazz and am starting ballet. I'm not sure if i'm a good singer, but people say i'm ok. My friend knows how to play the piano REALLY REALLY GOOD! she can help me and i could send you a tape of me and if you like me i can try to go through my 15th birthday wish. my e-mail is katlady101@hotmail.com
ttyl,
Angie

She looked over the hall way doors, and noticed him there. It was odd, for she had never met anyone like him. And she never expected she would again.
AngieBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 06:55 PM   #10
hama

Okay,

I promise to get sheet music scanned onto disk by 1/15/02 and will e-mail some to Serena and angiebaggins...and anyone else who might be interested. Now what's this anout a 15th birthday wish?

Brad
Old 01-05-2002, 04:18 PM   #11
AngieBaggins
Hobbit

Hi!
OK. I'm latina, so on my 15th birthday, i get whatever i want. Right now, i have a choice of going anywhere on the planet i want to go, a cruise anywhere i want to go, a car, or this really really REALLY huge party. it's called a quinsenieta(sp?). well, if you want anymore info, tata.
Angie

She looked over the hall way doors, and noticed him there. It was odd, for she had never met anyone like him. And she never expected she would again.
Old 01-06-2002, 12:09 AM   #12
hama

Wow,

I'm glad I can be a small part of such a memorable birthday.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:26 AM   #13
AngieBaggins
Hobbit

Hi,
Just wondering, but where are the auditions going to be?? or am i showing you what i got gonna be on tape. hyaw!
Angie

Old 01-07-2002, 03:14 AM   #14
hama

Well audition time and place is perhaps getting a bit ahead of ourselves. The cast for the demo CD is pretty well set with people I have worked with in the past and by Halan Entertainment, the music company that purchased the music rights last spring. However, I will keep you posted.

Brad
Old 01-12-2002, 09:36 PM   #15
halfling1152
Sapling

Nazgul

hey.
i think if most people are adults i could play a hobbit.i'm a good singer.i'd love to do it.
halfling1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 09:39 PM   #16
halfling1152
Sapling

music

get me a sheet of music please.im halfling1152@aol.com thanks!
halfling1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:09 PM   #17
hama

Which would you prefer? With His Words, sung by Eowyn or One More Tomorrow, sung by Aragorn?
Old 01-18-2002, 08:09 PM   #18
Serena
Hobbit

Thanks

I got the music you sent me. I've been running through it -- and I love it!

One question. What is the accompanyment? Is there going to be actual written-out parts for instruments as well as vocals?

A request: Can you let me know when auditions are -- because I might just give i a try

Thanks again!
Old 01-18-2002, 11:50 PM   #19
hama

Serena,

You are welcome. I am so glad you like the music. I was a bit hesitant in sending out the music. I guess it is the curse of the creative class to be insecure about their work. I mean I think it's good but I never assume anyone else will. With His Words is probably my favorite number in the show next to Is There (which I didn't send) but I always question it because I wrote the lyrics in about 45 minutes on a train trip to Boston and the music in about an hour after that. (Boy did I annoy the people sitting around me on that trip.

The accompaniment on the lead sheets I sent you is written for piano. Halan Entertainment is paying for the orchestrations that are being written so they will retain ownership of those and they will probably not be available until the music is published.

As for any future auditions I will definitely keep you posted. I can guarantee that union rules or no, you will be able to audition.

Thanks so much.

Brad
Old 01-28-2002, 04:40 PM   #20
Esmerelda77
Sapling

Okay hama i hope you don't think I'm crazy or anything but I will do ANYTHING to be in this play. It sounds so cool. Too cool to be true!!! Oh I just hope I can be a part in it or something like that

*True story*
Esmerelda77 is offline   Reply With Quote