Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The One Ring Musical
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2002, 11:08 PM   #1
hama

Well not exactly. Of course having the right to make sure some Broadway musicals never got done would be a great thing. Cats, Big The Red Shoes immediately come to mind. As for the power of my option on the rights, if someone else wants to to do a musical of LotR, they have to come to me first and if refuse to match the offer they make, then Tolkien Enterprises is free to sell the rights to them. It is a way of controlling the rights without having to pay the whole cost up front. It is like having an option. I hope to excercize that option before anyone else gets a production put together.