Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The One Ring Musical
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-25-2002, 10:34 PM   #41
hama

Welcome back Serena,

As for Aragorn's comments and the lack of establishment or foundation of Arwen I would suggest that Aragorn could easily say that "I am betrothed to another" and the message would be the same. To my recollection Arwen is not established in LotR or at least her and Aragorn's relationship is not established in LotR outside of the appendecise.

Your point about Saruman is well taken. Obviously I must have taken some of that scene from a draft that still included Isengard. As I mentioned in other threads that is the difficulty in re-writes. You sometimes end up adapting the adaptation and get too far away from the original source material.

I am glad you like what you have read so far and appreciate the comments especially those about Pippin and mentioning Saruman...I will have to re visit that scene and see how I can re-work that.

Have you spent any more time with the music?
Old 02-26-2002, 05:33 PM   #42
Serena
Hobbit

Yeah, I've pretty much learned "With His Words" but I'm still thinking about transposing it -- that low F at the very beginning doesn't sound too good, because it's right on the edge of my range. It's actually kinda hard, because of the range of the peice, but for me, I'm thinking to bring it up a tone, because as long as I warm up, the higher notes wouldn't be a problem. I've also learned "Sail On, My Friend." That one wasn't so bad.

If I can figure out how, I'll send a recording of me singing to you . . . but I'm not sure how yet. l'll let you know on that one.

Serena
Old 02-26-2002, 09:43 PM   #43
hama

With His Words definitely has a wide range. Wow I would love to hear your rendition of it.