Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2003, 12:25 PM   #1
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

V. Day surprise for my friend!

Okay, well it is almost Valentines day, and I have a friend who's in love with Aragorn. I bought some LOTR valentine cards for my friends, and of course, I have to send her one. I would like to send her one of Aragorn, and address it to Arwen (her last name) (her address), and write it from Aragorn. She is currently re-reading The Two Towers, she likes to read each book twice before she starts on the next one, so she hasn't read ROTK yet. Ceeping this in mind, can you help me out by writing Arwen a letter from any sceen in the FOTR or TTT? I would like to surprise her with it. I asked her what she thought that Aragorn might write home to Arwen, if he got a chance, and she said that he would probally write about Helms Deep. Even if you only write one sentince, then that would help, I would like to pute a whole bunch of responsis together to write one long letter, I'm gonna buy some old looking paper to write it on, since the valentine cards are so small. If you don't want me to use what you write in the letter to this friend, then please don't post it.

It'll start:
Dear Arwen,
Helms Deep was a huge battle, it just ended... (she also said that Aragorn would probally focus in on how other people did alot, because he isn't selfish and wouldn't just consintrate on himself, you can add in something like a joke from the book, or whatever you find good. It would also be nice if she could get something like "I miss you sooooooo much...")

Is Arwen's last name Evenstair??? For some reason I think it is!

Thanks!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 12:56 PM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I would suggest Evenstar. Evenstair has a slightly different meaning. Arwen is also called Undomiel.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:06 PM   #3
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Well, any sugestions on what the note should say? I printed out a drawing that someone did of Aragorn, that I'm gonna give to her with the note and everything else!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 01-27-2003, 11:08 PM   #4
WallRocker
Elven Warrior

Evenstair? I think that's the stair that Gandalf runs up in TTT

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><<>< <>< <>< <><

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
And to the Republic for which it stands
One nation
UNDER GOD
with liberty and justice for all
WallRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 07:18 PM   #5
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

That sounds like a really nice suprise for your friend! Sorry though, I don't have any good idea's. Maybe you could write saying things about Lothlorien (because her grandmother lives there so Arwen might be interested).
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 07:47 PM   #6
Legolaslvr!
Super Smilie Freak

Location: In the entmoot army, trying to get rid of black and blue!
Strider

yeah something like that!

The fat hobbit hobbit knows!
Legolaslvr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 07:47 PM   #7
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Sounds good! Would she be in Lothlorien or in Rivendell during The Two Towers? She was in Lothlorien alot, but she was also in Rivendell often. She was probally eather in Rivendell, or it didn't say, any one know? (I might use it somewhere in the letter!)

FRODO LIVES!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:40 PM   #8
Elf Girl
Lurker

Evenstar wasn't really her last name, it was her title. What the Elves called her sonetimes.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 08:42 PM   #9
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Okay! Okay! Can you tell me what to pute in the lettle now please???

FRODO LIVES!
Old 01-31-2003, 05:30 PM   #10
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Strider

My dearest Arwen,
There was a horrible battle yesterday. We fought for the safty and freedom of all the free peoples. (If she likes te movie, you could add, Just before the battle began hundreds of elves showed up out of nowhere, I wanted to send them home, but Legolas would get mad.) Many men died. Gimili almost drowned. But just as our last hope was wavering, Gandalf returned! With him he brough Eomyr and his band of followes. Finally, the battle was over, victory was ours! Do not fret. I am unscathed. I think about you every minute.
~Aragorn

How does that sound? Do you want it to be humorus or authentic?I wish i had a friend like you! Aragorn is my favorite charecter too!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:49 PM   #11
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by eowyngirl14
My dearest Arwen,
There was a horrible battle yesterday. We fought for the safty and freedom of all the free peoples. (If she likes te movie, you could add, Just before the battle began hundreds of elves showed up out of nowhere, I wanted to send them home, but Legolas would get mad.) Many men died. Gimili almost drowned. But just as our last hope was wavering, Gandalf returned! With him he brough Eomyr and his band of followes. Finally, the battle was over, victory was ours! Do not fret. I am unscathed. I think about you every minute.
~Aragorn

How does that sound? Do you want it to be humorus or authentic?I wish i had a friend like you! Aragorn is my favorite charecter too!
Thankyou, I'm glad to know that someone wishes that they were my friend personly! She likes the movie, but I'm pritty sher that she likes the books more, I'll make sher to add as much of what you wrote into the letter as possable!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 02-01-2003, 12:34 PM   #12
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

This is a really good idea!
I'm sorry but i'm really pants at this kinda stuff! If i think of anything i'll post.

I really like what eowyngirl14 wrote! that was good!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 02:42 PM   #13
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by eowyngirl14
But just as our last hope was wavering, Gandalf returned! With him he brough Eomyr and his band of followes.
That did not happen in the book, so if she has read the book it might annoy her. *coughitwouldannoymecough*
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 05:46 PM   #14
Narsil's Master
Elven Warrior

write about rivendell and lothlorian

well your on fire now. go team fencing!!!!

fingolfin rox elven sox
Narsil's Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 06:46 PM   #15
Guardian_of_the_Forest
Enting

Treebeard

I would mention something about "how many ages it seems since he has last seen her"
Guardian_of_the_Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 06:52 PM   #16
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

don't forget to put in some mush-y stuff. Like whenever I see the sun rise or set I think of you . . . .
Old 02-02-2003, 07:11 PM   #17
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Destiny, you must mention destiny.........Elves will forgive almost anything if they think it is the "way".......also, adding regards to her father wouldn't hurt

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:34 PM   #18
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

All right folks, it's the third now, and valentines day is on the 14th (YES! I just earned the award for the stupidest comment of the month!!!), so I would like to get everything in by the 8th !!! I'll write it eather on the 8th or the 9th, and have my mommy send it out the next day, so that she should get it on the 13th or 14th. So, if you have anything for me to add, then PLEASE POST IT SOON! I NEED IT ALL BY THE 14TH!!! Thanks for helping everyone!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 02-03-2003, 06:48 PM   #19
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

My dearest Arwen,
~Aragorn

.... continued...
Arwen, my heart aches for you day by day. I am reminded of your beauty only when I catch glimpse of the sunset. Each day that passes with out you is like an eternity to my soul. I will try to come back to you as soon as possible. After Helms Deep is all taken care of, I will ride to Gondor. There I will write you again.

*read message...* God I'm sappy. I need to get a boyfriend.

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 07:05 PM   #20
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

That was great again! I love to write, but I am afraid that I am not as good at it as some people. The first one would come after the second one though, is it okay if I quote you word-by-word? I might add some stuff- of course, and when I finally talk to her again, I will send all of the credit here, and email her the page. I just want to dubble check first with you.

I could send her to letters, the first one (the second one that eowyngirl14 wrote) be sent out tomorow, I'll rewrite and edit and and repeat what she said ect. tonight, and then tomorow I'll get mommy to send it out, and then I could send her one per day untill the 12th, so that she would get one per day, and on the 14th she would get her last one, I'll just have to agnore her calls and emails untill I'm sertan that she gets all of them, however I can acomplish that. So, perhaps it might be better to start waye back at wher Wormatoug (can't spell) is kicked out. Men! I wish that my brother had never left to joun the army, I need boy hand writing, and there's nobuddy in the house to do it!!!

What do you all think?

P.S., please post tonight what I should pute in the mail tomorow, I NEED HELP!!! I can't think of what to say, I must go back and scan through that part of the books agian, I'm always so eager to get back to my Sammykins, that I alway's rushing over that part of the book!

FRODO LIVES!