Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-13-2005, 05:28 PM   #61
inked
Elf Lord

The wildly popular and erudite Professor Lupin said Sirius was gone and could not come back. He kept Harry from passing the veil. Dead, DEad, DEAd, DEAD is Sirius.

Voldemort has NOT been killed and therefore, Nurv, not resurrected. Re-embodied after a very near-death experience as a "wraith"; faded to minimal life (think LeStat the Vampire as a worm for decades), but not dead.

Sorry. Sirius is NOT coming back. But, there may be communication if being in the OOTP means what I think it does!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #62
azalea
Long lost mooter

And what is that? I didn't see it mentioned, although I haven't read all of every thread.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:34 PM   #63
inked
Elf Lord

azalea,

#50 in this thread

And the mirror that Sirius gave to Harry which got tucked into the trunk and forgotten until after Sirius' death PLUS my comments in the Christian Themes in HP thread.

edit: from roughly #47 forward in that thread
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941

Last edited by inked : 05-13-2005 at 10:54 PM. Reason: post # insertion
Old 06-12-2005, 01:15 PM   #64
Beregond
Hobbit

I'm not sure if anyone has said this because i can't be bothered to read the the whole thread but James didn't come back, it was what harry saw as he passed out. I dont think serius should come back but i think its a possibility becuase his death happened very quickly and rowling didn't make a big deal of it.
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 05:47 AM   #65
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

Location: Some where quite interesting with psychedelic trees
Well as we can see now Sirius was harldy mentioned in a half blood prince,
apart from at the beggining when harry is still coming to terms with his death

I think this would be intresting,
is if at each horcrux he could comunicate with one of the people in his life who have died, so sirius helps him with one horcrux, his mother helps with one, his father helps with one and cedric helps with one and then finally somehow Dumbledore helps him defeat voldemort

only a theory but an intresting one, 5 people in harry's life have died and there are 5 pieces of voldemorts soul left to destroy (including voldemort himself)

I repeat this is only a theory!

And what happened to the rest of your party, killed, eaten, gone home?
Beorn, The Hobbit

Dark and difficult Times lie ahead Harry, soon we must all face a choice, a choice between what is right and what is easy!
Dumbledore

Neo Are you listening to Me? Or are you too busy looking at the Woman in the Red Dress?
Morpheus, The Matrix
King of The Istari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:50 AM   #66
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
The wildly popular and erudite Professor Lupin said Sirius was gone and could not come back. He kept Harry from passing the veil. Dead, DEad, DEAd, DEAD is Sirius.

Voldemort has NOT been killed and therefore, Nurv, not resurrected. Re-embodied after a very near-death experience as a "wraith"; faded to minimal life (think LeStat the Vampire as a worm for decades), but not dead.
Absolutely correct Inked, and I understand this in light of HBP. (HBP spoilers
With all the information about the Horcruxes, now I know what was really going on... well, sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
Sorry. Sirius is NOT coming back. But, there may be communication if being in the OOTP means what I think it does!
I agree.

This post is slightly incoherent at this late hour...
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:27 PM   #67
inked
Elf Lord

Fascinating speculations in this thread that were answered in Deathly Hallows.
What do we think of all our concerns back then now that we have the answers Rowling did give us?

Lizra was spot on about Petunia but not about who told the story, for instance.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #68
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

It's funny to read this thread now, thanks inked!

(and I was right! )

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:40 AM   #69
Fohel
Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Girl
Sirius's death would become just a cheap thrill to scare the readers, since Harry of course wouldn't be emotional anymore if he could still talk to him.
Everyone keeps going on about how it would completely ruin the book if Sirius did come back to life. Yet we all like Lord of the Rings. When I last read the book a certain wizard falls off a bridge and dies fighting a fire demon. He comes back to life again. Surely this isn't just a "cheap thrill."

Rowling has killed off ALL my favourite characters. I know its to make everything harder for Harry but couldn't Sirius and all the other characters just be busy doing other things to fight Voldermort. This would prevent them helping Harry and they wouldn't need to die.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king
Fohel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 11:14 PM   #70
Star
Hobbit

ok people, i know this sounds weird, but what about the talking paintings? Like the fat lady of Gryfindor? MAybe if there is a painting of Sirius somewher in grimhauld place harry could talk to the painting? it's kinda suspicious to me. Of course he can't come back, but a painting makes a little sense.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #71
brakeonthroo

I love Harry Potter!!

Matt J
Old 05-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #72
Fohel
Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star View Post
ok people, i know this sounds weird, but what about the talking paintings? Like the fat lady of Gryfindor? MAybe if there is a painting of Sirius somewher in grimhauld place harry could talk to the painting? it's kinda suspicious to me. Of course he can't come back, but a painting makes a little sense.
Good idea but I doubt that any of family painted a pciture of him. They hated him so much that he ran away from home and they burnt his name off the tapestry. I wish he would come back though.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king
Fohel is offline   Reply With Quote