Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-21-2000, 06:08 AM   #1
IronParrot

Big news! One year left, trailer news, etc.

From FilmForce:
( filmforce.ign.com/news/1802.html )

Quote:
With the historic filming phase of the Lord of the Rings trilogy winding down, the last few hours
have ushered in a flurry of activity!

There are 365 days now left until New Line Cinema's December 19, 2001 release date for the first
installment, The Fellowship of the Ring, and the official countdown has begun. It almost feels like
the multi-year countdown vigilence that Star Wars fans endured not too long ago as they awaited
another long-anticipated cinematic event. Too bad we don't have Lord of the Rings calendars to
hang on our walls (or scan for our computer desktops) to accompany the countdown.

New Line Cinema has also given fans a firm date for the first theatrical trailer release. The magic
date is January 12 (nary a month away), and will be attached exclusively to New Line's upcoming
Cuban Missile Crisis thriller Thirteen Days (starring Kevin Costner).
Old 12-21-2000, 11:00 AM   #2
Michael Martinez

Where to download the trailer

It will most likely be posted at apple.com/trailers/ on January 12, so people who don't want to see the movie should still be able to see the trailer.

I wonder if it will be one of those all night deals like when the Internet preview was made available on April 7?
Old 12-22-2000, 09:00 PM   #3
Grand Admiral Reese

Re: Where to download the trailer

I can't wait for the trailer. Or for the movies, but the trailer is so much closer...I'll probably go completely insane over the next year. Hopefully I'll recover enough to attend the movie.
Old 12-25-2000, 12:32 AM   #4
IronParrot

Re: Where to download the trailer

The thing is, since the trailer will be released that day, the final version of the first teaser poster will probably be out and about too...
Old 12-26-2000, 06:41 PM   #5
Film Hobbit

Re: Big news! One year left, trailer news, etc.

God, why couldn't they attach it to something WITHOUT Kevin "Box Office Poison" Costner. Now I am going to have to pay 7.50 to watch Costner fake a really bad Boston accent to see the LOTR trailer....

The things I do for Tolkien.
Old 12-26-2000, 07:32 PM   #6
Michael Martinez

Film Hobbit, are you unable to view the trailers posted at apple.com?
Old 12-26-2000, 10:41 PM   #7
IronParrot

Hey, I actually survived Wing Commander to watch the TPM trailer... and Thirteen Days can't be worse than that...