Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-28-2004, 07:16 PM   #241
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Another idea I have - which i don't know if it will be granted or not - is to have our own Forum. That way we can have discussions concerning our country and states and have multiple threads - which will prevent this from getting so clugged.

We can have moderators based on the Constuition and elected officials will manage the forum then.

This took off far faster than what I thought. Any thoughts regarding this?
I think we should wait just a bit before turning this into a separate forum. Sure, it has taken off at first... but will we all stay this interested for the long run? Maybe yes, maybe no... but it's hard to say right now.

As for a map, since it is Entmoot, and therefore Middle Earth, which binds us together, I think it would be best (and most fun) to use the Middle Earth map. Or at least try that and see if we can do it without too much dissent. (right now the only contention is between myself and Dunedain over Annuminas - and, off the record, that's all only in good fun! ) We could limit square mileages to something reasonable - maybe 40,000 square miles max. (that's about 102,500 sq. km for metric users - we could even say 100,000 sq km max for all...) We COULD even add a mirror-image of New Jersey appendage to the western edge of the ME map someplace...
Old 01-28-2004, 07:24 PM   #242
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Boooooooooo! We want the snakes
Do it in yer own country!

Quote:
By the way - I need all the people who have created countries today to post who you are. [...]
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ranaland: Prime Minister Eärniel

Quote:
3) It has been suggested several times that we have a map. At first I was thinking about just using the US map, I can be in NJ - jonathan be in NY and we just move westward. I have a feeling this might cause problems with Europeans who will then want to use a European map. Therefore - do you wish to draw up a completely unique map, use the real world map (keeping us all on one continent for the time being), or what?
What about a map of Middle-earth? [EDIT: I see one of the High Kings beat me to it. ]

Otherwise, personally I don't mind whether it's an American or a European map. If we all can't agree on one of those, we can always take Africa.

Quote:
Originally posted by thranduil
as of now I am a United Nations representative, I would like all of the residents of Entmoot Continent to know I will be reporting your activites to the UN as well as making sure there is no bad talking or planning to go against the UN. First I will give a warning and then the second time I see any of that kind of conduct I will report the nation to the UN and let them deal with it as they will.
What? Getting tiranical already? Rather early isn't it?
Old 01-28-2004, 07:30 PM   #243
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
I think we should wait just a bit before turning this into a separate forum. Sure, it has taken off at first... but will we all stay this interested for the long run? Maybe yes, maybe no... but it's hard to say right now.
I think it will have a greater chance of surviving if we do our own forum. Like I said - just because one person may lose interest doesn't mean new users won't be interested or that that other existing memebers will stay interested. The thing is - this thread has become completely unmanageable with a ton of conversations going on at once. SG likes the idea of a seperate forum - so I'm working on it.

Need to address the map issue later.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 07:30 PM   #244
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

If we use Middle Earth which version? Would it be the ME of the LotR's era or would we use the ME of the Sil era?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 07:32 PM   #245
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
If we use Middle Earth which version? Would it be the ME of the LotR's era or would we use the ME of the Sil era?
Has everybody read the Sil? I think that the LotR version is better known.

(Created the Borderlands of Mornar Essiria, Dictator E XK.)

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-28-2004, 07:32 PM   #246
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
I think it will have a greater chance of surviving if we do our own forum. Like I said - just because one person may lose interest doesn't mean new users won't be interested or that that other existing memebers will stay interested. The thing is - this thread has become completely unmanageable with a ton of conversations going on at once. SG likes the idea of a seperate forum - so I'm working on it.

Need to address the map issue later.
Agreed and Agreed. I think we should focus first on seeing if our own forum is a viable thing, then from there create a map...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 07:35 PM   #247
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
Has everybody read the Sil? I think that the LotR version is better known.
But the map in the Sil is much bigger with greater areas to have, and could probably lead to less disputes. If we use the LotR ME map it could be too small, unless people want to use Mordor and the Hither Lands

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 07:42 PM   #248
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
But the map in the Sil is much bigger with greater areas to have, and could probably lead to less disputes. If we use the LotR ME map it could be too small, unless people want to use Mordor and the Hither Lands
Well I created a psychotic country, so wouldn't mind using Mordor. The name even has Mor in it. But I do see your point. Democratically, everyone should vote!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-28-2004, 07:52 PM   #249
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I think we should leave the "area where your country is situated" stuff to being not concrete. We already have a dispute of the title of High King, why have two people go to war over Gondor at the same time? I think it complicates things needlessly.

As for the UN, I'm not sure what your role in it is Thranduil. Why would you report our statistics? I don't have anything to do with the UN, I don't see why my country matters to them. The rights and freedoms of my people are protected - I don't want my country to be fiddled with by an organization that I don't believe in, because I don't think they're concerned for the well-being of my citizens.

About your announcement JD, I think we should open as many threads as we need in this forum to conduct business properly. We could open a new thread solely for discussing the Constitution. (A note on the Constitution; I think it will be very difficult. Some countries have completely opposite philosophies. Who's to say the a dictator is wrong and a democracy is right, or vice versa? They would both have trouble abiding by the same constitution. However, maybe not everyone needs to be a part of it if they find themselves in the minority.)

Lastly, this thread would be a lot less cluttered if people consolidated their one-liner spammish posts into a longer post. (I'm not accusing anyone, we've all done that about 20 times.)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 01-28-2004 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:10 PM   #250
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
I think we should leave the "area where your country is situated" stuff to being not concrete. We already have a dispute of the title of High King, why have two people go to war over Gondor at the same time? I think it complicates things needlessly.
I support waiting until we get further along - like Dunedain said.
Quote:

About your announcement JD, I think we should open as many threads as we need in this forum to conduct business properly. We could open a new thread solely for discussing the Constitution. (A note on the Constitution; I think it will be very difficult. Some countries have completely opposite philosophies. Who's to say the a dictator is wrong and a democracy is right, or vice versa? They would both have trouble abiding by the same constitution. However, maybe not everyone needs to be a part of it if they find themselves in the minority.)
I had talked to SGH about that - but I didn't want to clog general messages or the other forums with Nation States threads. If we had our own forum - we can then vote in our own moderators and conduct business in there. I have ideas I presented to SGH.

Everyone be patient though - SGH said it may take a couple of days to make a decision on whether we get our own forum. She's going to work on it and she thinks it's a really good idea. Look at the One Ring Musical thread - completely useless.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-28-2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:15 PM   #251
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Good points JD, it could even be inset into the General Messages forum like the Silmarillion Project one is.

I have two annoying problems with NationState. The important one is that I've set my decisions to two issues a day and I'm still only getting one.
The not a big deal is I can't change my custom flag.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-28-2004, 08:16 PM   #252
Elf Girl
Lurker

It will change to two issues per day after midnight.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:29 PM   #253
jerseydevil

I sent the request for the Forum to SGH - she's going to post it in the Moderator forum.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 10:02 PM   #254
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Good points JD, it could even be inset into the General Messages forum like the Silmarillion Project one is.

I have two annoying problems with NationState. The important one is that I've set my decisions to two issues a day and I'm still only getting one.
The not a big deal is I can't change my custom flag.
Yeah I have/had the same problem. I switched to 2 issues per day yesterday and it still hasn't updated. It also took me forever to find a file that worked. May I suggest using a .gif image as they are typically smaller. I know it says to use .jpeg images, but it accepted my .gif file

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 10:37 PM   #255
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

is everyone in our continent from entmoot?cuz i just added a whole bunch of people to my dossier and i didnt know who half of them were
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:40 PM   #256
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Nazgul

cool! i didn't know you could do that until i read dunedain's post; but what do they mean by "not flag-like" or whatever? does that really matter, or are they just saying that to deter people from using weird flags?

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.

Last edited by Lady Ravyn : 01-28-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:43 PM   #257
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
is everyone in our continent from entmoot?cuz i just added a whole bunch of people to my dossier and i didnt know who half of them were
Yes - everyone is from Entmoot or at least should be. We have the password there to keep non-mooters out.

Not all the countries are obvious as to who the mooters are and I haven't updated the list yet with the new countries.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 10:46 PM   #258
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

oooh. did you see my flag?
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:48 PM   #259
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ravyn
cool! i didn't know you could do that until i read dunedain's post; but what do they mean by "not flag-like" or whatever? does that really matter, or are they just saying that to deter people from using weird flags?
I think they are just saying that...and i'm glad that I helped you

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 10:57 PM   #260
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
oooh. did you see my flag?
Yes - I saw your flag. Very interesting.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide