Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2002, 10:22 PM   #1
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Tolkien Lovers Anonymous

All right: I’ve wanted to start this RPG for a while and I’ve finally gotten around to it. It’s about a meeting for Tolkien fans to try to bring their Tolkien obsession under control. Our poor Counselor is in for it though . . . because these fans, unlike her, know that there’s no such thing as really liking Tolkien too much. They’ve only come to talk about the books and movie, and complain about Arwen. Hee hee. Well, anyways, join in . . . as yourself or as another character. We love lots of members! Oh yes, and I fully expect craziness to ensue, so you may be as crazy as you wish.

It is morning, and the counselor for Tolkien Obsessees is rummaging through her papers and drinking her morning coffee.

Counselor: *sighs * Oh, dear. Look at the time already, and that new help group is starting at 9:00. Oh, how I almost wish I’d never volunteered to coach this batch . . . *flips through some papers * Let’s see . . . Tolkien Lovers Anonymous. Well, it’s an okay name, I guess. *yawns * I had better be getting to work soon, though, or I’ll be late for the first meeting. Oh, well . . . *gets stuff together and walks out the door to her car*

Later . . .

Counselor: *at desk in meeting place for TLA* Right . . . there’s the last of everything. The fans should be arriving soon . . . *sighs, then a knock is heard at the door* Come in!
Person walking in the door: Hello. Is this Tolkien Lovers Anonymous? My name’s Laurelyn.
Counselor: *sighs, and thinks: Oh no, not another one with a Tolkienized name.* Hello, Laurelyn, and you may take a seat. You’re early, so we’ll have to wait for everyone else.
Laurelyn: Okay. I supposed being early was better than being late. But don’t count on my being early again. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime deal, or something like it. *Giggles* I’m always late for things. Wait, no . . . I’m never late, scratch that. I always arrive precisely when I mean to.
Counselor: *sighs again* Well, we appreciate the once-in-a-lifetime event, Laurelyn. *doesn’t get the reference to LotR, as she is a very strange being and hasn’t read or seen LotR.*
Laurelyn: Oh, that’s fine, glad to occasionally change my ways. *Another knock at the door* Oh, there’s someone! I wonder who that could be? Frodo Baggins, maybe? *looks hopeful *
Counselor: *muttering* Oh, agreeing to host this meeting and try to counsel these Tolkien fans was a BIG mistake . . .

So here’s somebody’s cue to enter!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka

Last edited by Laurelyn : 03-03-2002 at 12:05 PM.