Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 04:38 PM   #201
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Quote:
the americans around here, are fat stupid lazy and worthless. all they want is drugs sex and money.
Thats just bad reasoning, you can't say that all the Americans in your area are slobs (including you, if you say you are an American like them), I doubt you know all the people in your area.

Quote:
i don't like america. i don't want to be here. i want to belong to something that isn't the loud harsh macdonalds capitol of everywhere.
i don't like mc donalds. they make me mad.
Why is it Americas fault that McDonalds was created there?

Quote:
or maybe ireland. but hey, theyve got thier problems.
What problems does Ireland and Canada have?
Old 07-29-2002, 04:58 PM   #202
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan

No, I love it here... That's because I can make fun of our vacuous social culture without being imprisoned.

SUVs should definitely be taxed extra. What a public nuisance! They are dangerous to other drivers in all situations. I'm thinking of starting a custom mud spraying shop so that SUVs can look like they have actually been off-road.
Well there was an argument here recently concerning SUVs - or maybe someone just pointing out the hypocracy in a letter to the paper. It was pointed out that according to emition standards - SUVS are considered trucks - therefore they don't follow the gas mileage requirements that cars do - yet they don't pay truck tolls on the Turnpike and Parkway - they pay the car rate.

They're either a truck or a car - they're not both.

I do agree they are a public nuisance - and I give any of my friends a hard time who either own one or is thinking of buying one.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 07-29-2002, 05:09 PM   #203
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy

Thats just bad reasoning, you can't say that all the Americans in your area are slobs (including you, if you say you are an American like them), I doubt you know all the people in your area.

Why is it Americas fault that McDonalds was created there?

What problems does Ireland and Canada have?
The northern ireland religion clashes.

for all you pippin's out there.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:21 PM   #204
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Can we start a mud fight now, ooh, ooh, can we, huh, huh, huh? Geez, JD stop taking everything literally and personally. Just cos someone doesn't like McDs or SUVs doesn't mean that you need to personally respond to EVERY SINGLE ONE. Eh. And people, if you're gonna attack America, at least whine about something worthwhile, ie, not obesity and McDonalds.

*Pulls out dynamite, lights said dynamite*

Now the Kyoto treaty, or the cut funding to the family planning on the other hand....
Old 07-29-2002, 05:30 PM   #205
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Can we start a mud fight now, ooh, ooh, can we, huh, huh, huh? Geez, JD stop taking everything literally and personally. Just cos someone doesn't like McDs or SUVs doesn't mean that you need to personally respond to EVERY SINGLE ONE. Eh. And people, if you're gonna attack America, at least whine about something worthwhile, ie, not obesity and McDonalds.

*Pulls out dynamite, lights said dynamite*

Now the Kyoto treaty, or the cut funding to the family planning on the other hand....
I'm going to resond when I want to respond - don't read them if you don't want to. And I don't like McDonalds - not because of the lame reasons that are usually pointed out - just that I don't like their food. And if you read my posts - you'd know that I hate SUVs too.

Also we already talked about the Kyoto treay and the Family Planning thing - neither of which are in America's best interest. The money that was going to the family planning has gone to other US sponsored internation family planning benefits. So it's still going to a lot of people in Africa that need it - my tax money just isn't going through the UN to get there.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 07-29-2002 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:06 PM   #206
Sween
im quite stupid

I also love mac donalds allthough my waist line and gf wish i didnt so much, my heart will probably also have a complaint in a few years time. Big mac are fantastic.

I kinda understand jersey devil he is just a proud american. Nowt wrong with defending your country at all. shame his countrys so lame (hmmmm lets see what responce that gets).

we who live in civilised countries can rise above simple arguments of course
Old 07-29-2002, 07:57 PM   #207
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

i would like to apologise for being rude and offfensive, even if the offended are nitpickety, i still apologise.
last night was weird, i got some very bad news, got in a couple of fights(verbally), was made fun of and kicked around (literally) and was basically having a rough day. i was mad. and i let it carry over to the moot, where my problems have no stage. im sorry. my fault, i deleted what i wrote because i didn't think before i wrote it.
thank you for understanding.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:47 PM   #208
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

This thread can only further ill feelings on the part of some American posters and it is our intention as staff to see that the board runs smoothly and all members are kept happy. This thread has the potential to be disruptive and offensive. Therefore, in the best interest of the board and its members, I am closing it.
Closed Thread