Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-24-2004, 11:32 PM   #1
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Strider Interested in the History of Middle Earth series?

If so, you have to check out this site I found I know it will help me buy the books I want. I recently got the first 5 volumes of the HoME series. I have always said I am going to read them in order through the 12 volumes, but I don't think that is going to happen, lol. I am going to definitely jump around, because this website I found breaks down each book and lets you know what stories are in which book and with a brief description of each. Recently, I've come across a number of articles on ME and other works I've read of Tolkien and things of that nature where I've been so fascinated by certain people and stories. Once I break into my HoME series, I will most likely read the Fall of Gondolin first, because Tuor rules Then I am going to go out and get volume 12 of the series, Peoples of Middle Earth. Anyway, if you are looking into getting the HoME series, check out this site first, it will help you pick the books you want to start with

http://www.forodrim.org/daeron/md_hm.html
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:09 AM   #2
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Its a cool little site man

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:03 AM   #3
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Oh, I've had that link in 'Favourites' for a year and still I've never visited it
[edit] Just noticed that the Tolkien society that has compiled the list is Swedish. Go them.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 05-05-2004 at 08:30 AM.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote