Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2002, 12:08 AM   #21
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 12:18 AM   #22
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Let me clarify as it seems onlt bropous got the idea?

Since this a movie thread how would LOTR be if the FRENCH did the film so far

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a comic aside, if the Lord of the Rings were French, Aragorn would have sold Frodo out to Sauron for cheap and delivered the Ring to Barad-Dur himself along with the surrender papers for Gondor.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there would also be needless nude scences

Humm maybe the French should LOTR

any other takers?

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 12:27 AM   #23
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

If the French did Lotr . . .

Gerard Depardieu would play at least half the characters.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 12:44 AM   #24
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

The Elves would play accordions.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 12:46 AM   #25
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

The Mouth of Sauron would have an outrrrrrrrrrrraageous accent.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

Old 03-17-2002, 02:21 AM   #26
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
Yeah, accents are hard to do. (Ano and año are two very different thing...trust me, don't say Yo tengo catorce (or whatever) anos...hehehe)
a fellow spanish student of mine in seventh grade went around saying that on purpose...it was quite aggravating.
"Sauron, why are you evil?"
"Lo siento...pero no hay nada que puedo hacer!"
Heh. My fav. Spanish phrase.
Have fun in Espana! And Florida! I'll be going to Florida con Eruviel. ( that sounds weird...)
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 02:30 AM   #27
Varda-Me
Hobbit

If it were French, Pippin (or was it Merry?) wouldn't go back to the bar at the Prancing Pony for a pint - he'd ask for a glass of vintage Merlot. Hmmm. Doesn't seem quite right.....
Varda-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 03:31 AM   #28
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by FrodoFriend
The Mouth of Sauron would have an outrrrrrrrrrrraageous accent.
LOL. He would indeed.

Yes, Tano, that did sound a little wierd. . .Florida in about three weeks! I'm so excited!

No, Varda-me, Pippin asking for merlot does not sound quite right. . .not right at all.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 01:36 PM   #29
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

'He it was that now rode out, and with him came only a mall company of black-harnessed soldiery, and a single banner, black but bearing upon it in red the Evil eye. Now halting a few paces before the captains of the West he looked them up and down and laughed.

"What are you doing in Mordor?" demanded Aragorn.

The Mouth of Sauron sneered malevolently and replied in an outrageous French accent. "Mind yer own business!"

Aragorn bristled. "Go and tell your master that if he does not give up the ring, we will take his tower by force!"

The Mouth of Sauron leaned forward in his saddle. "You don't frighten us, Gondorian pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person. I blow ma nose at you, so-called 'Aragorn King', you and all yer silly Gondorian kaaaaannnnnighets!" Then he blew an evil and long raspberry, slapping his helmet with his greaves, malice in his every move.

Aragorn looked nervously at Gandalf the White. "What a strange person!" He turned to the black rider. "Now look here, my good man...."

"I don' wan' talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food-trough wipers!" the Mouth of Sauron screamed. "I **** in yer general direction. Yer mother was a hamster, and yer father smelt.....of elderberries!"

Aragorn rolled his eyes and whistled cuckoo clock noises, circling his temple with an extended forefinger. He returned the Mouth of Sauron's evil gaze. "Is there someone else we can talk to?"

"No." The Mouth of sauron continued mockingly, "Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time....".

Aragorn brushed a tear from his eye and turned his horse for home. Maybe Bree was hiring Rangers these days....
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 05:40 PM   #30
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

LOL! French Monty Python LotR! It never fails!

Old 03-17-2002, 07:54 PM   #31
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Ou, m'ami, comment dit-on en francais:

"Si vous êtes celibate en Arabie Saoudite....cherche a chèvre amicable."

Baaaa.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.

Last edited by bropous : 03-17-2002 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2002, 08:07 PM   #32
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Un belier pour moi, merci. Un qui n'est pas trop anciens ou malade!

Old 03-17-2002, 09:04 PM   #33
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Good call on the gender of the ungulant involved, FrodoFriend! Actually, the quote about the "friendly goat in Saudi Arabia" was meant for afro-elf....LOL!!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 12:25 AM   #34
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Oh, I'm terribly sorry! I've been stealing afro-elf's goats. Sorry, the french in my signature is similar to what you wrote, so I thought it was meant for me.

Old 03-18-2002, 11:23 AM   #35
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Nah, just bring 'em back and we'll call it even.

Actually it was a French play on your French signature, so the confusion is my fault. <bows> Mes apologies, mademoiselle!
Old 03-18-2002, 02:33 PM   #36
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Not only am I accused of bestiality, I am accused of homosexual bestiality. And to add insult to injury you say it in French

FF you can take all the goats you want but leave the EWES to me.

cant get enough of smelly shaggy haired females on all four

just kid ding

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 01:56 AM   #37
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Do you want the lambs too? 'Cause I rather like them.

Old 03-19-2002, 02:30 AM   #38
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

You people are nuts

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 05:42 PM   #39
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

Well I bought Les Seigneur des Anneaux: La Communauté de L'Anneau (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring) at Princeton University bookstore today.

If anyone has any questions on the French version - I'll try to answer them. Although I can't "speak" French and I can only read basic French. I was hoping they'd have the Italian version - but they only had French that I saw.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-25-2002 at 05:44 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 06:24 PM   #40
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

I'll try to compile a list of character and place names if anyone is interested.

Bilbo Baggins - Bilbon Sacquet
Bag End - Cul-de-Sac
Frodo Baggins - Frodon Sacquet
Hobbiton - Hobbitebourg
Merry Brandybuck - Merry Brandebouc
One Ring - l'Anneau Unique
Peregrin Took - Peregrïn Touque
Samwise Gamgee - Samsagace Gamegie
Strider - Grands-Pas
Rivendell - Fondcombe
Lonely Mountain - Montagne Solitaire

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. -
Un Anneau pour les gouverner tous. Un Anneau pour trouver,
Un Anneau pour les amener tous et dans les ténèbres les lier.

By the way - on my French copy - Frodo looks like a werewolf. It looks like he has a short-cropped beard and mustache. If you've seen the classic Lou Chaney's Wolf Man - then you know exactly what the picture looks like.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-25-2002 at 06:35 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote