Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2005, 09:35 PM   #12
Adonai Dragonwagon
Hobbit

Location: If you ever want to find me, look in the clouds. I'll probably be there.
I've only heard the houses of healing song once, but you're right, it's very lovely. Almost haunting.

I also like the Rohan music, especially in the ROTK, where they've got the solo violin, and the whole orchestra playing counterpoint to its melody... actually, I think it's the other way around. The orchestra is girding for battle, getting ready for war, and the violin is hovering over the top, singing about the futility of the war, but giving encouragement and calming people down at the same time. It's neat.