Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books > LOTR Discussion Project
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-28-2007, 12:47 AM   #1
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

LOTR Discussion Project: Wrap Party

Well... this is LONG overdue, but this thread is for a celebration of the completion of our Great LOTR Discussion Project! I finally remembered to move the last thread and the Project thread itself into the subfolder. There, others may still add to the contents, and make use of what was already written by so many.

The Wrap Party may now commence. Please check in and say a few words - especially if you contributed to the project, or even if you just enjoyed it!

And a great big THREE CHEERS for Azalea for getting the whole thing started!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Gandalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Well... this is LONG overdue, but this thread is for a celebration of the completion of our Great LOTR Discussion Project! I finally remembered to move the last thread and the Project thread itself into the subfolder. There, others may still add to the contents, and make use of what was already written by so many.

The Wrap Party may now commence. Please check in and say a few words - especially if you contributed to the project, or even if you just enjoyed it!

And a great big THREE CHEERS for Azalea for getting the whole thing started!
I think it was amazing to read the many thoughtful comments that people had about the book throughout the entire discussion project.

I have read LOTR with my own perspective and have formed my own opinions about the story. Other people have brought their perspective of LOTR to light. I have looked at some characters and parts of the story in a new light.

When I agreed to write a chapter for discussion (The White Rider), it caused me to carefully read the chapter and try to consider how a new reader might read this chapter. I attempted to think about the questions and thoughts that may come to a new readers mind.

It was a fun process for me. I would have liked to have the opportunity to do a second chapter, but work and time were not on my side.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
Olmer
Elf Lord

Cheers for everyone who contributed their time and thoughts in this project!
It was fun to find out how different a perception of the story can be, also it was informative, thanks for dedicated people who know all Tolkien's work by heart . I would skip a lot of important details of the story, if it wouldn't be pointed out by a scrupulous researcher of the chapter.
All in all it is a very well done work!
A good reason to have a party!!
Olmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Darn, this is a woeful reminder that I still have to go through the last few chapters. I'm probably not allowed on the party until I catch up.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:14 AM   #5
Landroval
Elven Warrior

I join the previous posters in congratulating everyone who has participated in the project. It was fun and informative
Landroval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:30 AM   #6
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmer
Hear hear!

Thanks to everyone whose views and perspectives further increased my enjoyment of the books.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

*runs in* alright, about the books, i think-....*crickets chirp*...a tad late, then, i suppose...
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:00 PM   #8
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Cheers all!

I didn't contribute half as much or half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of what I did, half as much as you deserve.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Nice one, BJ.

I suppose this might be the right place to say, soooo will there be a Hobbit Chapter discussion as well?

Last edited by Earniel : 08-01-2007 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Thou shall place the comma correctly, dammit.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 PM   #10
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*doffs party hat*

any one fancy a dance?

respect to Azalea and Val for this notable achievement.

is it to be bound in a hard red leather covering, do we know?

Now, most wrap parties i ever went to, tended to be rather ... um, loose affairs -

Earniel requested that BJ be the stripper..

heh - to the originator, and those that ran it, and all those that contributed - my personal thanks - it was a noble project and oft-times very interesting.

best all, BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-31-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #11
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Despite the fact that I didn't post so much in the discussion, aside from my chapters, I really enjoyed reading everyone's opinions and interpretations.

It was very enlightening.