Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2003, 10:06 PM   #1
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

dementors

what do you think they will look like in the third film. i sort of think they will look like the ancient egyptian god that looks like a dog but stronger.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 11:49 PM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

What, Anubis? Judging from the book's description, I don't think that's what Rowling had in mind... I always pictured them to look not unlike the Nazgul, though the similarities end there.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 12:53 AM   #3
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

yeah i thought of them as nazguls and anubis mixed. like a dog with a hood. haven't read the book in awhile but thats what i always thought of them as..
I AM CANADIAN

Old 04-29-2003, 01:12 AM   #4
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Well, it's true that it would fit the image of the "Dementor's Kiss" quite well, in a way...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 02:46 PM   #5
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I think they are going to look scary! hopefully they will i mean you don't want friendly looking dementors.
I picture them as looking very much like the Nazgul with differences though.
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 03:38 PM   #6
Elf Girl
Lurker

Basically all we could see of them were black cloaks and a slimy hand. However I saw cheat shots from the movie and we can see their faces, which is a shame.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 03:09 PM   #7
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Nooooooooo we aren't ment to see their faces! Well at the end but their cloaks are meant to cover their faces completely!!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 03:12 PM   #8
Aragorn_of_the_west
Enting

thata really a shame!

i thought that the(almost) best shots were goung to be of the Dementors- but if they dont look good- its going to ruin the shots...

Copy and past the URL and press continue:
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=437705
Aragorn_of_the_west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 04:50 PM   #9
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
i always pictured them as Nazgul.....but when they go in for the kiss....those big wax lips pop out....like the ones you get for Valentines day or you wear on Halloween....yeah....I'm screwed up.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:12 PM   #10
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
Basically all we could see of them were black cloaks and a slimy hand. However I saw cheat shots from the movie and we can see their faces, which is a shame.
where did you see these shots i want to see em'
I AM CANADIAN

Old 05-02-2003, 06:32 PM   #11
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

I always thought of them as those monks who slap their faces with boards in Monty Python and the Holy Grail

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #12
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimli7410
what do you think they will look like in the third film. i sort of think they will look like the ancient egyptian god that looks like a dog but stronger.
They look like zombie ringwraiths.
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote