Enting

where do guys find all this fanfic?ive liken never even heard of it

Ah caught you smiling at me, That's the way it should be,
Like a leaf is to a tree, so fine.
Ah all the good times we had, I sang love songs so glad
Always smiling, never sad, so fine.
As we walk down the country lanes, I'll be singing a song,
Hear me calling your name.
Hear the wind within the trees, Telling Mother Nature 'bout you and me.

"Yeah.And Grizzly Adams had a beard."

'Grizzly Adams did have a beard."
The Lady of the Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 07:45 PM   #22
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Fanfiction.net is a favorite, my two favs onn that one currently are Trading Spaces Trust me when I say it hilarious. So is this one.

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?s...9090&chapter=1 Phoniex Rising (love that one)

http://fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=876610&chapter=1 seamus is Seamus and You are yourself one of the many "what happens if harry is gorgeous and doesn't realize thats why half the school is following him around

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=322277 slightly crazy

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?s...6995&chapter=1 The mirror of Maybe

If you're on Fictionalley.org (thats snoogle.com, the astronomytower.org, thedarkarts.org, and riddickulus.org) I would recomment any of Cassandra Claire's fics Ryhnsenn's or Fyre's. i also love Legacy of the light which is a harrry Potter/Dark is Rising (by Susan Cooper) crossover.

These are some of my fav non nc-17 ones but as to finding fanfiction, aol has an entire category set aside for harry potter fanfiction.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 06:35 AM   #23
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Cassandra Claire is a freakin' genius ... why don't we have people who write that kind of fanfic for LotR?

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 10:32 AM   #24
Daughter of Elros

One of the best fanfiction archives on the net is http://www.schnoogle.com
(I think better than ff.net beacuse the fics are better edited.) If you're a beginning fanfic reader, you should read Cassandra (Cassie) Claire's fanfics- the Draco Trilogy- Draco Dormiens, Draco Sinister, and Draco Veritas first- they're possibly the best out there. If you're into slash, I'll post some links as well- will make another post right after this containing links, okay?

-DoE
Daughter of Elros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 10:46 AM   #25
Daughter of Elros

Archives
fanfiction.net

http://schnoogle.com/

(go to authors, the Draco Trilogy is nder Cassandra Claire)

Anotehr good het fic on here is

"Draco Malfoy, The Amazing, Bouncing...Rat?" which is under Maya

Slash (yummy)

on Schnoogle:

Snitch, by Al

The Marks We Bear, and Circles Of Influence (Seqel to MWB), by Marysia

Irresistable Poisin, by Rhysenn (one of the originals, I think)

Unthinkable Thoughts, Aidan Lynch

I also kinda like

Beneath You, by Cinnamon

( Again, these are all on Schnoogle)

On fanfiction.net, a good one is

The Mirror Of Maybe, by Midnight Blue

Other cool sites include

Walking the Plank, which is Harry/ Snape

http://remembrall.slashcity.net/~telanu/plank/

and The Double Cross 9many pairings, mostly Sirius/Semus, I think. Link is

http://www.smeg.ws/rpg/

well, enjoy!

-DoE
Old 03-26-2003, 04:46 PM   #26
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Quote:
Originally posted by FrodoFriend
Cassandra Claire is a freakin' genius ... why don't we have people who write that kind of fanfic for LotR?
Because the characters are too complicated
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 03-26-2003, 05:04 PM   #27
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I finally submitted my ficlet to TheDarkArts, on FictionAlley Park. It won't be up for a few more days, but it's titled Scattered Leaves. Note: Character death. It's also my first ever fic, so if you r/r, don't be too harsh!

There's another slash webpage that I love, can't quite remember the link...post it when I'm on my home computer. It's got LotR AND Harry Potter slash on it.

DoE neglected to mention Telanu's homepage, off of which there is a link to Walking the Plank (which she did post):

http://remembrall.slashcity.net/~telanu/home.htm

Then there's the Severus Snape Fuh-Q Fest, for us Sevvy lovers:

http://www.sockiipress.org/~luthien/...f/archive.html

Here's a good page of slash links:

http://www12.brinkster.com/jellyslug/links.html

Enjoy!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 05:08 PM   #28
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Oh, and my all-time favorite ships:

Harry/Draco
Harry/Snape (but only 6th year Harry or above; that's why I love the Mirror of Maybe by Midnight Blue)
Fred/George
Draco/Lucius
Sirius/Lupin
Seamus/Sirius (See the Double Cross - chapter titles are hilarious!)
Hermione/Blaise (Female Blaise, if you please...)

Has anyone decided whether Blaise Zabini (a Slytherin of Harry's year) is male or female?

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 03-27-2003, 08:44 PM   #29
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

"Ooh - I know!"

Before either of the elder sisters could stop Adelina, she was waving her arms about in a spiral shape, a strange gold glow coming from her tiny hands. The small dots of light spread over Harry, and then there was a bang, and smoke billowed through the room.

"What," Ellie coughed, "have you done?"

"Look! It’s such a great idea - and neither of you thought of it!"

The smoke slowly cleared, and Ellie and Eugina cautiously looked onto the floor, to find a small black panther spread out , looking cautiously at its own paws.

"Oh, Addie, you didn’t!"

The panther looked at them with its green eyes, and stood slowly, limping on one of its legs.

"She bloody well did!"

"ADDIE! He can’t take the antidote like this either! What were you thinking?!"

"Well, animals aren’t like humans - the Dementors don’t affect them as much - look he’s fine."

"All very good, but let me ask you one small, tiny little detail."

"What?"

"Can you talk to panthers?"

"No."

"Can we talk to panthers?"

"No."

"Can panthers drink out of vials?"

"Ohhh - no."

"Exactly, so change him back."

"Right. Well, there’s one small problem with that."

"What?"

"I don’t know how."

"WHAT?!"

"Well I didn’t think that far ahead, I just thought it would make Harry feel better. Its a sort of animagus spell, but without the potion. I found it in a book, but the person has to say the words to change into and out of animal form once the initial spell takes place, and I can‘t remember them."

"So let me get this straight," Ellie said, trying hard to stay calm. "You have turned The Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, The single most famous child in the wizarding world, the Light side’s last hope, into a non communicative panther?! And you have no idea how to turn him back?!"

"Er - yes?"

And When the Dawn Begins by rufus (on fanfiction.net) I think Blaise is a girl, its the kind of name that would get a slytherin laughed at. You could always ask J/K/ Rowling herself on one of her online chats on scholastic kids...

Old 03-28-2003, 04:17 AM   #30
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Daughter of Elros
On another note- i don't have any problems with Slash- though femmeslash for HP just doesn't work. I only read HP m/m. favorite pairings- harry/Snape, Harry/Draco, Sirius/Seamus, Snape/anybody. "Course, I also like het. (m/f)
-DoE
Femmeslash does work! I've read some great Hermione/Ginny and Ginny/Cho stories, some of which were actually somewhat plausible. I mean, just as much as, say, Ron/Harry, neh?

As for "contamination," well, since I mostly read slash anyway, I'll just happily point out any imagined undertones of slash in the books. . .*evil smily of doom goes here*

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:36 AM   #31
Daughter of Elros

Quote:
Femmeslash does work! I've read some great Hermione/Ginny and Ginny/Cho stories, some of which were actually somewhat plausible. I mean, just as much as, say, Ron/Harry, neh?
GAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Have to gouge eyes out now!!!! Ron/Harry? nononononononononononononono and NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Just...wrong. is like, gah. TC- you could probably figure out what I'm thinking, since harry and Ron are almost as close as brothers, y'know? yeah. no. You want Ron/Giant squid, fine, but ron/harry just doesn't work. On the other hand...

Originally posted by TinuvielChild:
Quote:
Oh, and my all-time favorite ships:

Harry/Draco
Harry/Snape (but only 6th year Harry or above; that's why I love the Mirror of Maybe by Midnight Blue)
Fred/George
Draco/Lucius
Sirius/Lupin
Seamus/Sirius (See the Double Cross - chapter titles are hilarious!)
Hermione/Blaise (Female Blaise, if you please...)

Has anyone decided whether Blaise Zabini (a Slytherin of Harry's year) is male or female?
Draco/Lucius- want the shirt!!!!!!!!! Is a teeshirt witha picture of Draco, then of Lucius, with the caption "Keep it in the family" Love it!

Fred/George- Twincest actually works really well with them!

anyone else have favorite pairings?

-DoE
Old 03-28-2003, 01:54 PM   #32
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I'm not a fan of incest fics, though I did see a great Draco/Lucius picture.

Fave. ships:

Draco/Harry
Harry/Snape
Harry/Lucius
James/Lucius

Quote:
Never read any femmeslash, but H/R...no no no...I don't like Ron. Harry belongs with Draco, you know that EG Not to...er start a ship war or anything.

A good James/Lucius one is 'Like the Finest Gold', by Cedar. I'm too lazy to link right now, but will come back later with some more things I love, most of which you probably won't have read.

Oh, and also, Love Under Will by Aja rules. (Draco/Harry.) So go read it!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 07:49 PM   #33
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Draco/harry
Harry/Snape
Lupin/snape
Black/Snape
Black/Lupin

For some reason H/Hr makes me want to scream...

Old 03-28-2003, 09:22 PM   #34
TinuvielChild
Padawan

The one, the only non-slash pairing that I like:

Harry/Ginny!

You'll understand once you read this. Mm....Not slash, but it includes much taunting of Moldiemort, and a naked Quidditch match. In the same ballpark of hilarity as Draco Malfoy, the Amazing, Bouncing...Rat? Enjoy.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 03-30-2003, 03:04 PM   #35
TinuvielChild
Padawan

My ficlet is up! Here's a link:

Scattered Leaves Don't forget to R/R! It's my first ficcy ever, so don't flame me too much? Please?

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 07-05-2003, 11:21 AM   #36
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by TolkienGurl
I suggest reading the Draco trilogy by Cassandra Claire on Fiction Alley.
Heh. That is such a fun, fun Harry Potter fanfic story. The second part to it, Draco Sinister, is by far the best part. After that, in some ways it goes slightly downhill.

I can't stand most fanfiction because it derives so far from the original character's personalities. Occasionally you find people who can write the original characters or add on to them in believable ways. The worst someone could do is write Dumbledore the wrong way... *shudders*

I'm a huge fan of realistically written Draco/Hermione fics. Most people just cannot do these two right, though, so it's hard to find good ones. But two stories I can recommend (if you like the pairing) is Their Room by Aleximoon and The Play's The Thing by Shakespearechick. Both authors take their sweet time actually having them like each other, which in my opinion is why they're so good.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 07-05-2003 at 11:33 AM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 12:48 PM   #37
TinuvielChild
Padawan

About the Draco trilogy - my favorite is Draco Veritas, chapter 9, if only for the chapter summary:
Quote:
Lucius chortles, Voldemort sneers/Lupin and Sirius drink a few beers/Ginny time-travels with the greatest of ease/Charlie makes his signature macaroni and cheese. Harry is angsty, Draco is hot/Ron sees the future and wishes he'd not/Hermione discovers an encoded letter/Lucius wears a pimp hat with a feather. Werewolves and hellhounds and adventures galore/I'd better shut up before I spoil any more!
Yeah...

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 07-06-2003, 02:41 PM   #38
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Precious, that one!

But what about DV13's summary?

Quote:
One kiss, two fistfights (one real and one imaginary), three "I love you"s, four Worthy Objects, five brutal murders, six games of chess, seven vampires, eight on a Quidditch team (one too many), nine at dinner with Voldemort, ten years since Harry's death, and a cliffhanger ending just for fun.
I couldn't help but sing that to the tune of The Twelve Days of Christmas.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 07:34 PM   #39
Arcala
Elven Warrior

I just finished reading the Draco Trilogy, although I haven't had time to read the alternate scenes for Draco Veritas jet. Thanks to everyone here for introducing me to this series! It was great!
Stay in bed, float up stream (float up stream)

Please, don't wake me, no, don't shake me
Leave me where I am - I'm only sleeping

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need (there's no need)

Please, don't spoil my day, I'm miles away
And after all I'm only sleeping..."

-from the Beatles' I'm Only Sleeping
Arcala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:05 PM   #40
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I'm reading a fanfic that is so good, I sometimes think of book six by the fanfic's title instead of "Half-Blood Prince".

It's at SF Fandom: Harry Potter and the Hand of Gryffindor
(I'm also honoured to beta this brilliant fic.)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote