Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-20-2005, 02:12 PM   #21
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
IMO once split into the max. parts, LV couldn't make another H. to replace those already destroyed as he'd lack sufficient essence.
Yep, I agree with Spock.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:21 PM   #22
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Yeah, agree with you both. But what is max number? 7?
Old 08-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #23
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

spock, i don't think there was a max number possible, but it would make sense if he ran out of soul, and i hope he doesnt make another cause now that shes taken out two of my favs(DD and sirius) all thats left are lupin and snape, than i'll be cursing rowling for having a personal vendetta against me.
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 12:00 AM   #24
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
Elven Warrior

I don't really think that you could "run out" of soul. I've no evidence to support this...nor a theory as to why, I think my mind just has problems grasping a person "running out" of soul.

Yeah, I think that Lord Moldy Shorts would leap on the chance of making a horcrux out of something of Gryffindor's. That is, after all, the only house he's missing.
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:59 AM   #25
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
I don't really think that you could "run out" of soul. I've no evidence to support this...nor a theory as to why, I think my mind just has problems grasping a person "running out" of soul.

Yeah, I think that Lord Moldy Shorts would leap on the chance of making a horcrux out of something of Gryffindor's. That is, after all, the only house he's missing.
This is completely out of basis but, do you think there could be something from Gryffindor at Godric's Hollow? After all, the Potter's seem to have been rich enough as to have a little treasure... And that could be another reason for the name of the house...

Perhaps Voldemort knew it through Pettigrew and decided to make his last horcrux while getting rid of his foresighted menace. Another perhaps: he may have done this last horcrux while killing James Potter.

Okay. Now you are welcome to ruin my theory

Last edited by Fat middle : 08-21-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Fat middle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 10:58 AM   #26
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I thought that Dumbledore said that Voldemort intended to use Harry's death to create the sixth Horcrux.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:34 PM   #27
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

and thus,[continuing off ol' spocko] never had a chance to make it that night, and had to make it later!
----------------
Old 08-21-2005, 10:25 PM   #28
Elven Warrior

So, there were only six horcruxes made at the time of the Potter's demise, correct? But what about now? Do you think that Lord MS has made the seventh?

Horcruxes at the time of Potter's demise:
1. Lord MS himself.
2. The ring that Dumbldore destroyed.
3. The diary that Harry destroyed.
4. The 'missing' neckalace.
5. Supposedly the Hufflepuff (was it Ravenclaw?) goblet.
6. Supposedly Nagini.

According to Dumbldore Lord MS would want something from all four houses and the only house that he was missing was Gryffindor but D. was fairly confident that Lord MS hadn't managed it because Godric Gryffindor's possesions all resided inside Hogwarts. What's we are *shifty look* discussing is wether or not Harry is a horcrux. But...this is relevant...I promise!!!!! I know what belonged to Slytherin...I'm confused on what belonged to Hufflepuff and what belonged to Ravenclaw, can you guys help? The first four I'm certain are right, 5 and 6 however are Dumbldore's speculations. What do you guys think about that...and my other questions.
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Old 08-22-2005, 04:45 AM   #29
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
So, there were only six horcruxes made at the time of the Potter's demise, correct? But what about now? Do you think that Lord MS has made the seventh?

Horcruxes at the time of Potter's demise:
1. Lord MS himself.
2. The ring that Dumbldore destroyed.
3. The diary that Harry destroyed.
4. The 'missing' neckalace.
5. Supposedly the Hufflepuff (was it Ravenclaw?) goblet.
6. Supposedly Nagini.

According to Dumbldore Lord MS would want something from all four houses and the only house that he was missing was Gryffindor but D. was fairly confident that Lord MS hadn't managed it because Godric Gryffindor's possesions all resided inside Hogwarts. What's we are *shifty look* discussing is wether or not Harry is a horcrux. But...this is relevant...I promise!!!!! I know what belonged to Slytherin...I'm confused on what belonged to Hufflepuff and what belonged to Ravenclaw, can you guys help? The first four I'm certain are right, 5 and 6 however are Dumbldore's speculations. What do you guys think about that...and my other questions.
But if #5 is from Hufflepuff, then Ravenclaw is missed, and vice-versa, so it's not just something from Gryffindor what he's missing...
Old 08-22-2005, 05:17 PM   #30
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Wasn't that necklace thing from one of Ravenclaw or HUfflepuff?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:41 PM   #31
tomstheman
Enting

No, the neckalce was Slytherins, which MS mom pawned when Tom Riddle left her.
Why is the latin word for fear of long words Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia? Yes it is i checked online.

Remember Remember the fifth of November
tomstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:26 PM   #32
Manveru
Elven Warrior

i just had a crazy idea that supports the harry being a horcrux theory. we know that there is probably something of gryffindors that is a horcrux. so what if harry was descended from godric gryffindor? that would explain why his parents house was called 'Godric's Hollow' and what happened to that horcrux. obviously the best way to make sure that one survives is to let dumbledore take care of it. also then harry and voldemort are even more similar- both being descended from hogwarts founding fathers. it would also explain why he is going to godrics hollow in the next book. maybe he'll find out there.
Where the shores are sheer and dim
He launched his bark like a silver spark
From the last and lonely sand;
Then on sunlit breath of day's fiery death
He sailed from Westerland
Manveru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:58 PM   #33
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveru
i just had a crazy idea that supports the harry being a horcrux theory. we know that there is probably something of gryffindors that is a horcrux. so what if harry was descended from godric gryffindor? that would explain why his parents house was called 'Godric's Hollow' and what happened to that horcrux. obviously the best way to make sure that one survives is to let dumbledore take care of it. also then harry and voldemort are even more similar- both being descended from hogwarts founding fathers. it would also explain why he is going to godrics hollow in the next book. maybe he'll find out there.
Yep, I believe that Harry may be a descendant of GG, but the paralelisms with Voldemort you're mentioning would also work in case he's not a Horcrux and Voldemort never intend to make one Horcrux with him. IMHO Voldemort just wanted to kill Harry. He was not interested in him being alive. If he wanted to make an Horcrux that belonged to GG it'd be an object.

I think that the fact of Harry being of the line of GG would help to explain why Voldemort choose him as the subject of the prophecy instead of Neville.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:48 PM   #34
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

so how did Voldie know he was of grypher's blood? and WHY DO ALL THE FOUNDERS HAVE THE SAME FIRST LETTERS FOR THEIR NAMES? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!
----------------
Old 08-23-2005, 08:21 PM   #35
Elven Warrior

DB...are you honestly freaking out about that? Haha, calm down...the owlr won't explode. It'll just be destroyed by the Vogons, but I digress.

The Potter's house wasn't called 'Godric's Hollow', the village type place they lived in was called 'Godric's Hollow'. Why would Lord Moldy Shorts want to kill part of his soul? If an object is the horcrux it has to be destroyed for the soul residing in it to be destroyed, so if a living horcrux was killed then the soul residing inside it would also be dead. Why would Lord MS want to kill part of himself?!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #36
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

..good point....
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:31 AM   #37
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat middle
But if #5 is from Hufflepuff, then Ravenclaw is missed, and vice-versa, so it's not just something from Gryffindor what he's missing...
Maybe Voldemort thought that something from Hufflepuff was not need. Hufflepuff is well known for it's good qualities eg. kindness which Voldemort see's as uneeded and of no worth, so maybe he thought a Horcrux from that house was also uneeded.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 07:45 PM   #38
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

no, im not freaking out, thanks! twas but a joke! i know that they were like that cuz it was a kids book than!
----------------
Old 08-24-2005, 08:02 PM   #39
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Why would Lord MS want to kill part of himself?!
Two possible reasons: 1) He's not aware that Harry has part of his soul. 2) He knows, but is confident that all the other Horcruxes are secure and decides that it's better to lose 1/7 of his soul to kill the one who has the power to defeat him.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:45 PM   #40
Elven Warrior

Not being aware of the creation of a horcrux is something that has already been discussed. I'm not certain that someone could not notice part of their soul leaving their body and entering something else. Nimber two of your theory doesn't hold up much either...two of the horcruxes have already been destroyed and you can bet that the discovery of the third one isn't far behind. Give Moldy time, he'll get paranoid about it.