Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2005, 11:46 PM   #1
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
Elven Warrior

Horcrux [most definantly spoilerific]

Ok, so the deal is that Dumbldore speculates that there are seven horcruxes and he knows of several and guesses several...but there's number seven that is not accounted for. Simply for reference and so that I can be righted if I am wrong here they are: 1) The Riddle diary. 2) The Riddle ring. 3) The Slytherin necklace. 4) The Hufflepuff goblet. (speculated) 5) Nagini (speculated) 6) Something of Ravenclaw's...not certain if it was mentioned and I'm being lazy so I'm not going to look it up at the moment. (speculated...I believe). 7) Dumbldore said that Voldemort would have tried to yoink (my own word for steal) something of Gryffindor's but, to his knowledge, Lord Moldy Shorts had yet to manage that. (This was also speculated)

Now, I've said this because there is, to me, an odd rumour that Harry himself is the seventh horcrux. I'd like to hear other views on this and views about my view. That being said: I think that, that rumour is slightly ridiculous. Dumbldore expressed to Harry how utterly foolish he thought it was to put part of his soul into Nagini(speculation) because the snake was a living breathing creature. So, why would Voldemort want to take that a step farther and put his soul into the body of the boy that a) he is about to kill and b) is supposed to bring about his downfall. I understood the horcrux to be a place to store one's soul, however, if that place was destroied then so was that piece of your soul so would you want to kill (destroy) the thing that you were putting your soul into? It also seems foolish because you wouldn't want to give the boy whom you believed was prophesied to be your downfall that much leverage over you.

Anyway...that's just what I think. If my reasoning is horribly faulty bash me over the head with something large and blunt please.
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane is offline   Reply With Quote