Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
TehDarkArchon

My opinion of events in the next harry potter book (safe from any possible spoilers)

banned.

Last edited by TehDarkArchon : 07-15-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:25 PM   #2
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Ahhhhh. Don't click! Don't!

It's a spoiler!
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
inked
Elf Lord

Just in case - I covered the post. Don't read until after you have read the book.

YES, it is intended to be a spoiler, clearly. However, I would point out that the transmitted photocopy page 606 is only a few paragraphs and does not contain the necessarily absolute truth. I merely observe that on viewing this information I recollect errors of the past!

HOWEVER, YOU SHOULD NOT VIEW THIS PAGE IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HAVE A PARTIAL KNOWLEDGE THAT MAY DISTURB YOUR SLUMBER UNTIL YOU GET YOUR COPY!

I believe there is a special place in purgatory, if not hell proper, for persons who do this sort of thing!!!!! (Well, I sincerely hope that there is!)

Shame on your TehDarkArchon! May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your axillary hairline from top to bottom.
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 12:43 AM   #4
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

TehDarkArchon is now banned for obvious reasons.

He posted this aruond 5:30 on Friday.........

How could this spammer possibly know any knowledge from the book?

If there was any "scanned page," - it is probably a fake. 14 books were "accidently" sold is silly Canada though.
----------
This "Spoiler" makes no sense for the characters involved though.

Unfortunately I clicked on this topic - and I hope that it is not a real spoiler, or at least a misleading one that won't hinder my enjoyment of the book.

Were no admins and mods notified of this??

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 12:59 AM   #5
inked
Elf Lord

Hobbit,

I tried to notify Admin when I found it. But I didn't get on til late. Thankfully it's been corrected now.
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 07-18-2005, 12:27 AM   #6
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I don't think even the 14 lucky stiffs would have scanned the book, what with the embargo (?) on the contents until the 16th.

Instead of making his title "banned", maybe it should be a little fancier, like "Undiluted Bobuter Pus (and banned)".

Incidentally, I can't read this book until the afternoon of the 21st. I'm waiting until after my Calculus midterm. Because Hermione Granger would.

Must... resist... reading spoilers....... *head explodes*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:39 AM   #7
inked
Elf Lord

Nurv,
Having seen the spoiler, I can confirm that it was indeed a photocopy of the correct page in my American edition. I do not know how that happened, of course, but I agree with your assessment. I would suggest that in addition to the tender mercies of your punishment, a slow and agonizing constriction by the plants that like the darkness and twine tighter with exertion, while repeatedly sprayed with stink sap, might add a more appropriate tone to the proceedings . If that be too staid, perhaps as the lone person on the Quidditch field with a few Blast-ended Screwts with spectators cheering on the screwts, our spoiler might provide a bit of amusement worthy of the crime committed . (Or, they could track the guy down for violation of copyright laws and dissemination. The lawyers in Canada or America would probably make the BES look tame! )
Old 07-18-2005, 11:45 AM   #8
Mercutio

Remember the case in New Brunswick with the early copies? Don't the courts have better things to do than issue orders that the people not discuss, distribute, or even read the new Harry Potter books?

I know our American legal system would never waste there time on that.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #9
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

wow, thats evil, i mean, it even said there were no spoilers, luckily i just came in today after already finishing the book, but wow.
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:15 PM   #10
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

uh i added the no spoilers after i removed the spoilers :P

Only spoilers left are covered by the spoiler tags - and if you didn't want to be spoiled, you wouldn't click on it..

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:27 AM   #11
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio
Remember the case in New Brunswick with the early copies? Don't the courts have better things to do than issue orders that the people not discuss, distribute, or even read the new Harry Potter books?

I know our American legal system would never waste there time on that.
Well, now that the book's out, all are free to discuss. But I haven't read it yet, and today I was reading an article about the release of the book, when the silly author of the article let slip a minor spoiler. I had already guessed it from the hints in the last book, but still. Bah. Not everyone can read it the day it comes out, jeez.

If anyone's curious, the minor spoiler was this:
Apparently, Ron and Hermione's relationship deepens.

Inked, I love your embellishments to the punishment. *steeples fingers*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:50 PM   #12
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

hobbit: oh, i thought he put that there to full people, ok.
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote