Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #1
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

HP and the Goblet of Fire

Just finished this last week, and this book is my favorite so far. The Quidditch World Cup part at the beginning got a little long, but once they got to Hogwarts, I really liked it. Interesting side-stories with the main characters, and with Cedric.

Looking forward to the movie - anyone know when it will be out?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:27 PM   #2
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

November 18.. I think it'll be in two two movies, because of the length of the book.

Yeah, I thought the fourth was the best too. I really disliked the 5th though... but I guess you should read it and see yourself. You may like it, some did.
The fourth.. well - I thought the ending was really confusing, at least inthe beginning when I first read it. (Not sure if this is a spoiler - )
All the Crouches. I forgot about his son, and was sure it's Crouch himself there - as we didn't know yet Crouch the father is dead.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:04 PM   #3
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

So do they have the original cast still lined up for this movie? (except Richard Harris/Dumbledore, who died ) I just a bit of the first movie again - interesting to see them grow up.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:33 PM   #4
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I heard it's one movie of normal length, and this is achieved by cutting anything not related to Harry and/or the main plot out. It's a rumour, but certaily a plausible one. Two movies is a good idea though. They could do it like Kill Bill vol.1 and 2.

AFAIK they aren't replacing anyone they don't have to. IMDB has the castlist and some other information here.

This isn't so much of a problem for GoF, but in OotP they're going to have a hard time making Daniel Radcliffe look 15ish. He'll turn 16 this year and he is certainly starting to look grown up. How long will it be before they film OotP? I hope they give the cast a break at least.

Looking up this info, I discovered Daniel's birthday is July 23rd, 1989 and he was born in Fulham, London, England, UK.
Though we don't know exactly where Godric's Hollow is, Harry has lived most of his life in London. (Isn't Privet Drive in Surrey? Why do I think that?)
More interestingly, Harry's birthday is July 31st, and popular fanon (something not proven in the books but commonly accepted by fans as true) is that his birthday is 1979. Though I doubt this had anything to do with Radcliffe's selection for the part, it's an interesting coincidence.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:11 PM   #5
azalea
Long lost mooter

Yes, that's really interesting!
I think Daniel Radcliffe will be fine for OOTP as long as they can shoot it next year. 17 and 15 aren't that far apart. It's better than having someone new, IMO. But they may have to get someone new for the last two, depending on when they're shot, and especially on how long it takes for Book 7 to come out. But don't forget, LotR was three movies shot at once -- something for the producers of the HP movies to aspire to!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:50 PM   #6
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea
Yes, that's really interesting!
I think Daniel Radcliffe will be fine for OOTP as long as they can shoot it next year. 17 and 15 aren't that far apart. It's better than having someone new, IMO. But they may have to get someone new for the last two, depending on when they're shot, and especially on how long it takes for Book 7 to come out. But don't forget, LotR was three movies shot at once -- something for the producers of the HP movies to aspire to!
I dunno... 15 and 17 are pretty far apart for teenagers! But that's not such a big deal. Another factor is the actors may want to have lives instead of spending their teen years making 7 movies.

Let's say it takes 2 more years to write book 7 - not unreasonable considering JKR's recent pattern. So book 7 comes out in 2007, when Dan Radcliffe is nearly 18. If they manage to make 1 movie per year ( ), then Movie 7 will be made in 2008 (since Movie 4 is this year). Dan Radcliffe will be 19 in 2008. I don't know how all that's going to work.

I doubt they will be able to make 1 movie a year anyway, especially considering that it's getting more and more difficult. If they made Movie 7 in 2010 (which wouldn't really be unreasonable) Dan will be 21!
I'm 21 now, and I can tell you I look much older than I did when I was 17. (Well, 4 years older anyway.)

Then again, did Billy Boyd look young enough to be a Hobbit in his late tweens? No he did not. (Pippin was 28 right? Oh my. )
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:07 AM   #7
inked
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
Just finished this last week, and this book is my favorite so far. The Quidditch World Cup part at the beginning got a little long, but once they got to Hogwarts, I really liked it. Interesting side-stories with the main characters, and with Cedric.

Looking forward to the movie - anyone know when it will be out?
Ah, you liked the imperilments and death of the innocent(s). Rian, I am shocked. This was the book for which JKR was taken to task as too "scary" for children and about which she said herself that children should be thought capable of handling the material until about age 7 or greater (if I recall, but I'll check that out and edit in her comment).

edit in...
Refer to this interview while find the exact quotation!

http://www.quick-quote-quill.org/art...bc-hpandme.htm

edit in two (too?)...

http://www.quick-quote-quill.org/art...sp-gilson.html

(see specifically question about "your daughter") ...
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941

Last edited by inked : 04-21-2005 at 10:26 AM.
inked is offline   Reply With Quote