Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-14-2002, 05:47 PM   #1
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Killing Anakin

How could they?! Anakin Solo was my favorite character!
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 12:09 PM   #2
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
that's HORRIBLE!
Anakin was great!
are you sure he dies?

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 12:12 PM   #3
Helix
Elven Warrior

Really?

Does Anakin Solo really die? Which book?

NJO really should be ignored. The series also killed off Chewie!
Old 04-17-2002, 12:37 PM   #4
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Quote:
Originally posted by Beleg Strongbow
that's HORRIBLE!
Anakin was great!
are you sure he dies?
Not really, but no one can feel him in the force, and Leia only says Anakin over and over. They've got his body too, but is he really dead, or just in very deep? I keep hoping for one of the miracles that seem to follow him around, but I don't think the next book is out yet. I drove me crazy, I cried for 2 days. Even worse, Jacen is still captured and Jaina gone dark jedi. They seem determined to make us as miserable as possible. They don't have a sad face?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 04-17-2002, 12:39 PM   #5
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Re: Really?

Quote:
Originally posted by Helix
Does Anakin Solo really die? Which book?

NJO really should be ignored. The series also killed off Chewie!
The last one. I know exactly how you feel. What's the point of the new series anyway? Every time something good happens, so does something worse. They killed of Lusa too. She was just running in her field and was killed.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 04-18-2002, 11:43 AM   #6
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Yes, and Elegos.
I LIKED ELEGOS DU'AKLA!

Aure Entuleva!

Old 04-18-2002, 07:43 PM   #7
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

I got Dark Journey, the newest one and its making me really suspicious, but no miracle yet. I think they might have abandoned his body

Old 04-18-2002, 09:15 PM   #8
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

I think it's a natural law: the larger the amount of writings, the greater the suck-factor.

I completely disregarded the New Jedi Order after the first few books. They just get worse and worse.
Old 04-18-2002, 11:25 PM   #9
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

You have a point. I probably would have dropped the series if my librarians hadn't given me the one where Ben is born FIRST.

THEN they gave me the one where every body starts dying and Anakin is dead. Do you think they'll really kill him? They keep mentioning that there was something very important about him. How he was an entirerly NEW type of jedi. People went on suicide missons to keep Anakin and Tahri safe because of that special something would they really just kill him? Is the entire point of this series to tell how the New Republic ends? If it is, someone is gunna get hurt, and it isn't gunna be me. Missing Anakin better not nd it all. He BETTER be alive.

Old 04-19-2002, 12:18 PM   #10
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Does anyone out there besides Grey Wolf LIKE New Jedi Order?

Aure Entuleva!

Old 04-19-2002, 07:19 PM   #11
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Probably not. Update: Jacen's dead or that's what everyone says. I was just skimming. Jaina is trying to pull herself out of the dark side, and Tenel Ka is queen

Old 04-20-2002, 04:16 AM   #12
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
Aaaaaagggghhhhh!!!How long have I been out of it??!!*sniff*Anakin dead...*sob*Jaina turned Dark Jedi......*moans and falls backwards in her chair*

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 03:24 PM   #13
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

You forgot that Jacen's dead and Luke Skywalker now has a baby named Ben, and Tenel ka is a queen. (They tried to get Jaina to do it, but she was busy)

Last edited by TwirlingString : 04-20-2002 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:46 AM   #14
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Since Luke has a child now, I think that he's seen as "expendable" by the writers. In fact, I would definitely expect Luke to go on a vital, heroic suicide mission and save the Galaxy.
A completely classless move (killing off the MAIN CHARACTER of Star Wars) but in keeping with the series' theme.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 05-06-2002, 08:37 PM   #15
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Beleg Strongbow
Since Luke has a child now, I think that he's seen as "expendable" by the writers. In fact, I would definitely expect Luke to go on a vital, heroic suicide mission and save the Galaxy.
A completely classless move (killing off the MAIN CHARACTER of Star Wars) but in keeping with the series' theme.
He's only a couple of months old. Plus, they killed of nearly all the kids and haven't TOUCHED the adults, or the droids. I think wedge may still be floating around. Guess what, I was reading he book more fully, and believe it or not, they don't KNOW wheter or not they killed Jacen. How do you do that anyway? He's not in the entire story, but niether are the people who caught him. Strangely enough, neither is Tahiri. Something WEIRD is going on. Oh yes, sadly Chewbacca wasn't really a main character. He was a sidekick. It would be like killing Robin. As they did many times *she mutters darkly under her breath* and Anakin is leading a sideseries. I have figured out where his body is, and, I think he's going to stay dead. They used the Force to touch up the body and I think they would have noticed something if something was going to happen.