Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
inked
Elf Lord

Well, Earniel, Pooh is fantasy.

I find the books that I read and re-read and re-read are the best to recommend. They may not have that critical mass of approval in all the right circles but they have readability and meaning and provoke thought. So, must reads for me are the "I must re-reads" that are worth the time.

I was never a Pooh fan myself, probably turned off by Disneyfication, but I can grasp the concept if one reader is continually drawn in.

And, again, Dante really ought to be on the list of my recommends.
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked View Post
Well, Earniel, Pooh is fantasy.

I find the books that I read and re-read and re-read are the best to recommend. They may not have that critical mass of approval in all the right circles but they have readability and meaning and provoke thought. So, must reads for me are the "I must re-reads" that are worth the time.

I was never a Pooh fan myself, probably turned off by Disneyfication, but I can grasp the concept if one reader is continually drawn in.

And, again, Dante really ought to be on the list of my recommends.
Regardless of Disneyfication, the story was fun to read.

I have only read Dante in High School, but I do not remember it well.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote