Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-28-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
I changed my mind, I want "High King" instead I mean since my Kingdom is called "The Kingdom of the Reunited Dúnedain", then it only makes sense for me to be the "High King", which is King of all the Dúnedain...
You Pretender! I hear your great-grandpa was a changeling!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:03 PM   #2
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
HEY! Cut that out, or I'm really going to try and incite a revolution against the decadent despotism of your sham of a monarchy!!

We're a shining light to the modern Numenoreans... to show them that indeed they can govern themselves! DOWN with Tyranny!! Yyeeeeaaaaaahhhh!!!

Hey... how come none of you's other guys are just sticking the 'dubya' in the middle of your username?

~ The Hon President Valan W. Dil
I am a peaceful ruler, Elendil was the "High King" when the Dúnedain were United, and so was Aragorn when they were Reunited, I am merely following in their footsteps and have the motto to go with it!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 12:04 PM   #3
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Just wondering if everyone can see my flag?

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/...nited_dunedain

I am curious, because it is larger than the size it says, but they allowed it to be uploaded, can someone tell me what they see?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 12:07 PM   #4
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
You Pretender! I hear your great-grandpa was a changeling!
Well at least I am no descendant of Eärnur, the King who wasn't even rightfully so... At least I can claim descendency, when you can only claim descendency from a mere captain!

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 12:07 PM   #5
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
Just wondering if everyone can see my flag?

http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/...nited_dunedain

I am curious, because it is larger than the size it says, but they allowed it to be uploaded, can someone tell me what they see?

ohhhh very nice!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:13 PM   #6
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

anyone notice why i chose a bear as my national animal?
bearlioz!!!!

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 01-28-2004, 12:13 PM   #7
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Well at least I am no descendant of Eärnur, the King who wasn't even rightfully so... At least I can claim descendency, when you can only claim descendency from a mere captain!
(Ah... the ugly natural tendency of the Numenoreans toward divisiveness and internal strife rears its head again, even after all these years... Will there again be war amongst them?)

Whaddaya mean... 'you can only claim descendency from a mere captain'???
Old 01-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #8
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
I am a peaceful ruler, Elendil was the "High King" when the Dúnedain were United, and so was Aragorn when they were Reunited, I am merely following in their footsteps and have the motto to go with it!
You're not king over MY Dunedain!!!

(EDIT: Hey JD... can we just call him: 'The Disputed High King of all the Dunedain'??? )

Last edited by Valandil : 01-28-2004 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:17 PM   #9
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
You're not king over MY Dunedain!!!
Are you Black Numenoreans then?

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 12:23 PM   #10
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Are you Black Numenoreans then?
OOoooo, you're making me boil! Careful there... put too much fire below the cauldron and you'll end up in hot water yourself!

We are the people of the state once known as 'Arnor'. We peacefully transitioned from an archaic kingship to a constitutional monarchy and thence onto a full democracy! We include remnants of those from Arthedain, Cardolan and Rhudaur... as well as the dissatisfied, downtrodden and oppressed of Gondor and the 'Reuninted Kingdom'!

In ancient times, Aragorn was a great king... and he is our forebear as well. However, his later heirs more than wore out their welcome.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:26 PM   #11
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

JD,

This looks very interesting. I have created my own Nation.

The Republic of Omalos

"Live Free or Die"

UN Category: New York Times Democracy
Civil Rights: Excellent
Economy: Strong
Political Freedoms: Superb

The Republic of Omalos is a tiny, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The large, corrupt government is mainly concerned with Religion & Spirituality, although Healthcare and Social Welfare are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 19%. A large private sector is led by the Woodchip Exports, Book Publishing, and Information Technology industries.

Crime is a problem. Omalos's national animal is the dolphin and its currency is the Minoan.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
Old 01-28-2004, 12:27 PM   #12
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
(EDIT: Hey JD... can we just call him: 'The Disputed High King of all the Dunedain'??? )
Hey now! I think my claim is pretty well put together

I have the name, I have the name of the Kingdom, Common sense would dictate that in order to have that kingdom name there would have to be a High King (as there was with Aragorn and Elendil and Eldarion), I have the motto, I have the Banner of the White Tree and Seven Stars.

Now this doesn't mean your Lordship is lessened any, remember we are on a "Great Continent" here

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 12:30 PM   #13
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Sacriledge! One of the issues that came up today in my Kingdom was this:

"Swans on the Dinner Table?"

That's my Kingdom's Animal! lol. I turned that sucker down pretty quickly

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #14
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:

Now this doesn't mean your Lordship is lessened any, remember we are on a "Great Continent" here
Not when your very title makes claim to lordship over the people of my sovereign state!

On another topic: Hey JD, can we somehow 'map' our continent? I suggest we start with the known portions of Middle Earth. If so, I'd like to stake a claim to some area about and including Lake Evendim and preferably extending east to Fornost. So maybe the space between the Hills of Evendim and the North Downs. Better put 'Dunedain' down in the 'Minas Tirith-Pelargir' area... so there's a bit of distance between us. We should also leave plenty of room for late-comers.

(EDIT: or do latecomes just keep adding eastword? That area should all be a bit more civilized after all these millenia.)

Last edited by Valandil : 01-28-2004 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:44 PM   #15
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Not when your very title makes claim to lordship over the people of my sovereign state!

On another topic: Hey JD, can we somehow 'map' our continent? I suggest we start with the known portions of Middle Earth. If so, I'd like to stake a claim to some area about and including Lake Evendim and preferably extending east to Fornost. So maybe the space between the Hills of Evendim and the North Downs. Better put 'Dunedain' down in the 'Minas Tirith-Pelargir' area... so there's a bit of distance between us. We should also leave plenty of room for late-comers.

(EDIT: or do latecomes just keep adding eastword? That area should all be a bit more civilized after all these millenia.)
I object to his claim of Lake Evendim. I am just as much entitled to it as he is. If he wants to push me to Minas Tirith, he is crazy, Annúminas is where I grew up as a boy...

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 12:47 PM   #16
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

well if we do i got the shire cuz they got pipeweed there
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:52 PM   #17
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
Sacriledge! One of the issues that came up today in my Kingdom was this:

"Swans on the Dinner Table?"

That's my Kingdom's Animal! lol. I turned that sucker down pretty quickly
Swan is a great delicacy in my nation! 'Pressed swan' is delightful! Basted in its own juices... mmmm-MMMMM!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:54 PM   #18
Valandil

Theoden

Quote:
I object to his claim of Lake Evendim. I am just as much entitled to it as he is. If he wants to push me to Minas Tirith, he is crazy, Annúminas is where I grew up as a boy...
Sure he grew up there... but we ran him off! Barely escaped with his head on his shoulders, he did! Arrogant, pampered little royal!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 01:11 PM   #19
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Swan is a great delicacy in my nation! 'Pressed swan' is delightful! Basted in its own juices... mmmm-MMMMM!!!
Quote:
Sure he grew up there... but we ran him off! Barely escaped with his head on his shoulders, he did! Arrogant, pampered little royal!!!
Now see, a true and Faithful Dúnedain would never speak that way about Swans, one of our beloved symbols, and treating the Descendant of heirs of old that way, especially as a boy. I think this only makes my claim that much stronger!

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 01:15 PM   #20
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

I lay claim to mirkwood!

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide