Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
Celegorn
Sapling

Gandalf [Decipher's LotR RPG] Shameless Self Promotion

I've been trying to put the word out about the Lord of the Rings Sourcebook Project. Myself and others have been writing new sourcebooks for the game, around personal lives (so it takes some time), and have been posting them here:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/14240887/...4/sharing.html

There are several preview covers, a preview .pdf for the War of the Ring booklet and Halloween Special, and work has been started on a Return of the King Sourcebook, Creature Compendium, The Hobbit Sourcebook, Angmar: The Land of the Witch King, and Rangers of the North.

As only two people are working on these projects, it takes some time to complete them. Originally I'd hoped I'd be able to spend more time with them, but my degree is time consuming. I work on these books when I get the chance. If anybody wants to help, let me know, we'd love to have you. Take a look around the site, I have all the old Decipher docs posted (Adventures, Errata, etc.), as well as others. The books themselves are NOT posted, and WILL not be posted, to this site, just supplemental material.

Here's a list of the the books and items currently in progress, or in the very least, collection. The dice I'm making for myself to see if it works. If successful, I may be willing to make some, or devise a tutorial for, anyone who would like a pair. Items marked are still debatable. In the case of the Adventure game, I don't have any of the others so am unsure of what they look like. Other items I'm feeling aren't terribly necessary. As participants are scarce and time is subject to greater priorities (family, undergrad, work, etc.), items will be completed as time permits. If anyone else would love to help, fell free to PM me for my email and submit something to the project. Teasers will continue to be submitted to the Hall of Fire. Thank you, and I hope this sufficiently teases enough people.
  • Two six-sided dice marked with the numbers 1-6 in Tengwar
Made from sculpey!
  • Rohan: Land of the Sons of Eorl
  • Rangers of the North
Social/economic life of a Ranger
Enemies and Allies
Locations
  • Creature Compendium
Animals
Foul Beasts
Demons
Orcs
Trolls
Undead
  • Angmar: Land of the Witch King
Summary of Angmar’s lands and borders
Forces of the Witch King
Famous Battles
  • For Death and Glory: A Guide to Warriors and Barbarians
Fell Strikes
New Edges and Flaws
New Elite Orders
Shieldmaiden
March warden
Berserker
Elite Guardsman
Healer
New Abilities for old orders
New Weapons/Armor
Enchantments/spells
  • Sweet as Song and Swift as Shadows: A Guide to Rogues and Minstrels
New Edges and Flaws
New Elite Orders
Assassin
Bard
New Abilities for old orders
New Weapons/Armor
Enchantments/spells
  • Return of the King Sourcebook
Comparison/summary between book and movie
Characters
Locations
  • The War of the Ring Sourcebook
Battles
Characters
Kindred of Men: Beornings
  • Return of the King Adventure Game
  • The Hobbit supplement
Summary
Characters
Locations
  • A 4-part mini-chronicle
“Fire in the North”
Episode 1: The House of Margil
Episode 2: Plague of Corruption
Episode 3: The Fire Spreads
Episode 4: Fall of the March Warden
  • Assorted Adventures
  • Assorted Pregenerated Characters
Aegnor, Dunedain Noble
Banks the Hobbit
Beldin, Dwarven Noble
Celegorn, Elven Sentinel
Eglath, Wandering Magician
Gleogar, Rohirric Minstrel
Ingold, Noldorin Loremaster (WIP)
Rowland Whitebeam, Rogue

Last edited by Celegorn : 10-25-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Celegorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
Celegorn
Sapling

Posted the Halloween Special to the first link in my sig and sent a copy to the Hall of Fire Webzine.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
EllethValatari
Elven Warrior

I'm confused-what is this?
"We have come from God, and inevitably the myths woven by us, though they contain error, will also reflect a splintered fragment of the true light, the eternal truth that is with God. Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil."
— J.R.R. Tolkien
EllethValatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
Celegorn
Sapling

Sourcebooks for this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lor...leplaying_Game

I know a lot of the boards of this kind are for play-by-post games, but I was hoping that some traditionalist players float around on here. I was hoping that this would stir some interest in the game again. At least enough for the revival of an active community.

For those who are interested http://www.miniaturemarket.com/lord_of_the_rings1 has most of the Core Books for cheap.

Last edited by Celegorn : 10-31-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Celegorn
Sapling

I finally figured out an issue that people were having with viewing some of the files. Well, at least the cause, I'm still working on the solution. If you try to view some of the files using the default Apple software instead of Adobe reader, the software won't recognize fonts you don't have installed on your computer. I'm not sure yet how to rectify that so all programs can see the files, but Adobe reader is free and available for all OS, so if you're having issues, Reader should fix that (in theory of course, please let me know if there are still issues).