Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-28-2004, 04:33 PM   #201
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Fat middle
I've decided not to support the funds raising for the army. We're having troubles that could be solved with more army, but I think our budget must be too short for paying a large army.

I suspect that the generous earnings from gambling are going directly to the Fat Brother's pockets
I had the same question, except I chose to raise my army
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 04:35 PM   #202
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Ranaland's national animal is the frog
Boooooooooo! We want the snakes
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 04:36 PM   #203
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
I had the same question, except I chose to raise my army
I would choose the same if I were you. Looks more important to me - to protect your country, or have more money...

Last edited by Radagast The Brown : 01-28-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:37 PM   #204
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

At this moment in time I do not want to be part of the UN, I want to grow my country and influence it in my own manner, not have to live by resolutions made by some central (weak) body

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 04:38 PM   #205
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Thanks Radagast.

By the way JD, my civil rights are good now (prompted by my legalization of euthanasia). How often are you going to update the stats? They will probably change every day, but you could do the stats every 2 or three days.
I know - it's going to get difficult to update all the countries. Also - I have run out of room on my post - so I think Jonathan may have to put ones in his post below mine. Unless I get SGH or someone to add a post inbetween - but I don't think that's possible. Not sure - I have to find out.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 04:41 PM   #206
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
I know - it's going to get difficult to update all the countries. Also - I have run out of room on my post - so I think Jonathan may have to put ones in his post below mine. Unless I get SGH or someone to add a post inbetween - but I don't think that's possible. Not sure - I have to find out.
It's not possible, unless you start a new thread. Unfortunately it is done by time so you can't add a new post to a certain spot when it is a day later...

Let's just create a new thread that lists the Continent and ask the admins to make it sticky

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 04:52 PM   #207
jerseydevil

I have two issues. The one I already passed. And the other I'm still really debating...

Quote:
The Issue
Far-right-wing Nazi supporters plan to stage a rally in the city center tomorrow, giving voice to their violent, racist views.

The Debate
1. "Frankly, I'm appalled that the government can even consider allowing this travesty to go ahead," says prominent Jewish banker Elizabeth Clinton. "We can't let these animals broadcast their message of hate. Surely Great New Jersey is too civilized for that."

2. "It's exactly because we're civilized that we must let the demonstration proceed," says free speech campaigner Jack Dodinas. "We may not like what they have to say, but in this society, people have the right to argue whatever political view they want, no matter how hateful, selfish, or stupid it is."
Quote:
The Issue

The increasingly militant Animal Liberation Front struck again last night, freeing dozens of chickens bound for delicious snack packs.

The Debate
1. "These nuts have got to be stopped," demands concerned consumer Steffan Summers. "They need to face the fact people want snack packs, no matter how many innocent chickens must be sacrificed. Besides, chickens would do the same to us if they had the chance."

2. "These Liberationists are highlighting an important issue," pleads Tobias Broadside. "Too often, animals are put through needless cruelty, just to make their flesh taste a little more deliciously succulent. I'm sure we could ban the more horrific abuses without putting too much of a dent in our national obesity figures. Couldn't we?"

3. "Animals have feelings too!" yelled protestor Pip Barry, before being set upon by hungry passers-by. "Free the animals! Ban meat-eating!"

4. Economist Melbourne Broadside has an alternative. "You don't need to take away the people's right to choose. You just need to build the costs of animal suffering into the price. A tax on meat-eating, in proportion to the amount of cruelty involved, would do the trick. Plus think of the benefit for the national coffers! Of course, poor people wouldn't be able to afford meat, but that's just more incentive for them to get jobs."
Any thoughts? I already voted on the Nazi one.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 04:56 PM   #208
jerseydevil

Quote:
It's not possible, unless you start a new thread. Unfortunately it is done by time so you can't add a new post to a certain spot when it is a day later...
Yeah - I would be able to though if I had full control. I could just go into the database and change the time in the record.
Quote:

Let's just create a new thread that lists the Continent and ask the admins to make it sticky
There is no way they would go for making it sticky that's for sure.

I had some other ideas - but they won't really work.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 04:57 PM   #209
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
I have two issues. The one I already passed. And the other I'm still really debating...

About the first one - I would obviously cancel it, in my country there'll be no nazism or racism.

I didn't rerally understad the second one. I have to go to sleep anyway - see you all tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:57 PM   #210
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:

I would vote 1 for both. I am running a Kingdom not giving people free reign to rule!

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 04:59 PM   #211
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

By the way, JD clean out your pm's so i can reply to you!!!

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 05:05 PM   #212
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

lol Valandil's country is run by basket weavers and woodchip experts, LOL!!!

Also, I see all this talk about war and bombing people. How do you fight? I don't see that option...

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 05:24 PM   #213
jerseydevil

Quote:
Also, I see all this talk about war and bombing people. How do you fight? I don't see that option...
It's not a real option. You need to go into the forums and it explains the process there - it's more like roleplaying when it comes to war. The forum is a bit slow during the day though - everyone seems to be on it while at work.

By the way - I need all the people who have created countries today to post who you are.

Here is the list of countries...
Quote:
The Jingoistic States of Ploeterpoep
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ranaland
The Borderlands of Mornar Essiria
The Free Land of Snicker-Snack

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 05:32 PM   #214
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally posted by brownjenkins
The Free Land of Snicker-Snack ~ Big Daddy Brownjenkins

we don't have a "leader"... i'm just a cultural figurehead
Old 01-28-2004, 05:33 PM   #215
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
lol Valandil's country is run by basket weavers and woodchip experts, LOL!!!

If it's WAR with me you want... (and why else mention the two in one breath?) - then I'm quite sure my basket weavers and wood-chippers can take your door-to-door insurance salesmen!

We have a one-year military service obligation... that means my entire citizenry makes quite a formidable militia!
Old 01-28-2004, 05:35 PM   #216
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
We have a one-year military service obligation... that means my entire citizenry makes quite a formidable militia!
So does my country and I just passed a law to increase my military and defense spending

BRING IT!!

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 05:40 PM   #217
jerseydevil

Announcement! Announcement!

Okay - certain things have come to my attention. We have to organize a bit.

1)We should set up a central government and unite together and form the United States of Entmoot I think. You will still be able to vote on your issues as you like - but we should have some sort concensus on things - such as war and the UN.

2) We should develop a Constitution that develops what the role of this government will be and what power it has.

3) It has been suggested several times that we have a map. At first I was thinking about just using the US map, I can be in NJ - jonathan be in NY and we just move westward. I have a feeling this might cause problems with Europeans who will then want to use a European map. Therefore - do you wish to draw up a completely unique map, use the real world map (keeping us all on one continent for the time being), or what?

4) Dunedain and Valandil fight over the title High King. Valandil does NOT want Dunedain to have this title. I would like Dunedain and Valandil to present their issues and then during the course of the day people can vote. tomorrow we will tally up the votes and that wil be the outcome. (This is one of the reasons I think we need a Constitution and Government).

If you have any ideas or suggestions - let me know.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 01-28-2004 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:42 PM   #218
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Announcement! Announcement!

Okay - certain things have come to my attention. We have to organize a bit.

1)We should set up a central government and unite together and form the United States of Entmoot I think. You will still be able to vote on your issues as you like - but we should have some sort concensus on things - such as war and the UN.

2) We should develop a Constitution that develops what the role of this government will be and what power it has.

3) It has been suggested several times that we have a map. At first I was thinking about just using the US map, I can be in NJ - jonathan be in NY and we just move westward. I have a feeling this might cause problems with Europeans who will then want to use a European map. Therefore - do you wish to draw up a completely unique map, use the real world map (keeping us all on one continent for the time being), or what?

4) Dunedain and Valandil fight over the title High King. Valandil does NOT want Dunedain to have this title. I would like Dunedain and Valandil to present their issues and then during the course of the day people can vote. tomorrow we will tally up the votes and that wil be the outcome. (This is one of the reasons I think we need a Constitution and Government).

If you have any ideas or suggestions - let me know.
I don't want to retype my stance all over again, lol...

--Linaewen
Old 01-28-2004, 05:45 PM   #219
jerseydevil

Quote:
I don't want to retype my stance all over again, lol...
Then cut and paste.

Additionally - as part of the Constitution.

5) we should set up a court system to handle disputes such as this between states.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 01-28-2004, 05:49 PM   #220
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Here is an easy solution. Considering the fact that the Dúnedain come from the West, I would be privy to take California and Hawaii if we use the US map, that way it could represent Numenor and the Western parts of Middle Earth. Also, with that said, I could still be the High King, because I would be in relation to my Kingdom. After the Fall of Hawaii, the Faithful moved on to California where we took up the rule of those faithful and hence I became High King of the Reunited Kingdom of the Dúnedain. I am still a man of the West in relation to us using that map. I have the name (Dúnedain), I have the position (common sense would dictate that a "Reunited Kingdom of The Dúnedain" would need a High King, especially once REUNITED), I have the logos (my flag is that of the White Tree, the Seven Stars and the Crown), my Kingdom's animal is the Swan (which is long reverred among my people back to the days before our beginning with Tuor, who was in essence one of the Fathers of the Numenorean Kings) and the motto (Seven stars and seven stones and one white tree), all in relation to my descendency of the Kings of Old...

--Linaewen

Last edited by Dúnedain : 01-28-2004 at 05:50 PM.