Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2004, 09:42 PM   #1
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

The Official US President Election Thread

ok Im just gonna start it myself then. ive actually been waiting for one of the big shots here to start this thread for months now but now one has. so here we can discuss our thoughts on the possibilities for and the ramifications of the 2004 american presidential election.

for those unfamiliar with how it works, since there is currently a first term republican in the white house, the republican party has no need to find a candidate. Bush is their candidate by default. the democrats however need to find someone to run against him in November so theres a gaggle of them running about the country stumping and hand shaking and saying vote for me cause im special.

So who do you think is gonna be president come January 2005? Who do you think is going to be the democratic nominee? Dean? Someone else? Personally I would love to see a Clark/McCain ticket. But Im probably the only one. I still cant see how Dean could beat Bush. Maybe if he brings in Edwards or someone southern for VP but even then I just don’t see it. Unless of course things go down hill economy wise or war wise or some X factor rears its head before then that pops Bush’s balloon and opens this thing wide open. Ok have at it. And be nice its just opinion about possibilities not a soap box for preaching your particular brand of politics to the masses and arguing with all the heathens that disagree with you.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."