Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-05-2003, 01:55 PM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Matrix Revolution (SPOILERS)

So who saw the worldwide first showing of Matrix Revolution? WB wanted a worldwide first showing - so on the east coast it was at 9:00am, central time 8:00am, mountain 7:00am, pacific 6:00am, etc.

Also what were your thoughts on the movie. I'll add my comments after. I'll just say that I saw the first showing.

The one thing I liked - is that the movie continued right from where the last one left off at. I think Azalea or someone had said that Jackson should have continued TT right from where FotR left off at - and I agree. Matrix Revolution just dropped you right back into the movie.

[EDIT]
There was a Matrix Revolution thread that was created before the movie came out - asking how people thought the movie would be. Now that people have seen it - is it what you expected?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 11-06-2003 at 12:59 AM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:51 PM   #2
gdl96
the greg the admin

I just want to remind users to use the SPOILER CODE when it is necessary.

I'm seeing it at 9:45 tonight. I am caustiously optomistic
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 11:44 PM   #3
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

It was alright. Still deciding if I reallly liked this movie, or only thought it to be ok. Special Effects were pretty cool - fight at dock was amazing as was the Hammer flying towards zion...... It just wasn't an amazing film.

It barely answered any questions and asks tons more. WHATS UP WITH THAT? grrrr.

The print was pretty bad though (that I saw) - the sound would just cut in and out at times. It wasn't THAT bad, but afterwards I went to complain and got free tickets to see any movie I want!

The theater must have been like 3/4 full and only 10-15 people thought to complain.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 01:00 AM   #4
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by gdl96
I just want to remind users to use the SPOILER CODE when it is necessary.
Actually when I went for the second time at 9:15pm - I remembered that IU had not put "(SPOILERS)" in the thread subject. Anyone going in here should assume that the people who have seen the movie will be discussing it.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-06-2003, 01:04 AM   #5
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
The print was pretty bad though (that I saw) - the sound would just cut in and out at times. It wasn't THAT bad, but afterwards I went to complain and got free tickets to see any movie I want!
Tristan - I hate to tell you this - but that is because you go to a crappy cheap theater. When we saw FotR during the entmoot thing in 2001 - the sound had problems, and the picture had problems. If you went to the same theater than I can see why Matrix would suck there too.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 11-06-2003 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:10 AM   #6
HOBBIT

How about not - sometimes prints have erors on them or there are some technical problems.

Where did we see FOTR? I think at Lowest in New Brunswick, right?

I saw Matrix at Lowes (formerly Cineplex Odeon) at the Menlo Park Mall.

Problems happen all the tim e- I doubt that your movie theater is perfect.

At least I saw it for free though

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 11-06-2003, 01:34 AM   #7
jerseydevil

Quote:
How about not - sometimes prints have erors on them or there are some technical problems.

Where did we see FOTR? I think at Lowest in New Brunswick, right?
It was around Dunellen or Piscataway - off Rt287. It's wasn't New Brunswick though.
Quote:

I saw Matrix at Lowes (formerly Cineplex Odeon) at the Menlo Park Mall.

Problems happen all the tim e- I doubt that your movie theater is perfect.

At least I saw it for free though
They've never had a problem - except once and they gave everyone free tickets - without anyone having to ask. I go to Hamilton AMC 24 They had 3 showings of the Matrix at 9:15.

I used to go to Lowes on Rt 1 in North Brunswick. That theater was always a mess and people there wouldn't shut up during a movie.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-06-2003, 01:53 AM   #8
HOBBIT

Movie theaters are out to make money, i doubt that they would just give out free tickets. You have to seek them out. This has always been my experience.

You don't ask for them - it is just their policy to give them out whenever there is a problem. Its easy enough to go see a problem.

More often than not they are aware of the problem and have the free tickets in hand and you don't even need to say anything to them.

They lose money when they refund tickets, so......... I doubt they'd hand them out to a whole theater of people willingly.

Anyway, *back to matrix*

Old 11-06-2003, 02:05 AM   #9
HOBBIT

One problem with starting off where it last left off: the normal movie goers have forgotten everything in 6 months!

Old 11-06-2003, 02:12 AM   #10
jerseydevil

Quote:
One problem with starting off where it last left off: the normal movie goers have forgotten everything in 6 months!
I only saw Matrix Reloaded twice and I do not have the DVD nor had i watched it before Revolution came out - I had no problem in picking up the story from where they left off. Did you have a problem picking up where they left off? Did anyone have a problem picking up where it left off?

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-06-2003, 02:16 AM   #11
HOBBIT

note how i said the normal movie goer.

Old 11-06-2003, 02:23 AM   #12
jerseydevil

Quote:
note how i said the normal movie goer.
Sorry - I guess I was just considering myself as a "normal movie goer"

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-06-2003, 05:16 PM   #13
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Ya I saw the 9 am showing. The story was too jumpy, but the effects were amazing, especcially the commander of the army! End fight scene too long, pointless, too much superman effects. But again I admit I enjoyed it and this would definetely be a typical action movie. They kinda lost track of were they were going I think. But Wachowski Bros well done.
thranduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 05:46 PM   #14
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Quote:
Movie theaters are out to make money, i doubt that they would just give out free tickets. You have to seek them out. This has always been my experience.

You don't ask for them - it is just their policy to give them out whenever there is a problem. Its easy enough to go see a problem.

More often than not they are aware of the problem and have the free tickets in hand and you don't even need to say anything to them.

They lose money when they refund tickets, so......... I doubt they'd hand them out to a whole theater of people willingly.

Anyway, *back to matrix*
At the theater I work at we don't "have tickets ready". You have to have your ticket stub, a valid complaint, and report the complaint and request for a refund BEFORE the credits. You take your stub up to the box, where you originally buy your ticket, tell the cashier you want a refund, and they ring it up for you. Either you get a refund ticked, a different showing for the movie or a change show ticket. But, every theater is different.

I work at a Carmike.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:31 PM   #15
HOBBIT

not familiar with carmike.

I usually go to Lowes Cineplexs..... they are all over here!

I know that is basically their policy.

Of course you actually have to have a valid complaint!! And you would usually have to talk the manager and explain things - BUT they hand them out without questions if they KNOW there was a problem.

Like when the ten of us approached the manager's office, she just came and said "the matrix theater 10? yeah we were having problems with it..." and started handing them out..

I think thats a GOOD thing

I also usually go to Regal Cinemas - dont know what they do there. But this is like the third time ive gotten free passes from Lowes.

Old 11-07-2003, 12:36 AM   #16
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Back on topic: This movie sucked. I wanted my questions answered, dammit, and they frellin' weren't!! So wtf?
Neo's some kind of God or something? Revered by both humans AND machines?? And that's why he has all these 'superpowers'? Can you say, "CHEESEY"? It could have been a much more complex story if you found out that reality was actually still part of the matrix...

Speaking of which: they didn't answer whether zion was in the matrix or not (assuming not), or where the machines came from, or how they took over, or anything! Ggrrrrr. And what's with the useless scene with the french guy?? And how did Trinity escape from there without being shot to pieces? And why didn't they focus more on the in-between place between the matrix and reality (they could have had a really cool twist there, implying that reality was still part of the matrix (the inbetween place being a connecting cable of sorts, but no.... had to go for cheese live happily ever after story)). Hmph. AND they could have made Agent Smith the accidental hero (being the one unpredictable part of the whole thing), but no, he had to stay the boring old baddie, and lucifer incarnate, apparently. And what's up with the little indian girl? So she's suddenly found her purpose, huh? Painting skies?? WHY????
Stupid wachowski brothers.

Last edited by Sheeana : 11-07-2003 at 12:37 AM.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:58 AM   #17
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Believe it or not I'll agree with Sheeana entirely. They seemed to concentrate on all the wrong parts of the story.

But before commenting further I'll have to review the first two. I was a bit lost.

An interesting fact: the stunt and fight choreographer of the Matrix also directed/produced Iron Monkey and Once Upon a Time in China.
[If those shades are supposed to represent coolness...]
Old 11-07-2003, 01:21 AM   #18
jerseydevil

I guess I wasn't looking for deep meaning with the film. I looked at it as an action movie. There is a lot of deeper meanings though - but most of it is action oriented.

I thought smith was good - a computer virus affecting the matrix. I wouldn't have expected him to save the human race. I suppose he could have been used to infect the machines - because that is what Neo actually prevented.

It would have been nice if the humans had regained the world.

I do not see how the movie could have answered all of sheeana's questions - especially in 2 hours.

I saw it twice and I may go again. I'll have to watch it closer. I know some things were hinted at. I think they wanted to keep people guessing.

As far as I'm concerned - it wasn't the most happy of endings - even with the sunrise. It's an illusion. It's a temporary reprieve and the humans are still living underground and never regained the world.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-07-2003, 01:38 AM   #19
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil

As far as I'm concerned - it wasn't the most happy of endings - even with the sunrise. It's an illusion. It's a temporary reprieve and the humans are still living underground and never regained the world.
Well said Jerseydevil, I still find respect for you and your ideas even though you think I'm BB. But I hope that this ending doesn't give an excuse for them to make another. Good Heavens it will be horrible. And the Oracle saying She thinks she'll see neo again. Well we better not. But I still loved the action.
thranduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 01:59 AM   #20
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by thranduil
Well said Jerseydevil, I still find respect for you and your ideas even though you think I'm BB.
Well I may eventually stop thinking you are BB - but this may just be a diversionary tactic. Don't think by just complementing something I say - that I will stop watching you and your gang.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide