Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2006, 07:49 AM   #1
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Theft of Intellectual Property in Hollywood or Guess Who Wrote The Matrix

I thought this would make an interesting topic:

Listen to the 2nd link, it's only about 7 minuits, amazing!!! But first, read the first link first, just a paragraph; scroll down to Sophia Stewart, and read!!!

http://www.innersites.com/feet2fire/this-week.htm

http://www.femmixx.com/sophiastewartinterview.mp3

-What do you think of the problem of theft of "intellectual" property in hollywood. Being an aspiring screen writer myself this is like a panic issue for me; very concerned that one day one of my babies could just be ript off. Do you not think it is easier to just pay the authors as appose to getting sued, or is it that these guys can't help giving it to one of their best buddies or close relation and promoting them, or whatever the motivation might be. Shopping scripts are just very hazardous.

-What do you think of the message of the matrix; is it religious or social commentary or both!!!

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Last edited by The Telcontarion : 07-11-2006 at 12:30 PM.
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I do recall the buzz about a black woman writing the Matrix. But truly, it's not something that really occupies my mind.

As far as the Matrix's message I think its just a story( perhaps) by two brothers who where just getting off on their intellectual selves to provide pseudo-intellectual conversations for people awed and looking for messages in Hollywood.

AE

PS When someone uses the word pseudo-intellectual doesn't it imply that they think they are intellectual themselves?

I think in my case I just recognize the flaw in myself.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro-elf
I do recall the buzz about a black woman writing the Matrix. But truly, it's not something that really occupies my mind.

As far as the Matrix's message I think its just a story( perhaps) by two brothers who where just getting off on their intellectual selves to provide pseudo-intellectual conversations for people awed and looking for messages in Hollywood.

AE

PS When someone uses the word pseudo-intellectual doesn't it imply that they think they are intellectual themselves?

I think in my case I just recognize the flaw in myself.
Well it certainly does not preoccupy my mind, it is just something interesting I came accross recently.

The operating issue here is not the race of the individual that wrote it, but rather the fact that it was not the Wachowski brothers and the lawsuit against them over it. However the story of this very obviously talented writer is quite interesting, to say the least, it appears the terminator was also inspired by her work.

...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Old 07-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #4
The Telcontarion

As for the message!!!!!

I think the message is very biblical IMO; with the suggestion of return of a messiah type individual, the biblical names and even the complex battle of good versus evil and it's minions.

Old 07-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #5
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I would say 'mythical' as opposed to Biblical.

Those themes are far older than the Bible.

PS The Telcontarion are you male or female?

AE

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #6
The Telcontarion

I am male afro elf. Why man, that's a strange question.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #7
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telcontarion
I think the message is very biblical IMO; with the suggestion of return of a messiah type individual, the biblical names and even the complex battle of good versus evil and it's minions.

Biblical names like "Trinity"?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #8
The Telcontarion

Like "trinity."

Old 07-13-2006, 07:31 PM   #9
The Telcontarion

Just thought you should know, if you missed the intereview with sophia stewart on Feet2Fire, it should be in the archives on the website next week monday I think. Check it out and get informed!!!