Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-09-2002, 12:20 PM   #41
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Now we know that Sirius is going to Lupoin's to get some help and lay low for a while.
Obviously Dumbledore is doing what the ministry wouldn't.
Madame Maxine and Hagrid I believe
are goig to ask the giants for their friendship

And Snape...well...
he's probably gonna go back to Voldemort as sort of a double agent.

Those are the obvious things.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:43 PM   #42
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
originally posted by FF
Wasn't that Dedalus Diggle of my very own county of Kent? As in "I bet that was Dedalus Diggle - he never had much sense" (I'm quoting from memory)?
I probably got confused. Her names are... strange.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 01:08 PM   #43
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I disagree with Finrod's (spoiler-fied) speculation about Snape... I'm pretty sure that the end of Goblet of Fire makes it pretty clear that Voldemort knows Snape is no longer on his side.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 12:54 AM   #44
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
I disagree with Finrod's (spoiler-fied) speculation about Snape... I'm pretty sure that the end of Goblet of Fire makes it pretty clear that Voldemort knows Snape is no longer on his side.
yeah i think parrot is right, and if snape does go back voldemort should kill him because if snape just waltzes back into the death eaters thats just gay!

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 04:36 PM   #45
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

iron parrot is right. I really can't guess what Dumbledore asked Snape to do.... a very big mistery!! Madam Maxim and Hagrid? I think, if my memory is right, they need to take care about the giants.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:00 PM   #46
Garina
Elf Lord

I really hope there's more Lupin in book 5. He's definitely one of my favourite characters. Grrrrr - when are Ron and Hermione gonna wake up! They so obviously like each other.

I actually think that Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban are much scarier than Goblet of Fire. Goblet of Fire was more upsetting (I cried ) but it wasn't as creepy.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 07:29 AM   #47
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I think the Goblet Of fire is the scariest, and it wasn't so sad really - I didn't like Sedric anyway. He was... boring. So I wasn't sad, but I wasn't thril too.

I liked Lupin too. And the second book, the chamber of secrets - doesn't scary. Neh.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:16 PM   #48
Garina
Elf Lord

It wasn't that Cedric died, it was the state Harry was in afterwards.

CoS was scary! All these Petrified people getting... Petrified. That kind of thing creeps me out.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Old 10-13-2002, 04:29 PM   #49
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Well, see, I mistakely looked in the end of PoA before I read the CoS so it wasn't so scary.

He were sad about what happened after the death of Sedric?!?!
Old 10-13-2002, 04:33 PM   #50
Garina
Elf Lord

Yeah, he blamed himself, thought it was his fault that Cedric died.

Just had horrible thought - this is the twins' last year at Hogwarts! Who else will cheer everyone up (apart from the Slytherins!)
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Old 10-15-2002, 08:01 PM   #51
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I found him! I found him!

From CoS, Ch.3 ("The Burrow"), Arthur Weasley enters and says:
Quote:
'What a night,' he mumbled, groping for the teapot as they all sat down around him. 'Nine raids. Nine! And old Mundungus Fletcher tried to put a hex on me when I had my back turned...'
That's the only mention of Fletcher until the very end of GoF, I believe. Not that it clues us into anything, mind you... but that little detail could be expounded upon just as Rowling did with the mention of Sirius Black in the very first chapter of Philosopher's Stone.

As for a certainty of sorts regarding Book Five: I think it's pretty clear that Potter is going to be the new Gryffindor Qudditch captain.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 10-22-2002, 04:37 PM   #52
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

you found Mandagous!!! yay!!
Quote:
originally posted by Garina
Yeah, he blamed himself, thought it was his fault that Cedric died.

Just had horrible thought - this is the twins' last year at Hogwarts! Who else will cheer everyone up (apart from the Slytherins!)
That wasn'y sad. no.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:19 PM   #53
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

There actually is yet another mention of Mundungus Fletcher I caught this time, at the Quidditch World Cup... Arthur Weasley talks about how he supposedly filed a damages claim for a twelve-bedroom tent or something.

Of course, so far there are no clues as to what he has to do with Dumbledore's "old crowd" - Lupin, Figg, etc.

Old 10-22-2002, 07:27 PM   #54
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Well y'all are sayin' next summer.
I heard it was this Christmas, like along side the CoS movie?

well...I would have liked to know what spoilers had been written. I LOVE a good speculation.

I heard that Harry's going to get expelled. A smaller school will except him. and Ghosty Cedric will help out.

Why would Cedric be a ghost? you may ask. well rowling even said that ghosts are people who aren't happy about their deaths, or lives. Thus Moaning myrtle (PIMPLY PIMPLY!!!) And Nick (Nearly half an inch of skin and sinew).

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 08:36 PM   #55
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Quote:
"I heard that Harry's going to get expelled. A smaller school will except him. and Ghosty Cedric will help out."
That seems a bit far-fetched considering that he needs the protection of Hogwarts more than ever now.

I think Rowling has really written herself into a corner, in a way, by raising the stakes so high in Goblet of Fire that she will have to manage not only Harry's life at school, but also the born-again Voldemort's latest rampage through the country.

Also, I just noticed on my last time through Goblet of Fire, that Fleur Delacour talks about perhaps getting a job at Hogwarts next year. What kind of role do you think she will play?

Old 10-23-2002, 01:40 AM   #56
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I think that Harry's getting kicked out of Hogwarts is quite a ridiculous idea, and particularly the afterthought, that he'll be moving to another school. There's been too much wonderful things going on for him in Hogwarts for that to happen, and besides, if he did get expelled, it would be so that J.K. Rowling could involve him more closely in the war with Voldemort.

That's one thing I have been wondering. How is J.K. Rowling going to do this big war with Voldemort from inside Hogwarts?
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 02:39 PM   #57
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

External reference to the events outside, probably.

Old 10-23-2002, 06:10 PM   #58
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

JKR was talking about a female DADA teacher...Fleur perhaps? Lets hope not, she had a big/annoying enough part in the 4th.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 02:24 PM   #59
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
Think Snape will get it in the end (like book 6 or 7)?

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 09:02 PM   #60
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I hope not.

Anyway, Malfoy's more likely to get it. Somehow what happened at the end of book 4 wasn't quite enough . . .
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote