Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-20-1999, 09:42 AM   #1
Elanor

Dear elves and other wise peoples,

I have a problem. I live in the Shire, at Bag End--you probably know that. I'm one of those Gamgees, the HUGE family and all. Life's fairly ok, but my dad's practically medieval! He's the MAYOR, so of course he has to keep a good public image--ugh. As if he hasn't been reelected enough times! Sheesh, my friend Faramir's dad is the Thain, and lets HIM do just about whatever he wants! I've tried talking to my dad and everything, but he WON'T let me go orc-hunting on Bill. It's just not fair. After all, this is the Fourth Age. I bet if he let me roam around a little, I could probably even discover some entwives somewhere! And I'm not a child anymore--I'm nearly three feet tall! . So tell me, what's with my dad? Any advice? Do you guys go through situations like this? . Not a child, Elanor
Old 11-20-1999, 04:00 PM   #2
peregrin

Re: Dear elves and other wise peoples,

I think your dad must be worried about what you could encounter along the way. Hunting orcs is no laughing matter, but years ago the two of us, along with the others, ran across things much worse than Orcs!! He is aware of the dangers that lurk in the world. Oh, you may think that things have quieted down some with the defeat of Sauron and all, but there are other dangers that maybe concealed. Inexperience being top of the list. Give yourself some time. If you are looking for excitement, ask Sam to take you on a short overnight journey somewhere, and when it is really dark, ask him to tell you about Shelob. BTW, don't be upset if this topic gets moved to another forum, it probably should be in general messages. :P Also while I'm at it...WELCOME to Entmoot!!!!
Old 11-21-1999, 04:50 AM   #3
Elanor

Thanks, Mister Took

How's your family? No orc-hunting yet, but dad's really ok. There probably aren't any orcs around here anyway, but maybe one of those ruffians . . . Poor Goldilocks, though--she's been grounded for climbing dad's special tree again! Elanor
Old 11-22-1999, 02:43 AM   #4
Darth Tater

Re: Thanks, Mister Took

Problems at home should be left at home. Please don't bring them to the board.
Old 12-04-1999, 02:09 AM   #5
Gimli the Dwarf

I know what you mean, when I was little my father Gloin wouldn't let me do anything. But when we moved to the mountain he gave me more freedom. It was a real shock when he let me go in the company, though he was so old by then he couldn't have stopped me if he tried.
Old 12-04-1999, 07:45 AM   #6
Elrond

No parental problems here. I didn't exactly know my parents proberly.
Old 12-04-1999, 08:07 AM   #7
Elanor

Poor Elrond, why not? Didn't your father run off and become a star or something?
Old 12-04-1999, 03:54 PM   #8
Darth Tater

My mom was a nice lady and all, but my father was just a little guy running around inside my cells.
Old 12-04-1999, 08:07 PM   #9
Elanor

:D

hee hee.
Old 12-05-1999, 05:47 AM   #10
Gimli the Dwarf

Re: :D

LOL! D.Tater, are you one of those other wise peoples, or are you just a vegetable?
Old 12-05-1999, 07:49 AM   #11
peregrin

hehehe

He is one of the wise
Old 12-05-1999, 08:37 PM   #12
Darth Tater

Re: hehehe

Wise? No way! I'm just a side dish.
Old 12-06-1999, 04:16 AM   #13
Elanor

Hey, don't you have two twin kids, the Tater Tots?
Old 12-06-1999, 11:34 PM   #14
Darth Tater

Yes as a matter of fact. You friends with them? I'm sick of them running around with kids who put illusions of goodness into their pits.
Old 12-07-1999, 12:59 AM   #15
ArwenUndomiel02

You people are nuts. But so am , so, well, I'll shut up now!
Old 12-07-1999, 04:51 AM   #16
anduin

This isn't the time to keep your thoughts to yourself, oh Cheesy One! :P BTW, Good you see you here....the cheese factor is always welcome
Old 12-07-1999, 05:03 AM   #17
Elanor

Parents

Yes. Everybody should commiserate about their personal and parental problems in this thread. How about you, anduin? Don't you have a couple tributaries that cause you friction from time to time?
Old 12-07-1999, 05:23 AM   #18
anduin

Re: Parents

I'm going to pass on this one for now
Old 01-21-2000, 01:10 AM   #19
Spock1

It would seem too much eldeberry wine has been consumed here. :-)
Old 01-21-2000, 01:28 AM   #20
Darth Tater

I must agree with the logical one, and as the friendly neighborhood admin I can't tollerate this (unless of course you let me get drunk too )