Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2003, 06:36 PM   #1
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

New Working Link for RotK....

Figured this needed a new thread since I saw people mad that the old link wasn't working plus I figured it would be seen more here than after 2 pages of people being mad

http://thesilentman.free.fr/Download/rotk.mov

Was this a good comeback for me?
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen

Last edited by Dúnedain : 07-31-2003 at 06:41 PM.
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:39 PM   #2
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Oh and just let it download, it works...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 07-31-2003, 10:47 PM   #3
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

This better be good if I'm going to spend an hour and a half of my time downloading this.

Jeez, I can't wait for T1...

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 12:29 AM   #4
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Ok, it's worth it. Thanks a bunch Dúnedain.

Comments forthcoming in the other trailers thread.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 03:55 AM   #5
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Re: New Working Link for RotK....

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
It certainly was! Thanks, this was alot better than the 10MB version. And it downloaded in 5 minutes. You're almost forgiven for forgetting us for so long.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:57 PM   #6
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

It sounds good. I will need to wait till later to see the video. (need to view on another computer).

Thanks for your efforts.

I sure this ruins it for those who wanted to view the movie.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 04:24 PM   #7
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

lol no it's just for the trailer, not the movie

--Linaewen
Old 08-02-2003, 03:19 PM   #8
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

YAY!!! Thankyou thankyou thanks! Oooh, I've been waiting so long to see that

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 10:46 PM   #9
anduin
Entwife

Ooooh! Good work! Thank you!
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 11:33 PM   #10
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Very good.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 08:54 AM   #11
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Finally was able to view the trailer.

I think it is well done. It gives just enough to make you wanting more, but not enough to give too much away.

Shelob's lair appears as if it will be very well done.

Hopefully ROTK will not focus primarily on battle scenes.

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
Old 08-06-2003, 04:10 PM   #12
mallondwen
Elven Warrior

oooh I WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE!!!!!! does anyone have a time machine o could borrow, i need to jump forward a few months, i promise to give it back...eventually.
Grey ship, grey ship, do you hear them calling,
The voices of my people that have gone before me?
I will leave, I will leave the woods that bore me;
For our days are ending and our years failing.
I will pass the wide waters lonely sailing.
Long are the waves on the Last Shore falling,
Sweet are the voices in the lost Isle calling,
In Eresëa, in Elvenhome that no man can discover,
Where the leaves fall not: land of my people forever!”
mallondwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 05:18 PM   #13
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

anyone know why i only get sound and not video?

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 05:57 PM   #14
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Thanks for providing us with the link, Dúnedain! I'm longing for RotK even more now
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 06:22 PM   #15
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by GandalfTheWhite
anyone know why i only get sound and not video?
You probably do not have the correct decoder.(I am not sure if that is the right term to use) If you have an updated viewer you will probably be able to see the trailer. (at least that is what happened to me.

Last edited by mithrand1r : 08-13-2003 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:09 PM   #16
Einalem
Hobbit

Does the link take you to the place where you download it or does it download by itself? and Shelobs lair????
Then Thorondor bore up Glorfindel's
body out of the abyss, and they buried
him in a mound of stones beside the
pass; and a green turf came there, and
yellow flowers bloomed upon it amid the
barrenness of stone, until the world
was changed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Allir menn eru sem tunglith,
Their eiga hlith sem enginn sér.~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-the first casualties of war are truth and Music-
Einalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 09:28 AM   #17
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Hey,thanks....it's really cool

Yay!

-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 10:09 PM   #18
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

...such...a...long...time...to...download...! I'll thank you when I've seen it (lol). No really, thanks for the link.

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 07:45 AM   #19
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

argh this is killing me! I really need to see this and my crap computer won't let me download it. *sob*

I'm so excited and i can't see the trailor. *sob*

Thanks anyway i'll have to keep trying it.
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 09:41 AM   #20
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Varda Oiolosseo
argh this is killing me! I really need to see this and my crap computer won't let me download it. *sob*

I'm so excited and i can't see the trailor. *sob*

Thanks anyway i'll have to keep trying it.

Try to view the clip at your local library or college/university. (or any other place you may be able to use another computer w/internet connection)

Of course you could wait till the trailer is out in the theatre.