Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2017, 09:24 AM   #3
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Had a couple trips that kept me away from it - and still reading slowly in odd moments. But comments here on two things that happen really fast:

1. After Morgoth returns to Middle Earth with the silmarils - he very quickly re-builds Angband, gathers the Orcs, and sends them off in two large detachments to attack Beleriand. All this before the Noldor begin to arrive! It seems awfully quick - especially with how slowly everything else seems to take in these ancient days.

2. I took note of this my first time reading the book - but Feanor dies RIGHT AWAY, after leading the Noldor from Aman and into Middle Earth. It seems so strange that he's gone so soon. And yet - all that he did (and how he did it) has such an influence on events throughout the rest of the First Age.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote