Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-20-2000, 04:35 PM   #1
etherealunicorn

a question...

I hope this is not too forward of me to ask this, but I don't understand a certain point, one which is undoubtedly quite obvious to you longtimers in Entmoot. On the topic listings, does a topic with no subject, such as bmilder's(I think that was it anyway), indicate a private topic? I was just curious, since I would have sworn that a topic was listed there the other day. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to seem nosy, but I did wonder and I don't want to breach the boundaries of politeness.
Old 05-20-2000, 04:39 PM   #2
The One Ring

Re: a question...

To answer your question, no, it doesn't. A blank thread is a pretty rare occurence, because you need to know how to make one. Then, of course, you need to know how to get in. bmilder seems to enjoy making them, out of a perverse desire to see who can figure out how to get in. This one is the only one that's been here, as I recall. It was started, oh, about six months ago. See if you can get in! There's absolutely nothing private about it....
Old 05-20-2000, 05:22 PM   #3
etherealunicorn

re: a question...

Thanks, One Ring, but I think that I will have to pass on the attempt to enter. I have to admit that I don't have the foggiest notion of how to go about it. Perhaps time will provide that information.
Old 05-20-2000, 06:01 PM   #4
anduin

I will give you a hint.......

Old 05-20-2000, 06:12 PM   #5
IronParrot

Re: I will give you a hint.......

anduin, you've made it too obvious!
Old 05-20-2000, 06:23 PM   #6
anduin

sorry
Old 05-20-2000, 07:01 PM   #7
bmilder

Well, I think hints are necessary this late after its creation... otherwise ethereal's fingers would get very tired putting in numbers all the way from 1 to 384

Yeah, I like blank threads. I knew how to make them at UBB, then I learned how to make them at ezboard. Someone pointed out a bug at the ezboard support forums that allowed for the creation of such a thread, and then they fixed it and planned to release the new version with that fix shortly afterward. So I had to act fast, and that's the only blank thread that can be created here ever, unless some other bug is found that does the same thing .

If you're curious, the thread was created by putting a "<" sign in place of a title. For some reason this made it blank. This error has since been fixed, as I mentioned, so don't go trying it
Old 05-20-2000, 07:05 PM   #8
captain Tarpols

yeah, ezboard fixed that "bug" so now it's impossible to make one on ezboard someone will hack in someday

Don't make it TOO easy, Tristan. Anduin's hint is enough, thank you
Old 05-20-2000, 07:14 PM   #9
captain Tarpols

drat
Old 05-20-2000, 07:21 PM   #10
IronParrot

I still haven't figured out how to make them on UBB...
Old 05-20-2000, 07:22 PM   #11
anduin

Well, we won't know if it was too much of a hint until he/she comes back from the Preakness.....
Old 05-20-2000, 09:55 PM   #12
captain Tarpols

<TABLE STYLE=filter:GLOW(color="green",strength=#+9)><FON T COLOR="red">i think to make them in ubb you have to type in ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++ as many times as you want. </TABLE></FONT>
Old 05-20-2000, 09:56 PM   #13
captain Tarpols

crimany! oh wait, html is not allowed
Old 05-20-2000, 10:00 PM   #14
etherealunicorn

re: a question...

Don't worry folks, the secret is safe with me, so to speak. Computing has never been my strength and I haven't had a computer for all that long. In that respect I am very much a novice. Anything I have learned has been picked up as I go along.
Old 05-24-2000, 03:19 AM   #15
Elanor

Re: re: a question...

me too. I like figuring things out, though I occasionally do ask for help...
Old 05-25-2000, 12:02 AM   #16
etherealunicorn

Re: re: a question...

I probably will ask for help eventually, but my contrary nature will probably make me try to figure it out for myself first :lol:
Unfortunately I haven't had the time to sit down and give it a really solid go yet. Maybe soon!
Just look out for me, I'm so clever :rollin:
jk, I'm really not that vain!