Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 12:22 PM   #1
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

Why are you weird?

Often when there's a new mooter the old mooters gather round and say welcome and that we're really weird around here. I don't know why but that's what happens. So I wanted to open the floor to those who proclaim themselves weird to prove it and let us all gaze upon your weirdness.

I'll start.

I cut my own hair. I have not darkened the doorway of a barber shop in over ten years. I usually always the same way - long on top, short on the back and sides, no sideburns, blocked in back - and after ten years of practice I got it down to a science.

In 1996 I was in Albania for three months. I lived with a family and had to adjust to thier customs. One of those things was eating what was put in front of you, all that was put in front of you. I had to eat goat's kidney and goat's intestines and at least once a week, a bowl full of black olives. I hate olives now.

All the CDs I have in my car are not written on which means I can't tell which songs are on what CD. (They're all CDRs and I burned an extensive amount of compliations from the MP3s that I stored in my computer.) Anyhow, I have the radio set to Random so that I can put a CD in and not know whats going to play.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:01 PM   #2
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

I like to recite poetry while walking to and from classes. I get a lot of weird looks when I walk past someone, and they can hear me saying, "O frabjous day, callooh! Callay! He chortled in his joy."

I also walk around campus wearing a grey fleece cape. It has earned me the nickname, "hobbit friend".

I'm on entmoot until the wee hours of the morning.

I like history enough to have made it my minor, and it would have been my major if that wasn't education. Thaaaat's right, if I ever grow up, I'm going to be a history teacher. RUN FOR YOUR SANITY!!!

I go to school in Canada, and am picking up the accent. My american roomies laugh at me for saying "eh?"
Old 03-19-2002, 04:22 PM   #3
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Where do I start???!!!

I have an absolute OBSESSION with The X Files and have an X Files Shrine,

I know a lot about the paranormal and have been reading that type of book since year 5,

I'm a very serious vegetarian and everyone at school seems to think its stupid and pointless,

I have a very weird logic thing where i can make ANYONE confused

sometimes i will suddenly start talking with an irish accent for no reason,

I LOVE evrything about Ancient Egypt, have even gone as far as learning hieroglypics and i've had very real dreams about someone who live in Ancient Egypt and i could swear i used to be her!!!!

I dont completely beleive it's past life but its fun to freak out my friends with,

When i go bowling i can curse someone on the other team and they are guaranteed to miss the pins,

And sometimes i now what people are going to say before they say it and end up answering before they say the question!!!!!

phew!!! So if you dont think i'm weird now then......!!!???

for all you pippin's out there.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:29 PM   #4
olsonm
Elf Lord

I'm not weird at all.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:30 PM   #5
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

I forgot to write that I was invited a few times to play music at Smokey Robinson's house while he was having a Bible Study. It was just me and my guitar. While there I got to meet Natalie Cole, MC Hammer, Judge Reinhold, Gary Busey and of course, Smokey himself. It was weird. The whole experience. Really weird.

Stawberry, what are your thoughts on crop circles?
Old 03-19-2002, 04:30 PM   #6
olsonm
Elf Lord

olsonm, you jerk! Your the biggest weirdo on this site and should have been banned a long time ago!
Old 03-19-2002, 04:31 PM   #7
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

~Even when there's a remote, I lay down on the floor in front of the TV and use my foot to switch channels.

~when I was teaching, I like to go to class on the first day and acting like one of the students and even try to put in a bad word about myself. When one of them complains I storm out threatening to report myself and I come in ready to teach with no need to know who's who.

~I stay awake for 48 hrs every once in a while only to sleep for about 12 the next day.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 03-19-2002, 04:33 PM   #8
olsonm
Elf Lord

First of all, it's YOU'RE not YOUR, idiot. Second, your opinion doesn't count seeing how you're just a flaming troll!!
Old 03-19-2002, 04:36 PM   #9
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Crop circles?

I personally beleive that they were all done by followers of those men who admitted to doing the first ones.

I beleive in aliens but not necessarily green thing with big heads maybe just bacterium t this stage. And I do beleive in intelligent life somewhere i just don't think its visited us yet, though maybe some of the stories could be true! who knows?

U beleive in ghosts?
Or the Bermuda triangle?

I personally beleive that Bermuda is a mostly a load of rubbish. The time warps i still find intriging but the disappearances area load of rubbish i think because data collected shows that the number of ships/planes that go missing there is the same amount as any other same size peice of ocean in the world!!!!!

I'm amazed at the pyramids and how they built them and very interested at the fact that they drew ufo's on tomb walls but i bet even then they thought about other life so it could just be fiction. But that program Stargate SG1 got me thinking.

Old 03-19-2002, 04:41 PM   #10
olsonm
Elf Lord

I'm not a troll! YOU'RE always speaking down to me like you think YOU'RE better than me!
Old 03-19-2002, 04:44 PM   #11
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

I am a movie buff so for the upcoming movie "Signs" i did some research on crop circles. I personally don't belive that the "authentic" ones were man made. Too good. Too perfect. What made them? Don't know.
Ghosts I believe in. Hauntings and things of that sort. Definately. There are things beyond our knowledge....

By the way, is olsonm talking to himself? Should we continue to ignore him?

Last edited by Kyote Fields : 03-19-2002 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2002, 04:46 PM   #12
olsonm
Elf Lord

Gosh, olsonm I never thought of it that way before. I have been mean to you. But you've been mean to me too! Pax?
Old 03-19-2002, 04:52 PM   #13
olsonm
Elf Lord

I don't know what 'Pax' means, but I think we should just try to be nicer in the future. (I still hate you though! )
Old 03-19-2002, 04:54 PM   #14
olsonm
Elf Lord

Alright, we'll agree to hate each other in silence.

<'Now That's annoying' has been filmed in front of a live studio audience.>
Old 03-19-2002, 04:55 PM   #15
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

which olsonm? I'm not sure which one to ignore. There are 4 arguing with 1, right?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 03-19-2002, 04:57 PM   #16
olsonm
Elf Lord

Don't ignore me! Ignore olsonm! He's weird.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:00 PM   #17
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

Who's Olsonm?

I don't see any Olsonm.

Its not that hard to make a good cirkle though Koyote. U just tie a plank of wood to a long peice of string which is atached to a satke and walk the plank around.

Cattle mutilations. Now THAT is something i'm interested in! I just dont know what couldve done thwm!

Old 03-19-2002, 05:01 PM   #18
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

I know things about things irrelevent... (You know why they invented rotating doors?)
I read about thing unimportant to sophmores in High School.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:22 PM   #19
Nibs
Head Hollara

We can all ascertain that olsonm is schizophrenic. They're unique.

Me? I'm loquacious, inherently bizarre, and willingly unique.

Let's see... inherent qualities. I'm double-jointed, which affects my shoulders, hips, and digits. I was also born into the LDS (Mormon) church, which seems to make me unique in some circles, but not here in Utah .

Now the non-inherent ones... okay, I have this affinity towards accents. Almost any. I also use puppets profusely. I had a class last semester where we made puppets and performed with them. Next step: take one with me to a test and collaborate with it on each question .

Another is that I don't have a preference for any single type of music. Some I can't stand, but I don't have a favorite. My favorite bands are (by far) They Might Be Giants and a far second, The Aquabats. I guess "Quirky Rock" would be an appropriate term for it.

I also don't deny the fact that I'm weird. I use superfluous verbiage as a hobby. Very strange things make me laugh.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:36 PM   #20
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
I am a very obsessed Tolkien fan . . . but you all knew that, right?
I love to spam, too. That's weird, and THAT'S ANNOYING! *grins*
I am told that I am weird, which of course means I probably am. I don't watch TV *gasp*, don't watch dumb teen movies *gasp*, have no interest whatsoever in spying on the boys locker rooms *gasp* *coughunlikesomepeopleIknowcough*, and have no idea what's going on in Britney Spear's love life. Go figure . . .

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Closed Thread