Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Feedback and Tech Problems
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
EllethValatari
Elven Warrior

I'm a hobbit?

Question: When I post something, on the the left hand side of my post under my name is the word "Hobbit" under other people's names are things like Fëanáro's Fire Mistress, The Shrike, Equilibrium, etc. just to name a few. Can I change what it says under my name? What is the significance of "Hobbit"?
"We have come from God, and inevitably the myths woven by us, though they contain error, will also reflect a splintered fragment of the true light, the eternal truth that is with God. Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil."
— J.R.R. Tolkien
EllethValatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

As can be found in the FAQ's:

Quote:
This text is called a title. The standard titles have Middle-earth themes and change based on how many posts you have. The titles are just for fun and have no impact on your user privileges or status. Here are the titles:

* Sapling: 0-2 posts
* Hobbit: 3-49 posts
* Enting: 50-99 posts
* Elven Warrior: 100-499 posts
* Elf Lord: 500+ posts

The default titles for moderators and administrators are "Huorn" and "Ent," respectively. Staff Members and Elf Lords often have custom titles. Staff members will always keep "Administrator" or "Moderator" in their titles, however, for easy identification. In some situations, the title "Smelly Orc" is given to spammers.
Once you reach the 500 posts, you become Elf Lord, but from then on you also have the opportunity to chose your own custom title that the admins will set for you.

Moving to Feedback Forum.