Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2003, 06:37 PM   #1
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Lord of the Rings Fan Series

This is my first post on The Tolkien Trail, so I'm really exited ! I'm thinking about doing a Lord of the Rings Fan Series (of fan fiction stories- not fan films) and posting it here. I contacted TheOneRing.Net a week ago, and they havn't answerd, so I asume they don't like me (or my premise). I'm now thinking about doing it on The Tolkien Trail now, but I just wanted to ask you which premise I should use. Here are the choices.

1. Lord of the Rings Infinities (a series of what would happen if something happened differently in each book/movie. EX:
Instead of Gollum biting Frodo's finger with the Ring off, Frodo kills Gollum and gives the Ring to Sauron.

2. Lord of the Rings Tales (a series of different stories from different LOTR ages. EX: One episode could be an adventure with Faramir and the rangers, another could be Isildur attacking an orc fortress, and another could be Beren before he met Luthien).

3. War of the Ring Chronicles (a series of stories featuring a different character each time from the War of the Ring. EX: One episode could be about a Wood Elf soldier, and another could be about Aragorn).

4. War of the Last Alliance Chronicles: (samething as #3 but with the people from the War of the Last Alliance).

5. War of the Jewels Chronicles (same as #3 and #4 but with the characters from the Silmarilion).

6. Post War of the Ring (series that takes place right after Return of the King).

7. Lord of the Rings: The Next Generation (a series of the adventures of the Fellowship's children).

Those are all the ones I could think of. Please vote. I"ll give you until Sunday. Thank you.

Yodaman.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:15 PM   #2
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Welcome to Entmoot Yodaman. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Welcome thread at the top of the General Messages forum.

If you'll notice, we have an entire forum dedicated to helping writers with some of their ideas by getting input from other members. It's called the Writer's Workshop and I think this thread would be better suited to that forum.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 07:52 AM   #3
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

RE: Due to another post I just made in the Movie Forum (it's called Scouring of the Shire?), I added option number 8. Please vote, or I'll send my cousin Yoda to get you all

This is my first post on The Tolkien Trail, so I'm really exited ! I'm thinking about doing a Lord of the Rings Fan Series (of fan fiction stories- not fan films) and posting it here. I contacted TheOneRing.Net a week ago, and they havn't answerd, so I asume they don't like me (or my premise). I'm now thinking about doing it on The Tolkien Trail now, but I just wanted to ask you which premise I should use. Here are the choices.

1. Lord of the Rings Infinities (a series of what would happen if something happened differently in each book/movie. EX: Instead of Gollum biting Frodo's finger with the Ring off, Frodo kills Gollum and gives the Ring to Sauron.

2. Lord of the Rings Tales (a series of different stories from different LOTR ages. EX: One episode could be an adventure with Faramir and the rangers, another could be Isildur attacking an orc fortress, and another could be Beren before he met Luthien).

3. War of the Ring Chronicles (a series of stories featuring a different character each time from the War of the Ring. EX: One episode could be about a Wood Elf soldier, and another could be about Aragorn).

4. War of the Last Alliance Chronicles: (samething as #3 but with the people from the War of the Last Alliance).

5. War of the Jewels Chronicles (same as #3 and #4 but with the characters from the Silmarilion).

6. Post War of the Ring (series that takes place right after Return of the King).

7. Lord of the Rings: The Next Generation (a series of the adventures of the Fellowship's children).

8. Scouring of the Shire/Hobbit Adventures: A series that centers and expands on the Scouring of the Shire events since .
it's not going to be in ROTK.

Those are all the ones I could think of. Please vote. I"ll give you until Sunday. Thank you.

Yodaman

Last edited by Yodaman : 09-17-2003 at 09:12 PM.
Yodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 11:32 PM   #4
Entlover
Elven Warrior

I vote for the second option.

I think we all know that there's no Scouring of the Shire, it's not a secret. But thanks for being considerate.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 11:47 AM   #5
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Well, just to let you know, In the RPG forum, we have a few interesting RPGs taking place (ie 4th age)

One particularly called Hytorax part 2, which takes place in a country called Enedwaith, during the reighn of Aragorn in Gondor. Enedwaith is allied with both Gondor and Rohan. It's very intereting. Another is "Bree To Moria RPG" which was never finished, but involved the retaking of Moria in the fourth age.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:38 AM   #6
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Deadline

Just wanted to remind you that tommorow morning is the deadline for this poll. Only one person vote, and he voted for Lord of the Rings Tales. So, if you want your vote to count, vote now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yodaman.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:41 AM   #7
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Deadline

Just wanted to remind you that tommorow morning is the deadline for this poll. Only one person vote, and he voted for Lord of the Rings Tales. So, if you want your vote to count, vote now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yodaman.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:08 AM   #8
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

There seemed to be two threads of this same topic in this forum. I merged them into one.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:26 AM   #9
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

WINNER!!!!!!!!!

The vote has officially ended. Only one person voted, and they voted Lord of the Rings Tales, so that's the one that will be my series. Keep checking this forum for news and updates about the series. If you are interested in writing a few episode for this series, contact me at yodaman55@cox.net. I'll except anyone who asks. Thank you for your time and vote!

Yodaman.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:36 AM   #10
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Hey Yodaman, do you mind keeping all the stuff about your Fan Series to this one thread? I closed the other one calling for submissions. We don't want too much clutter here...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 10:28 AM   #11
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Sorry. I don't know how to move my Star Wars thread to this forum, so can you please tell me how to? LOL>

Yodaman.