Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-14-2001, 01:29 AM   #1
gdl96

A Knight's Tale

Saw that last night. Still don't know why. I think it's because the friends I was with already saw the Mummy Returns. I wanted to see that.
Anyway, this movie was pretty not-so-good. The opening scene was horrible. It consisted of the whole crowd in the stadium chanting "we will rock you" (even the royalty) before the joust started. Then later on we get to see one of the main character's asses (and we later get to see it again. ech). The movie was pretty dumb, but could've made a really good stupid comedy. See it if you have nothing better to do. I doubt it's not as bad as Planet of the Apes is gonna be.
Old 05-17-2001, 02:11 AM   #2
The Black Lieutenant

Re: A Knight's Tale

I knew just by the trailer that it was going to suck. I still have hope for Planet of the Apes though.
Old 05-18-2001, 03:19 AM   #3
Film Hobbit

I wouldn't say A Knight's Tale sucks, I mean Joe Dirt, now there is a movie that sucks.

A Knights Tale is somewhere in between suckdom and coolsville... that is if you want to get technical.
Old 05-22-2001, 01:18 AM   #4
The Black Lieutenant

Don't get me wrong, I still want to see it.
Old 08-04-2001, 07:20 PM   #5
Samwise of the shire

Thanks for the warning:-)
Old 10-02-2001, 12:31 AM   #6
Sakata
Elven Warrior

soo...should I rent it or no?

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 10:12 PM   #7
galadriel
Elven Warrior

It depends. If you're renting it to watch with a bunch of teenage girls who think Heath Ledger is the hottest thing alive and actually like "We Will Rock You" (I thought that scene was cool!), by all means go ahead. It's really just a funny, semi-dramatic chick flick that happens to take place in 13th century Britain. Otherwise, rent something else. Bless the Child was good.

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 01:00 PM   #8
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Knight's Tale

I agree w/ Galadriel. I thought it was funny! The only thing I didn't really like were Joslin's outfits. A tad bit outrageous, aren't they? I mean, they're not the least bit mideval! But then again, neither is the music... Seriously though, If they were gonna make her outfits like that, then they should have done everybody else's like that, too. Her clothes stand out more than the music, I think!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 03:28 PM   #9
Gimly
Enting

I actually liked their idea with interferencing the past with some of the novadays things:
1)"We will rock" was good, they way they "made" a guitar sound (according to the movie) was cool, besides, I like the song and Queen is one of my favorite bands.
2)The dance change sequence.
Old 02-10-2002, 04:33 PM   #10
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Well, I saw it on DVD, and the reason they played modern music was to show that even in medieval times people had music that they considered their parents music, and their music. I didn't really like it though.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:14 PM   #11
TinuvielChild
Padawan

i saw it, i thought it was ok, i thought that Joslin's clothes absolutely sucked, i went home.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:38 PM   #12
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

I really didn't like this movie. I liked the story line behind it and all but I was not impressed with the modernization of a middle age time period. I thought it was kind of corny myself. But otherwise it was pretty good... I guess...
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 12:29 PM   #13
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
The only reason I watched it is because my friends are in love with Heath Ledger...

Ack, the shallowness, the shallowness!!! How could you like someone named after a candybar?
Old 03-28-2002, 03:32 PM   #14
TinuvielChild
Padawan

first name candy bar, last name a bank book...yeah that's the real reason i went too, my friends were like "Heath Ledger is hot, let's go see A Knight's Tale!"..whatever

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!

Last edited by TinuvielChild : 05-19-2002 at 05:05 PM.
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 04:48 PM   #15
aldesign
Elven Warrior

Lets put it this way...

.... i was given a FREE copy onto my hard-drive....

...and i was soo put off by the ****ey Trailer and Reviews, that i havent been ARSED to watch it, and ive had it since October.

andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 04:05 PM   #16
Faeirex
Hobbit

Location: A place inside my head, where none but myself dare go.
Oh God.

I loved A Knight's Tale!

You have to remember that the movie is basically a teen flick. Jousting for the guys, Heath for the girls (even though I don't actually fancy him), and a cool soundtrack to update it a bit.

Jocelyn's outfits were mad, yeah, but when you're sitting watchin with ur mates, it's just another thing to giggle about. You guys are too harsh.

If you haven't seen it yet, you should watch it. If just to watch Heath have the cr*p kicked out of him...

~Fae
Am becoming disenchanted with palantir guy. Refuses to send me photo, except of one v. large eyeball. Says he is shy but I rather suspect he is fat, or perhaps hairy. Have heard some v. bad stories about palantir relationships. Should probably cool it for a while.

Well, wouldn't you know, palantir guy turned out to be Dark Lord of Mordor. Just my luck. Could have been worse, I guess. Sauron not far or hairy, just disembodied force of evil. Must go now, have to raise massive demon army to scourge the earth. Also, have manicure appointment. Is no easy task keeping nails pointy.

Am tired of climbing up and down eight million stairs just to taunt Gandalf. Should have imprisoned him in easy-access dungeon where could taunt more effectively, and would not have to wait until after breakfast.

Have crossed orcs with goblin men in caverns below Isengard. V. tedious experience as orcs and goblin men most reluctant to breed, even with dinner and flowers. Next time will try something easier, such as breeding goblins and cheerleaders to create super-perky army that can travel by day and will not complain about pink uniforms.

Did not know when decided to make demon army for Sauron that would be so darn messy. Curse my decision to be Saruman the White. Should have decided to be Saruman the Muddy Brown, or Saruman the Faintly Greenish. White just shows all the slime.
Faeirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 04:24 PM   #17
Garina
Elf Lord

Yeah, don't knock it.
It's very good to watch if you're depressed and need something easy to watch. Obviously if you want something intellectually stimulating go somewhere else.

I gotta admit, the main reason I found it so funny was that my friend got so caught up in the film, that at the final joust she jumped up yelling "Yes!" - then remembering she was at the cinema. I haven't let her forget it yet.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 04:29 PM   #18
Garina
Elf Lord

Yeah, don't knock it.
It's very good to watch if you're depressed and need something easy to watch. Obviously if you want something intellectually stimulating go somewhere else.

I gotta admit, the main reason I found it so funny was that my friend got so caught up in the film, that at the final joust she jumped up yelling "Yes!" - then remembering she was at the cinema. I haven't let her forget it yet.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 09:24 AM   #19
Faeirex
Hobbit

Location: A place inside my head, where none but myself dare go.
Fairly random comment here, but Heath Ledger's making a new movie! And I think we all know who's starring alongside him...

Drum roll please...

Yay! Yay! Yay!
Orlando Bloom! I am soooo totally gonna be watching that movie. I think everybody knows about it by now, but for those of you who don't, it's called Ned Kelly (that's Heath) and Orlando plays his best mate (with an Irish accent). Swoon.

As I'm posting this here, I should probably make it tie in with a Knight's Tale a bit more, so here's a question for you guys. Does anybody know who actually played Jocelyn? I can't remember.

~Fae
Am becoming disenchanted with palantir guy. Refuses to send me photo, except of one v. large eyeball. Says he is shy but I rather suspect he is fat, or perhaps hairy. Have heard some v. bad stories about palantir relationships. Should probably cool it for a while.

Well, wouldn't you know, palantir guy turned out to be Dark Lord of Mordor. Just my luck. Could have been worse, I guess. Sauron not far or hairy, just disembodied force of evil. Must go now, have to raise massive demon army to scourge the earth. Also, have manicure appointment. Is no easy task keeping nails pointy.

Am tired of climbing up and down eight million stairs just to taunt Gandalf. Should have imprisoned him in easy-access dungeon where could taunt more effectively, and would not have to wait until after breakfast.

Have crossed orcs with goblin men in caverns below Isengard. V. tedious experience as orcs and goblin men most reluctant to breed, even with dinner and flowers. Next time will try something easier, such as breeding goblins and cheerleaders to create super-perky army that can travel by day and will not complain about pink uniforms.

Did not know when decided to make demon army for Sauron that would be so darn messy. Curse my decision to be Saruman the White. Should have decided to be Saruman the Muddy Brown, or Saruman the Faintly Greenish. White just shows all the slime.
Faeirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 04:43 PM   #20
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

I believe it was Shannyn Sossamon who played Jocelyn. She also played in 40 Days and 40 nights w/ Josh Hartnett (which I don't plan on seeing).

I actually liked a Knight's Tale, though! I had pretty much everything you would want in a movie. It was funny, romantic, had action, seriousness, and the good guy gets the girl in the end. Call me crazy, if you want...

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
HobbitChick88 is offline   Reply With Quote