Old 06-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #101
Morwen
Hobbit

That one made me cry...
Morwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #102
EllethValatari
Elven Warrior

Me too, or at least tears. Love the integration of Tolkien's love of story-telling.
"We have come from God, and inevitably the myths woven by us, though they contain error, will also reflect a splintered fragment of the true light, the eternal truth that is with God. Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil."
— J.R.R. Tolkien
EllethValatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:26 AM   #103
Morwen
Hobbit

I think my favourite quote from the movies is when Aragorn says to Eowyn (ROTK):
"I am but a shadow of a dream...
I cannot give you what you seek."
Or something like that, can't remember the exact wording. But I know that it is such a beautiful moment as you can see how wise he is and how much he cares for her, but at the same time he knows that she is not in love with him, she is in love with what he represents...
Morwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #104
ASmileThatExplodes
Hobbit

The scene where the Uruk-hai want to eat Merry and Peppin and then the leader (forgot his name) slices someone's head off and says:

"LOOKS LIKE MEAT'S BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!"

I ALWAYS laugh at that scene, even if I don't want to. :')
ASmileThatExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #105
missPinkmonkey
Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain View Post
We've got some of these in the other forums so I thought we should have one here.

What's your favourite line from the movie. Where is it and who said it. Why do you like it.

I have two. My first is Aragorn's line(s) at the Black Gate.
'Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers, I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields as the age of men comes crashing down. But it is not this day this day we fight. By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!'

And my second is Sam's at Osgiliath afte he saved Frodo, but that's even longer than the Aragorn one so I won't write it down.

What are yours?
that one from aragorn is so cool, i always say it when i look the films
missPinkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #106
missPinkmonkey
Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain View Post
We've got some of these in the other forums so I thought we should have one here.

What's your favourite line from the movie. Where is it and who said it. Why do you like it.

I have two. My first is Aragorn's line(s) at the Black Gate.
'Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers, I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields as the age of men comes crashing down. But it is not this day this day we fight. By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!'

And my second is Sam's at Osgiliath afte he saved Frodo, but that's even longer than the Aragorn one so I won't write it down.

What are yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmileThatExplodes View Post
The scene where the Uruk-hai want to eat Merry and Peppin and then the leader (forgot his name) slices someone's head off and says:

"LOOKS LIKE MEAT'S BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS!"

I ALWAYS laugh at that scene, even if I don't want to. :')
yes, that is so funny
missPinkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #107
Lyoko150
Sapling

Sam Gamgee Favorite Quote

In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit......
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Lyoko150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #108
Gandalf-the-White
Sapling

Gandalf

"It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."
― J. R. R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Gandalf-the-White is offline   Reply With Quote