Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #1
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Discussion Thread for the Flame Imperishable RPG

This RPG takes place in the Silmarilion, in the 162nd year after the creation of the sun and moon. It follows the story of an Elf of the Noldor who is searching for his twin brother, who dissapeared sometime after the third battle between the Noldor and Morgoth. The story begins in the port city of Brithambar, where the Elf has begun his search for his brother.

Rules:

1.) As in most RPG's there shouldn't be any god-moding. Please, if you join try to use only your own characters.
2.) Try to be reasonable with your characters. It's one thing if your character is skilled in combat, but it's quite another to say that he/she felled fifty orcs all by his/her lonesome. Don't try to be all-powerful, I'd like this RPG to be somewhat played in teamwork.
3.) If it is your wish after you have joined the RPG that you want to discontinue your involvement in it, then please create some kind of exit for your character from the story.
4.) If you want (and I hope you do) to interweave your own character's stories into this one, that's fine. In fact, that would probably make this more interesting. I only ask that your stories not obscure the main storyline.
5.) Please remember that this is based in the Silmarilion, and thus many things shall differ from the time of the Lord of the Rings. Some may wish to play a ranger character, for example. I don't want to discourage that, but remember that Numenor and, consequently, Gondor and Arnor, have yet to exist. A ranger of those nations is thus impossible in this time, but one can make a character with those qualities of a ranger.

If you want to join, please post character bios here in the discussion thread. I would appreciate it if you included the following: character's name, race (including the division of the race, an example being:Elf,Sindarin), gender, apearance, occupation/proffesion, any weapons that he/she may carry, and a background. Use this bio, if you wish, as a standard to model your own after.

Name: Turetan Belecamm
Race: Elf/Noldor
Appearance: short for an Elf (barely reaching six feet) with grey hair and dark green eyes. Often seen carrying a large case straped behind his back.
Weapons: he carries a small cache of his finest works in the large case he wears.
Background: he was born the second of twin sons in Valinor during the sixth age of Melkor's sentence. He learned smithery at the bidding of his father, who himself was a smith under Aule, but he learned much of his current knowledge from the Maia Olorin, who taught him wisdom. His father was killed in the attack of Melkor as the Dark Lord attempted to steal the Silmarilions. At first he was unwilling even after the death of his own father to join Feanor's quest for vengeance, but his brother's decision to go caused him to follow. He was not a fighter, however, and did not take part in the kin-slaying. He aided the army of the Noldor until after the thrid battle against Morgoth, when his brother suddenly vanished. Now he seeks to find the only remnant of his family left in the vasteness of Arda.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:58 PM   #2
Nautipus
Kraken King

Hey T. Are you still wanting to do this? I'll jump in.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"