Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2001, 02:17 PM   #1
bmilder

EntmootCon Planning (LotR Movie Meeting)

This is a continuation of this thread. There seems to be enough interest in our gathering for the LotR movie in December to go ahead in planning, so I have started a new thread with that purpose.

The dates are December 28th-30th, unless someone can see a reason why this would be bad.

So, what activities are we going to do to fill up a whole weekend? (Other than seeing the movie)
Old 07-22-2001, 02:38 PM   #2
anduin

Re: EntmootCon Planning (LotR Movie Meeting)

Ice skating? Tolkien Jeopardy? I did this once at a party (not centered around Tolkien though) and it was quite fun. Watch another movie? Rent a movie? Just hang out and talk? Dinner would be cool too.
Old 07-22-2001, 03:05 PM   #3
HOBBIT

we could rent a private screening of the movie. We could give out entmoot t-shirts, mugs, and pens. We could make 'stuff' (stuff meaning anything, you think of it)..... Maybe someone could make a comemerative Entmoot coin (like all the entloot greg and I made, but it should look good). Maybe people would be interested in a tour of Ben's room We could make a movie (video) or/and video tape entmootcon. hmmm stupid ideas, but please respond to them
Old 07-22-2001, 05:47 PM   #4
Xivigg

i have the two old animated movies Lord of the Ring AND the Hobbit both in english

i can bring them along if you wanted
Old 07-22-2001, 06:42 PM   #5
gdl96

I have a digital camera so we can take lots of pictures and put them right onto the web.

We could also take a nice tour of Tristan's room. Note: He leaves all of his money laying around his room.

We could visit my house and maybe even Jae's house so everyone could meet Honey and Snowball.

Oh yeah...I talked to Jae about it and he'll likely be at EntmootCon.
Old 07-23-2001, 04:41 AM   #6
IronParrot

GREAT timeslot. I think that will work fine. Then I can still fit in my other Christmastime commitments like my own board's bi-annual movie festival.

So around where would this be situated?

You see, the thing is, if we meet at Tater's place in the Boston area or whatever, that could have an effect on my chances for a Star Wars Con another board I visit is hosting in Boston for Episode II...
Old 07-23-2001, 11:42 AM   #7
anduin

I think it has been pretty much decided it will be at Ben's ...however, I guess nothing is set in stone.
Old 07-23-2001, 12:59 PM   #8
bmilder

Yeah, it's pretty much definitely going to be in New Jersey.

I thought maybe we could visit some of the large bookstores around here - Barnes and Noble, Borders. They have huge selections and cafes too.

I guess I could show them a tour of my room... (show Tater how to upload once and for all )

I know some people have asked to see my mom's Jeopardy tape... we could watch that if people wanted to do that.

I could always give a concert on my various intstruments .
Old 07-23-2001, 03:01 PM   #9
bmilder

Or how about going into New York City one day? People coming from far away would probably want to see it, and there's plenty to do there.
Old 07-23-2001, 03:46 PM   #10
webwizard333

Maybe a sort of secret santa thing?
Old 07-23-2001, 05:47 PM   #11
Xivigg

how about a gift exchange ???
Old 07-23-2001, 07:43 PM   #12
gdl96

New York is a great idea. We would probably go on Sunday because we'll be seeing the movie most likely on Saturday. There's lot to do there, so we should figure out what we're gonna do.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:10 PM   #13
Shanamir Duntak

Bah.... hate big cities.... so, I don't really want to go to New York...
Old 07-23-2001, 08:41 PM   #14
Xivigg

me neither

sorry
Old 07-23-2001, 09:16 PM   #15
anduin

I can't say I would be disappointed if we didn't go into New York. But I would go if that is what the plan was. I do want to see the Jeopardy tape.
Old 07-23-2001, 10:38 PM   #16
bmilder

There is a really cool place in New York called the Sony Wonderlab - it's got all this technological stuff in it, and you can fool around with it. It's fun, I think everyone would like that.
Old 07-24-2001, 01:32 AM   #17
gdl96

I was there a couple of months ago and it wasn't as impressive as it was when I first went for some wierd reason. Seems a little run down. You think they'd keep improving it with new technology, but no. Basically the same.
Old 07-24-2001, 01:35 AM   #18
Shanamir Duntak

We should name someone that will choose the activities among those suggested. Then this person will have to tell who has to prepare what for the EntmootCon.
Old 07-24-2001, 07:45 PM   #19
Xivigg

this person will also have to plan for transport
if he want to go to new-york he will have to make sure everyone can follow
Old 07-24-2001, 09:30 PM   #20
gdl96

We can't have someone plan the activities, transportation, etc, until we know pretty well what we're doing. That means we have to decide if we're gonna go ice skating, to NYC, or something else on Sunday. If we choose NYC, we'll have to choose where we go/where we eat, etc. I think that we should decide what we're doing exactly and all by no later than September.