Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-23-2006, 11:44 AM   #621
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

It would be Aredhel wouldn't it?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:49 AM   #622
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

i've already said it wasn't her
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #623
Telcontar_Dunedain

Morwen?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 05-23-2006, 12:15 PM   #624
jammi567

no!!
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:19 PM   #625
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Earwen?
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:32 PM   #626
jammi567

no!! . do you want to give up yet?

Old 05-23-2006, 01:35 PM   #627
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Earwen is the great great aunt though. She married Finarfin, brother of Fingolfin, father of Turgon, father of Idril, mother of Earendil, father of Elrond!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 01:51 PM   #628
jammi567

no, the answer's Galadrial. looking at the family trees, Earwen a great, great, great aunt of Elrond, not a great, great aunt? anyway, it's your go now.

Last edited by jammi567 : 05-23-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #629
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567
Well...ok then, but i was thinking of Galadrial. looking at the family trees, isn't Earwen a great, great, great aunt of Elrond, not a great, great aunt? anyway, it's your go now.
Riiight. I initially thought so, but you said 'no' to both Aredhel and Morwen, so I assumed you meant the aunt of the great grandfather. (or sister of the great great grandfather)

Aredhel is the sister of the great grandfather though, which would make her great great aunt, no?

And isn't Galadriel the daughter of Earwen?

Hmmm... I think Aredhel is the right answer, no? So it should be Earniel's turn. What do you think jammi?
Old 05-23-2006, 02:04 PM   #630
jammi567

to tell you the truth, i didn't know about Aredhel at all. so i think Earniel should have the next turn.

Old 05-23-2006, 02:22 PM   #631
Telcontar_Dunedain

It is Aredhel, I think, so Earniel should go.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #632
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I'm confused, since Elrond married Celebrian, Galadriel's daughter, that would make Galadriel his mother-in-law, not his great something auntie?

Confusing elf lineages...

Anyway... next question... Darn, no book near by, this will have to be by memory...

What was the name of the tree in which Lúthien was locked for safe-keeping by Thingol?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #633
jammi567

that's true, but Elrond was son of Earendil, son of Idril, daughter of Turgon, son of Fingolfin, brother to...oh wait, can a elven daughter of a elven brother be an aunt to someone many decendents down (ie. Elrond).

Old 06-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #634
jammi567

is anyone going to answer the question or what?

Old 06-02-2006, 02:31 AM   #635
jammi567

looks like it's upto me. is the answer Hirilorn.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:40 AM   #636
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Indeed it is. Your turn.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:49 AM   #637
jammi567

where did Amrod and Amras rule.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:16 AM   #638
jammi567

anyone.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:26 PM   #639
jammi567

anyone else, or is it time for a new question.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:45 PM   #640
NelyafinweMaitimo
Hobbit

Gollum An attempt to revive...

Amrod and Amras ruled in East Beleriand, between the rivers Aros and Gelion.

Who confirmed the words of Glaurung to Turin, exposing Niniel Nienor as Hurin's daughter? What did Turin call this man that provoked him?