Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > C.S. Lewis
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2006, 03:10 PM   #21
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

I finished listening to The Horse and His Boy on my ipod. There was NOTHING objectionable race wise, nor otherwise. He was even fair to the Calormene religion, when Aslan says to Rabadash "You have called on Tash, so go to the Temple in Calormene at the Autumn Feast etc..."

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:17 PM   #22
Huorn
Elven Warrior

Treebeard

It had been a while since I have read the story, but I do remember at least one Calormen dying his beard a bright red. I am not aware of any arabic correlation there.

Just call me Oakie
Huorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:38 PM   #23
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entwife_Oak
It had been a while since I have read the story, but I do remember at least one Calormen dying his beard a bright red. I am not aware of any arabic correlation there.
Right. I think what CSL essentially wanted was contrast, and in fact, the calormenes* seem to be more pagan than muslim.

*Mithrandir, excellent point about the spanish "calor" thing!

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 08-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #24
rael
Hobbit

Nazgul just a litte agreement /disagreement

i whole heartedly agree with you on the intent that somebody that quit his job to write novels wife would would not let her husband near a old job such as a factory even though i am twelve i understand this completely because my father used to work at a boat repair shop and even if he wanted to my mother would never let him work on boats again he is better off as a painter i think. but i must say in a friendly manner that i wholeheartedly disagree with you on the matter of calormen being turkish muslim i believe that they are either based on vietnamise people or maby even indians but still i hope that because of this you will not ceas to put your voice in this site
rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #25
rael
Hobbit

Nazgul of course it will be awhile

I beleive that in the course of a few years we shall see all of the remaining six narnia books in cinnema but for the time being you might cosider if you are a television producer to not only put number one in prodction but also put number three a horse and his boy into production assuming of course that first you shall put the magicians nephew into production first and after those two you shall put prince caspian and then you shall put the voyage of the dawn treader and still after the silver chair and still you might think of putting the last battle in to production and of course i understand that all this would happen in the course of ten years or more i wich i shall go from preteen to manhood
rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #26
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rael
I beleive that in the course of a few years we shall see all of the remaining six narnia books in cinnema but for the time being you might cosider if you are a television producer to not only put number one in prodction but also put number three a horse and his boy into production assuming of course that first you shall put the magicians nephew into production first and after those two you shall put prince caspian and then you shall put the voyage of the dawn treader and still after the silver chair and still you might think of putting the last battle in to production and of course i understand that all this would happen in the course of ten years or more i wich i shall go from preteen to manhood
Point taken, Rael; and Welcome to the 'Moot.

I think The Magician's Nephew should be made last; because after all, it's the only[?] one where characters from the other books aren't scheduled to appear at inconvenient ages for the producers of the movies...

The Da CINDY Code
~