Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit (book)
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-16-2005, 10:18 PM   #21
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
it may be noted that until bree, lotr is of the same sort of style as hobbit, up to that point lotr was still a childrens sequel to hobbit, after that it gets heavier and heavier to become the epic romance that we now know it to be, and the sil was written as an adult stle, a form of mock-history, if you will, IMHO all this is anyhoo
i agree with you on that one and the hobbit is a childrens book or if i say it correctly so a child can understand it? sil is written in an adult form which reminds me...i hafta read it again!

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:19 PM   #22
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ñólendil
You know before I started playing Lord of the Rings as a child, I was a cowboy fan. Had the boots and the sherrif badge and everything. Geeks are forever fated to live in a child's world.

*annoying guitar twanging ensues*
So cowboys are childish, now? My goodness, all the ones I know will be so crushed when I tell them. ];-)

You know it's sad when you visit a forum once every six months and the exact same threads are still floating around. What does that make posters like us?

Last edited by Wayfarer : 12-05-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #23
inked
Elf Lord

OLD recurrent posters, IMHO!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote